• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

FIFA world cup - join this pool now!!!

Illogistix

TRIBE Member
Any soccer nuts out there?

I know its still 5 months away.....but I'm a nerd and its never too early to start the soccer discussions. Italy is ASS - go England!

So I entered a private group in the pool at fifaworldcup.com.

First prize after round robin is 2 tickets to the finals - all expenses paid.

(Too bad you gotta beat out the rest of the world to win - but hey, anything is possible.)

Check it out. I know there must be a few other fans out there in tribe land.

http://games.fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/p

Our Group ID# is - 6708

Group name is - TRIBAL HOOLIGANS

Password id - alexd.


It takes about 15 minutes to make your picks. Join up if you is down with futbol.
 

zoo

TRIBE Member
I vote for Macedonia to win the world cup.

Don't you need the TRIBE logo on the FIFA flyer to advertise on this website?
 

Preroller

TRIBE Member
They have a pretty good looking one at Yahoo, I'll prolly create the league in the next few months and let all of you know when to join up. I'll go in your for sure manz...
Dave
 

Illogistix

TRIBE Member
This is the yahoo pool you speak of.

Peeps have 5 months to join - there is no rush - but I thought this thread could also double as a world-cup forum (on the dl of course)....

Michael Owen = Golden Boot
 

louie

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Illogistix:
Any soccer nuts out there?

I know its still 5 months away.....but I'm a nerd and its never too early to start the soccer discussions. Italy is ASS - go England!

So I entered a private group in the pool at fifaworldcup.com.

First prize after round robin is 2 tickets to the finals - all expenses paid.

(Too bad you gotta beat out the rest of the world to win - but hey, anything is possible.)

Check it out. I know there must be a few other fans out there in tribe land.

http://games.fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/p

Our Group ID# is - 6708

Group name is - TRIBAL HOOLIGANS

Password id - alexd.


It takes about 15 minutes to make your picks. Join up if you is down with futbol.
</font>
Italy is Ass????? At least they will get out of their pool and go to the finals. HAHAAHA sorry pal England ain't going anywhere, and if you think they are you got something comming to you

Owen - Golden Boot - na 3 games isn't enough to win the Golden Boot hahahaha

Vieri - Golden Boot guaranteed..........


Bring it on i love soccer talk.........
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Nesta

TRIBE Member
My friends and I have organized a wicked pool. But how can you pick a Golden Boot winner now if there is still 5 months until the World Cup? Injuries do happen...


Why is it that everybody wants to see Italy lose?
 

Boo

TRIBE Member
Italy is ass...sure we all know that - don't have to point that out


England winning? i think not.. unless they're giving out points for number of fans arrested and damage caused.

Ire-land..oh ah ah...Ire-land!
 

futronic

TRIBE Member
Nesta, everyone always wants to see Italy lose because *everyone* knows they're the only team that consistently puts a serious contender on the field every time the finals rolls around, and always has the opportunity to win it all.

Viva Italia!

-- Jay aka Fut
 

louie

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by futronic:
Nesta, everyone always wants to see Italy lose because *everyone* knows they're the only team that consistently puts a serious contender on the field every time the finals rolls around, and always has the opportunity to win it all.

Viva Italia!

-- Jay aka Fut
</font>
Very very nicely put.............


Nesta I hear what your saying about injuries, but don't you think with the way Vieri is playing right now, provided he stays healthy is gonna tear things up come World Cup time? The guy is a man on a mission these days, no striker in Europe is playing better........
 

Illogistix

TRIBE Member
The Azzuri got no hope - even with an easier draw than England.....

That is unless......Toto Skill-achi can come of the bench for inspiration and Dino Zoff is in goal!

Then you got Maldini - this guy is like 40, and still I'd take Franco Baresi over him, although young bucks like Nesta got a long way to go to reach that level....

Remember Euro 2000? Italy defence cost them the match versus France, especially in the last 10 minutes.....

Like I said - Owen, Beckham, Heskey and the rest of the lads will shock the world when they drop Argentina in round one - on there way to the championship!!!!
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

-Mercury-

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by futronic:
Nesta, everyone always wants to see Italy lose because *everyone* knows they're the only team that consistently puts a serious contender on the field every time the finals rolls around, and always has the opportunity to win it all.

Viva Italia!

-- Jay aka Fut
</font>

no, *everyone* wants to see them lose because all too often their "fans" blurt out some ignorant crap like this


how about brazil, germany, argentina......

I would say those teams also
"consistently put a serious contender on the field every time the finals rolls around"


tony
 

-Mercury-

TRIBE Member
btw
i signed up in the pool as Figo's Falcons



and as far as the wc goes, my heart says portugal, but my head says argentina

i'd say they're the team to beat (barring injuries)
 

louie

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Illogistix:
The Azzuri got no hope - even with an easier draw than England.....

That is unless......Toto Skill-achi can come of the bench for inspiration and Dino Zoff is in goal!

Then you got Maldini - this guy is like 40, and still I'd take Franco Baresi over him, although young bucks like Nesta got a long way to go to reach that level....

Remember Euro 2000? Italy defence cost them the match versus France, especially in the last 10 minutes.....

