• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Field Trip to Eaton Centre?!

juice

TRIBE Member
Ok what the hell. I was just over at the Eaton Centre and it appears to be overrun with junior high school students on a field trip to the mall? I overheard a bunch of them talking about how this was the best trip ever and how they wanted to run away downtown and do other things as well etc etc. I only ever remember going to the science centre or the zoo on class trips. What are these kids learning at the mall? Granted we didn't learn much at the places we went because we'd goof off, but there was still the air of education about them. The only thing they're picking up at the Eaton Centre is how to wear low riders and let your thong show ... which is prominently displayed in many of the store windows in the mall, or how to thug it up by blocking the doorways to the mall, I had to push the punks out of the way while huddled in masses outside the doors smoking. The future looks bleak.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
my favourite field trips as a kid were when we went downtown (in ottawa) and got to basically terrorize the Rideau Centre for an afternoon.

[cartman]kick ass[/cartman]

noodle

TRIBE Member
Sometimes schools catch a matinee at one of the theatres accross the street. The kids are usually allowed to have lunch/hang out at the mall an hour before the show starts.

When I was in Grade 7 we went to see Phantom of the Opera and got some free time before hand to hang out at the Eaton Centre. Pretty exciting for a 12 year old.

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by noodle
Sometimes schools catch a matinee at one of the theatres accross the street. The kids are usually allowed to have lunch/hang out at the mall an hour before the show starts.

When I was in Grade 7 we went to see Phantom of the Opera and got some free time before hand to hang out at the Eaton Centre. Pretty exciting for a 12 year old.

Yup, I remember doing this too...I also went to see Phantom and Les Miz way back when, and we went to the Eaton centre before to kill some time and have lunch.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

juice

TRIBE Member
There are no matinee shows on a Friday to my knowledge, these kids were punks along with the punk ass teachers that were sitting in Mr. Greenjeans getting drunk I bet. Ya'll a bunch of punks as well. I'm going to grab my cane and go back there and heckle them and talk about the good ol' days of field trips and learning.

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
as a young kid my dad and I would go record shopping at Sam the record man. Basically it would be our "guytime" to hang out and do dad/son stuff....

so by the time I was old enough to go to those musical/play events, I already was familiar with downtown. We'd take off and play videogames or go to Sams and stuff..... god only knows how I didn't end up in trouble.....

hehe... to be in junor high again and downtown for school.

IgStar

TRIBE Member
well, shit man I got gyped BIGTIME.

Elmira Maple Syrup Festival (mind you, GOOD food, but when you're 12 you aren't really appreciating it then)

Downtown Stratford

whoooooooooo hoo

the excitement was truly overwhelming.

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
yeah, your post's a bit Toronto-centric; if you were a kid from out of town, some time was usually allotted for running wild, buying that new cassette at Sam's that you couldn't get at your hometown mall's record shop

zoo

TRIBE Member
we went on a few trips downtown for various things during highschool

they were fun :)

in elementary school our trips were to bunk places like 'silver creek' and other garbage religious retreats

vinder

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Indian Girl
well, shit man I got gyped BIGTIME.

Elmira Maple Syrup Festival (mind you, GOOD food, but when you're 12 you aren't really appreciating it then)

Downtown Stratford

whoooooooooo hoo

the excitement was truly overwhelming.

i went to that a couple years ago (not on a field trip). the food is fucking amazing.

IgStar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by vinder
i went to that a couple years ago (not on a field trip). the food is fucking amazing.

yes it is.

my dads side of the family is from Elmira, so it was no fieldtrip to me as I was dragged there every fucking Sunday.

anyways - Elmira Maple Syrup Festival has some seriously GOOD EATS.
noice Vinder! :)

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
Re: Re: Re: Field Trip to Eaton Centre?!

Originally posted by daddyiwantchocolate
They're probably from Kingston, give them a break.

Bright-lights-big-city Syndrome.

Why do hurt Mongo with a dig Kingston :(

tayo

TRIBE Member
One time in fourth grade they took us on a field trip to Burger King. It was basically a big advertisement for Burger King, where they took us into the kitchen and told us how they only use the freshest vegetables etc., and how maybe one day we can work for Burger King. And then we had lunch at Burger King.