• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Finding Christmas Presents...

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
When I was younger I used to be all abot it, full house scavenger hunts looking for whatever presents I could, regardless of weather or not it was for me. I really just liked kowing what everyone was getting.

I was also a die hard shaker. You know, shake the presents under teh tree to try and figure out what it is.

So either way, I inadvertantly found out what Im getting for christmas, and now I have to act all suprised and stuff. It totally takes all the fun and suprise out of it tho, I wish I never found out.

Anyone else already know their gifts?
Who here is a shaker?

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Oooh I forgot about my 3rd sneaky talent.

I was the king of stealth unwrappings... I used to take one peice of tape off, and unfold the wrapping paper just enough to see what was inside, then wrap it back up again so that noone knew I had violated the sanctity of the wrapping paper.

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
my parents were never home so we just carefully opened the packages with a board-cutting knife, intricately pull it out of the wrapping and case, and play with it for the whole day.

By the time Christmas came around we were bored of the toys.

Bad Wilson.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Aphrodite

TRIBE Member
I was horrible. used to take presents into the bathroom late at night and carefully unrap them. sooo bad!!

now I love the suprise..

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
I never snooped. And I even use to turn down the opertunity to open a present early. I had to wait until Christmas morning. Mostly because I think I knew that once the gift is open the fun is over. My presents were usually good but it was more fun to guess then to know. Also because me and my sister would compete to see who was the last person to open a gift. I usually win because I'm a patient s.o.b.

My mom has basically stopped trying to surprise me. She asks what I want and then goes and gets it. So I usually come up with shitty ideas so she HAS to surprise me.

I love Christmas! So many deep psychological head games going on.

joey

TRIBE Member
my sister used to tell us what we were getting after she had snooped all around

there's a big present for me in my dads room that is already rapped. Yesterday I saw a card in the living room for a bar fridge. I guss that's what im gettin..

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dr Funk MD

My mom has basically stopped trying to surprise me. She asks what I want and then goes and gets it. So I usually come up with shitty ideas so she HAS to surprise me.
lol Im in the same boat. Nowadays I just tell them I dont want anything... Or I'll drop hints at something I obviously dont need. It forces them to suprise me. They usually do pretty good jobs too... They got me an iPod last year which made me shit my pants with joy.

Then they bought me new underwear too.

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by joey
there's a big present for me in my dads room that is already rapped. Yesterday I saw a card in the living room for a bar fridge. I guss that's what im gettin..
My parents never labeled anything until Christmas Eve and only put out the sweaters and socks early.

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
I didn't go in my parents room without their express permission as a child--and they didn't go into mine without my express permission. It was a good deal, but it means I never even got a chance to snoop, so I grew up without forming the desire too.

However, I still like the game where you try and trick people into telling you what they got you. I like battles of the wits.

starr

TRIBE Member
Well I've been telling my parents what to get me for Christmas since I was about 8 years old.

Whenever I don't tell them, I always hate what I get and it's really awkward and uncomfortable because I don't want to hurt their feelings.

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
I found out that santa wasnt real, cause one year i asked for a gumball machine, and I was in my room and I woke up to hear the gumballs being put in there and snuck downstairs and saw my mum doing it, and then I knew santa was a load of crap.

<---always looked for her presents!! ;)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

joey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dirty Girl
I found out that santa wasnt real, cause one year i asked for a gumball machine, and I was in my room and I woke up to hear the gumballs being put in there and snuck downstairs and saw my mum doing it, and then I knew santa was a load of crap.

<---always looked for her presents!! ;)
my parents always put our stocking on the end of our beds so as to occupy us for alittle while while they can still sleep.

one year a felt it being put down and woke up and saw my mom and then yelled at her for trying to steal my stocking. cause i yelled i had to go last in the opening presents circle...

after that is when i figured santa is hooey