• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

filters, filters, filters

kid kinetik

TRIBE Member
Im looking for a portable filter (ie not rack mounted) that I can use when I play, both at home and out and about. I want to run it through the effects loop on a pioneer djm 500. Any suggestions on who makes a filter effects unit like this? or where I can get one?

thanks

rick

Deus

TRIBE Member
Korg has the Kaoss Pad thingh which has multi effects, including filters, with a very intuitive interface.

why not

TRIBE Member
i don't know if they still make them, but electrix made a few filter modules.

one thing you might want to check before you buy anything is whether or not the effects loop on the pioneer is pre or post fader (or an insert for that matter).

if it's post fader, the filter won't do much, as the unfiltered signal will still pass through.

some filters have phono inputs for this purpose, but then you need one for each deck.

kid kinetik

TRIBE Member
^^^^^

Oh yeah good point - I never thought of that. Also Ive looked at the Kaos pad and Im not really interested in that.

rick

SENSEi

TRIBE Promoter
The Sherman filter bank is KING!!
And priced accordingly.

The Electrix stuff is way more affordable and quite good from what I've heard.

You could also get a mixer with filers ala Allen and Heath.

SENSEi