• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Final Fantasy XIV: A realm reborn

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
ive been dabbling with the idea of getting into the FF MMO , but dont know what kind of time and effort you need to put into it to be able to really enjoy it?

is it fun to level in? do you need a lot of other people to effectively level? how deep are the skill trees and classes? how many people do you control at once, is it like a single player, or more like a star craft, or hybrid of the two?

Projekt2501

TRIBE Member
When I started I was putting in some major hours, but I've really dwindled. Now I play maybe 5-10 hours a week. I find it fun to level in. Lots of different ways to get your exp points and you can choose whether to level solo or run things with people. I would say running things with people is the more effective way. Fighting classes, 2 Tank, 2 Healer, 5 DPS. Crafting and gathering classes too. You control 1 character and you can be any and all classes.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
im going to go check out some live action play and read up more on it.

How big is the open world and like different areas?

is it like WoW, Guild Wars 2, or more segregated like the planet system in SWTOR?

im pretty pumped to see what Everquest Next is supposed to be like, from the initial trailers and concept behind it, it looks like they are going to maintain the MMO single player system, but with more emphasis on really fun combat and in world climbing, jumping, akin to like assassins creed while maintaining the MMO prerogative.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

Projekt2501

TRIBE Member
Yeah...pay to play sucks, but the new content is kinda worth it. Patch 2.4 is out the end of October....so November is a great time to jump back in.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
How is the pvp, and is their open world pvp, or just what they provide.

one of the things i loved about leveling with ' light and dark side factions ' was killing and being killed in open world.

Guild Wars 2 while lots of fun, doesnt have a deep pve endgame, and relies on almost too much balancing in classes to make anyone class really fun, as they have no assigned tanking, healing, dps rolls.

i kind of miss that.

i dont NEED to have pvp, but i do enjoy it.

I feel like i almost want to go back and see what WoW is like after a 6 year haiatus hahaha

But Everquest Next is coming out soon.

BAH

That titan fight looks fun, and i like the mechanics of the fight, seemed kind of fun.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain