• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

FIFA Corruption Arrests

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
This topic deserves its own thread. is this going to impact the next World Cups in any way? Will the chosen locations be cancelled?

KickIT

TRIBE Member
The 2022 World Cup in Qatar should be yanked. The corruption and absolute deplorable death count for migrate workers building the world cup make me not want to support this world cup whatsoever. I think we're going to see a huge backlash against that particular world cup with some big sponsors threatening to pull out.

From the Washington post The human toll of FIFA’s corruption - The Washington Post

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
this Sebb piece of shit should be taken out back and beaten by unruly mobs from every country he's taken advantage of.
today, he calls an emergency meeting...yet misses 3 public appearances.
if he's re-elected, i'm betting all those sponsors will bolt.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
The "whistleblower" kept a $6000/month apartment in NY for his cats.

Ex-FIFA Official Chuck Blazer Paid $6K Per Month For Cats’ Apartment

Attention crazy cat people: The bar has been raised. If you weren’t aware of the current pickle FIFA has found itself in, it comes down to this: a number of high-ranking officials were arrested on Tuesday on numerous charges ranging from corruption to racketeering. Chuck Blazer likely would have been one of those arrested had he not left the organization in 2013. Blazer, 69, is the former secretary general of CONCACAF, which turned itself in to the United State government in 2012 after years of tax evasion. Blazer, who reportedly evaded plenty of taxes of his own, has already plead guilty in the investigation and now is working in conjunction with both the IRS and FBI as in informant, according to the New York Daily News. But that’s not the most interesting part of the story. Among the perks Blazer received while operating as secretary general — including houses in New York, Miami and the Bahamas and “a world of private jets, famous friends, secret island getaways, offshore bank accounts and so much fine food and drink that he eventually needed a fleet of mobility scooters to move from feast to feast” — this is the most fascinating: he also had two apartments in the Trump Tower, one he worked out of that cost approximately $18,000 per month. The other, though, was an “adjoining $6,000 retreat largely for his unruly cats,” according to a source cited in the News’ report. Blazer also reportedly is morbidly ill while suffering from colon cancer. “He lived like there was no tomorrow,” a source told the News. Apparently, so did his cats.

Read more at: Ex-FIFA Official Chuck Blazer Paid $6K Per Month For Cats’ Apartment | Soccer | NESN.com

acheron

TRIBE Member
all it took was the americans discovering they could really sink their teeth into the ocean of billable hours and extra fees involved in a takedown of FIFA. FIFA came up against the only cartel more greedy than them - the american legal system... this is going to be one for the ages.

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
The 2022 World Cup in Qatar should be yanked. The corruption and absolute deplorable death count for migrate workers building the world cup make me not want to support this world cup whatsoever. I think we're going to see a huge backlash against that particular world cup with some big sponsors threatening to pull out.
Very unlikely that you'll see sponsors pull out - no matter how ethical they are. There's too much money to be made.

As for FIFA, this has been a long time coming. This has been going on for decades and it was only a matter of time before the can of worms was opened. FIFA this time, the IOC next.

I'm glad to see that this is hopefully the end of palms being greased and cronyism.