• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

film lounge good or bad or what i am unknowledgeable on the subject

swilly

TRIBE Member
i was just wondering if any of you have ever been to this place. i have heard many stories from differnt people some say great others bitch about the dress code and what have you i was just wondering if could get some feed back on this. since my cousin is a part owner i feel obligated to go but on the other hand i dont know i want to
hellllppppp!!!!!
swilly
fuck the procrastination never stops

dicksherwood

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by swilly
. since my cousin is a part owner i feel obligated to go but on the other hand i dont know i want to
hellllppppp!!!!!

Hey Swilly, who's your cousin? Joe Brant (one of the owners) is a good friend.

I like the spot, music is better on a Saturday night, don't go Fridays as there is a very sketchy crowd

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

swilly

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: film lounge good or bad or what i am unknowledgeable on the subject

Originally posted by dicksherwood69

Hey Swilly, who's your cousin? Joe Brant (one of the owners) is a good friend.

On the dot they come from the Mohawk side of the family
swilly what kind of music do they play like trance or house?

I like Film lounge. I have been there twice, both on Saturday nights. On Saturday nights they have only female DJ's (mostly cute) spinning anything from Techno, to Prog, to House, to Trance, a little of everything I suppose. I forget what the night is called, something like 'Women on Film'. In any case, Chiclet from the board here spins there on that night. I am not sure who she is, but I am sure she is good. :) (TBK What)

The crowd there is a pretty eclectic mix of all walks of life. You have your roided out dudes, ripper chicks, rave kids, slicked up people, normal looking people and every single race you can think of. Generally, I find the vibe to be pretty good there. Good music, good times and good fun.

The space is nice, yet somewhat intimate. Not as big or as 'sketchy and dark' as System and not as small as a place like Inside (one floor). The decor is nice as well. It's not the nicest club I have ever seen, but by no means is it dirty.

As far as the drug scene in there, it's a coke den. It may or may not be your style, but I've had fun there just boozing up a storm.

Hope that helps.

Peace and Love,
T

-if you've got some hook-ups there, can I somehow score some guest list action maybe? No worries if it is a problem. Tks. :)

Cheeka

TRIBE Member
I have only been there on Fridays and I haven't liked it at all.
the crowd was too sketchy - it seemed like a budget Guv!!

I will probably give it a shot on a Sat sometime because I like the venue itself... but Fridays imo are pretty shifty and I wouldn't recommend it.

Aphrodite

TRIBE Member
I wouldn't say Film Lounge partiers are ecclectic. I think I'd have to say the opposite. they all seem to be desperately trying to fit into a stereo-type of what a boy looks like, and what a girl looks like. boooo to the music video look. but to each there own.

The music is good.. I'm usually there for Chiclet's sets, she takes you from more progressivy stuff into hard hard trance. the people eat it up!AMG and Sidney Blue house and I usually like their track selection. the drugs are coke and g.. but I haven't seen anything really disgusting yet. I must give that crowd some credit tho, they know how to party. they go till 6 and you have to beg them to leave. which is more than I can say for a lot of the ravah crowds these days. I wont forget them chanting "ONE MORE SONG!" as Marcia(chiclet) was closing up. it was nice to see some inthusiasm.

They know nothing about music. but they love it. so you can't hold it against them.

the decore is sweet.. I like it a lot. there's a charming spiralling yellow brick road on the dancfloor, but get there at 9 if you want to see it.

they overcrowd the place a lot. this is probably the reason I don't like going anymore. I'm glad it's successful but holy shit. I hate having to fight my way through a crowd to take a piss. being pushed around by 300 pound men is not fun. so because of the over crowdedness I don't like the place. it's no worth it to me.

THERE IS A REASON WHY THERE ARE LAWS AGAINST CRAMMING A SPACE WITH HUMAN BEINGS. but whatever... it's all about the cash flow

Definately go and find out for yourself.

CHECK OUT CHICLET WITH AN EXTENDED 4 HOUR SET either next saturday or the week after I'm not sure LOL

Chiclet's right next to me(naked, score), and she says if you want guestlist then email her at chiclet@yahoo.com

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Bro, you comin ta film tanight!?

DSCF0002.jpg

Dave Lee

TRIBE Member
I'm all for being inclusionary and not being stereotypical or anything but come on... pretty boys on 'roids and women who have to buy a pair of tits to gain self-esteem?

People like this genuinely bother me.

But then again I'm a mildly chubby Asian nerd kid who doesn't drive a souped up BMW through richmond hill so maybe I'm biased =)

dave

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dave Lee
I'm all for being inclusionary and not being stereotypical or anything but come on... pretty boys on 'roids and women who have to buy a pair of tits to gain self-esteem?

People like this genuinely bother me.

But then again I'm a mildly chubby Asian nerd kid who doesn't drive a souped up BMW through richmond hill so maybe I'm biased =)

dave

I don't care that those people are there just as long as
A) they don't bother me
B) they don't ask me for drugs
C) they dont rub up agianst me when shirtless & sweating profusely.

It's just funny all the pics they have on there are of Climbos & Himbos.. makes you think what clientelle they are trying to attract..

But alas I have yet to see for myself, so until then I cannot judge.

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OTIS
Bro, you comin ta film tanight!?

DSCF0002.jpg

WTF is that?
Seriously. You have big muscles, but showing them off like that is the ultimate turnoff. Get a life, goon.

Ming.

poker face

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mingster

WTF is that?
Seriously. You have big muscles, but showing them off like that is the ultimate turnoff. Get a life, goon.

Ming.

True!

It is one thing to work out and keep in shape but to walk around with your shirt off is shit!

mingster

TRIBE Member
Working out, being buff = nice! and encouraged.
Taking shirt off in club = no class. Dirty looks from the Mingster.

Ming.

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Ah, how I yearn for a simple woman.. one who spends very little time narcissistically obsessing over her image. A woman of substance.. a woman like:

DSCF0048.jpg

..THIS!!!

BBB.

Ah, just like sweet old Mom!