• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Financial planners or anyone who's taken the CSC

diablo

TRIBE Member
I'm trying to get some info about the CSC, but the website is kind of shitty in terms of actual information about the course.

Is it an actual course where you have to go to classes/seminars, or do you just study the materials and then write an exam?

How long does it take?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
My little brother is doing it and he's not taking classes, he's just studying (I guess in preparation for an exam).

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
You get two books (they may have changed it to one) and you study it yourself. You could also take classes to help you with those books, but that cost you extra and I don't think it's necessary. I took mine a few years back and I know they've made some changes to the course. I think you only get a year to do it now, and there's either one or two exams, no assignment.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
yup, they got rid of the assignment.
you study on your own unless you choose to pay extra to take tutorials online or in a classroom setting.
otherwise, you just read the books (which have a study guide that comes with them) and write the 2 exams when you're ready.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

diablo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Booty Bits
you're welcome. oh, and its probably the most boring thing you'll ever do.

It can't be much worse than university-level accounting or economic development.
grey_zer0_emoticon_-_snooze.gif

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
unfortunately, it is!
i took accounting at university, and the CSC is way more dry!
(in my opinion of course)

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
unfortunately, it is!
i took accounting at university, and the CSC is way more dry!
(in my opinion of course)

financial accounting??

csc is dry I agree ...but financial accounting is more complex and it is very boring to read... especially the theory part. I mean is not THAT exciting to read. It actually puts me to sleep because the theory is so dense and the terminology...is something I am not used to and the book that i am reading goes into deep detail about things at times.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
oh, i see. well i was actually referring to non-financial accounting. you see, i went to circus school and we learned how to balance our monkey balance sheets and create concession stand income statements.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
oh, i see. well i was actually referring to non-financial accounting. you see, i went to circus school and we learned how to balance our monkey balance sheets and create concession stand income statements.

:eek:

I didn't mean it that way.

I just don't see csc being more boring than accounting theory that is all...or most accounting courses.

but that is funny... what kind of cashflow statement did you have then?

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
CSC is pretty easy if you ask me, and I have no real background in a BCOM, you can take a prep course if you want. It helped me, and I would suggest it if you are in a similar situation that I was, i.e. experience.

As most people have said here, its very dry.

Most universities have one at night school and such. They don't guarantee a pass. But the prep is very valuable, mock exam, etc. That and studying made the exam a breeze.

Good luck.

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by diablo
It can't be much worse than university-level accounting or economic development.
grey_zer0_emoticon_-_snooze.gif

oh it is.

CSC is boring and dry. Sucks that they got rid of the case study assignments - that was my favorite part of the course! The first one I crammed for (bad idea), the second one i took my time with - and i actually enjoyed the work.

The exams are extra dry - all you really have to do is memorize the glossary.