Like I said - Owen, Beckham, Heskey and the rest of the lads will shock the world when they drop Argentina in round one - on there way to the championship!!!!
</font>

And how exactly do the Azzurri have no hope? Arguabaly One of the best goalies and defence in the world, finally an attacking mid fielder in Totti who is tearing things up right now, and Vieri who is the best striker in the Europe right now along side Del Piero...... sorry bud you add those up and it = ITALY right to the finals.....

We don't need Toto we have Vieri, and we don't need Zoff we have Toldo or Buffon.

Sorry Maldini is 32, and still one of best defenders in the World and their inspirational Captain, and Nesta? This guy is the best youngest central defender in the game today, every team in Europe wants him.

And maybe their defence did make a little mistake in Euro 2000, but if it wasn't for Nesta, Cannavaro, and Maldini they wouldn't have got that far, to blame their defense for the loss is one of the stupidest things i've heard. In case you forgot the all star team at Euro consisted of Toldo, Nesta, and Maldini, thats 3 of the 5 defensive positions........
 

-Mercury-

TRIBE Member
**BUMP***

i watched man u get away with a 2-1 win at home to blackburn (in andy cole's return)

ruud tied a record for scoring a goal in 8 consecutive EPL games.

tony
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

-Mercury-

TRIBE Member
with a bunch of friendlies to be played tomorrow ( today, technically), I thought it would be a good time to bring this thread back near the top here......

and with only 44 days left untill the WC, most teams are trying to fine-tune their line-ups, with many players trying to impress their coachs in order to insure themselves a trip to Japan/Korea

some of todays games:
(home teams listed first)


Austria - Cameroon
Croatia - Bosnia-Herzegovina
Denmark - Israel
England - Paraguay
France - Russia
Germany - Argentina
Greece - Czech Republic
Ireland Republic - USA
Italy - Uruguay
Japan - Costa Rica
Northern Ireland - Spain
Norway - Sweden
Poland - Romania
Portugal - Brazil <----- a mouthwatering matchup
Scotland - Nigeria

and a note to you england fans, Micheal Owen has been named as the captain in todays game, and will keep the armband warm untill Beck's makes his return
 

-Mercury-

TRIBE Member
a few of today's results:

Republic of Ireland 2 - 1 United States
Germany 0 - 1 Argentina
Italy 1 - 1 Uruguay
England 4 - 0 Paraguay
France 0 - 0 Russia
Northern Ireland 0 - 5 Spain
Scotland 1 - 2 Nigeria
Portugal 1 - 1 Brazil


And Canada might be represented in the WC afterall, as Owen Hargraeves put in a good performance in the second half against an outgunned Paraguay squad
 

wadawanka

TRIBE Member
World cup

Chalk up another one for the boys in Green (Ireland that is)....
One loss in their last 20 International matches...watch out world, it's time for a soccer revolution....
 

MARCin

TRIBE Member
more results:

Croatia - Bosnia 2:0
Japan - Costa Rica 1:1
Denmark - Israel 3:1
Norway - Sweden 0:0
Turkey - Chile 2:0
Belgium - Slowakia 1:1
Austria - Cameroon 0:0
Poland - Romania 1:2

Now as far as who might win the world cup, i'm preety sure Argentina's gonna get it. Everyone should watch out for France, as well, they still are a great team. Other than that, portugal and italy (provided they will play as good as they did in the last euro) should go far. I'd say Spain aswell, but they always dissapoint. But it most likely won't be an european team. Simply because... the finals are not in europe. If i'm not mistaken, no european team ever won the finals outside of Europe. So my money goes on Argentina, period.

marc..
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

-Mercury-

TRIBE Member
Well, since we got a little soccer talk goin' on, how about getting a few more people signed up in our WC pool.
 

Nesta

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by -Mercury-



no, *everyone* wants to see them lose because all too often their "fans" blurt out some ignorant crap like this


how about brazil, germany, argentina......

I would say those teams also
"consistently put a serious contender on the field every time the finals rolls around"


tony
over the last 12 years, which team has been more consistent then Italy on an international stage?
 

-Mercury-

TRIBE Member
Nesta, over the last 12 years......
Italy has been in 2 major tournement finals. (WC or Euro/Copa America)

That is the same number of finals as Argentina has been in.

Germany has made it to 3 finals.

And heading up that list is...Brasil with 5 finals over that same time period. Including being in the last 2 WC finals.


So I firmly stand behind my previous statement that brazil, germany, argentina, and even italy......

"consistently put a serious contender on the field every time the finals rolls around"


I'm sure that jay (futronic), is a great guy and all, but that post of his was Bullshit.
 

Illogistix

TRIBE Member
I totally forgot about this pool. WooHoo bring on the futbol!!!

Aww yeah - England can still win this shit - Beckham is a quick healer, and fuck we don't even need him to finish top 2 in the group.

I hope the Azzuri bring Baggio into the fray - so he can miss another penalty...I even heard he is a BUDDHIST - hence his hard-on to play in Japan.

France is obviously still the team to beat, with nods to Argentina, Brasil (can never count them out) and Portugal. Italy will be there (they always are) but they will bow out in the Semi's.

England wins.
 

Illogistix

TRIBE Member
Less than 3 weeks to go....

Where's all the futbol fans in the place????

Join the pool - become a champion - and the glory will be yours.......

To share with ENGLAND of course.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top