• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

FidoCity plan (no contract, no catches)

vinder

TRIBE Member
I have to give up my fido city rate plan as i get raped with long distance and roaming charges (travel for work). however, i was given the option when i called to quit to see if anyone else would like to take it over as it's a great rate and this plan is no longer offered.

basically, $45/month + 6.95/month (they added this fee at the time when they cancelled this plan cause i wouldn't sign a contract) + whatever you want as far as calling features. basically, $52/month + tax for unlimited calling anytime within the calling area (essentially all of GTA).

i don't want to give it up as it's a fantastic plan, but i really can't keep it. there's no strings attached, and i'm not asking for anything in return. that being said, i'm not doing the legwork on getting this account transferred. i'll provide fido with your contact info to get the account switched, but after that it's all you.

pm me if interested.

scott

TRIBE Member
vinder said:
I have to give up my fido city rate plan as i get raped with long distance and roaming charges (travel for work). however, i was given the option when i called to quit to see if anyone else would like to take it over as it's a great rate and this plan is no longer offered.

basically, $45/month + 6.95/month (they added this fee at the time when they cancelled this plan cause i wouldn't sign a contract) + whatever you want as far as calling features. basically, $52/month + tax for unlimited calling anytime within the calling area (essentially all of GTA).

i don't want to give it up as it's a fantastic plan, but i really can't keep it. there's no strings attached, and i'm not asking for anything in return. that being said, i'm not doing the legwork on getting this account transferred. i'll provide fido with your contact info to get the account switched, but after that it's all you.

pm me if interested.
Just a heads up but I felt I should let you know. People are paying upwards of $500 to take over this plan. Someone posted theirs on here for someone to take over for freem I sent them a PM to inform them that they're missing out on an opportunity to get something in return for this great plan. They PM'd me back with "Thanks a lot man! I just traded my plan for a 40GB iRiver!!!"

I also posted mine on CraigsList a while back for $600...just to feel it out a bit. I got so many phonecalls offering me the $600. I ended up backing out cuz the plan is just too good to give up.

I'm tellin' you man...post it up on Craigslist for like $200 - $300 and it'll be gone within the hour.

PS - I didn't PM this to you cuz I'm too dumb to figure out how with the new layout.

Sorry, it wasn't a 40 GB iRiver:

Private Message: Re: You're CRAZY!
01-13-2006, 05:02 PM
unique2100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ya thanks alot bro I sold mine for a Creative Zen Touch 5 gig mp3 player and $150 cash the next day.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
City fido is discontinued. The only way you can keep the rate is if you locked in to a two year contract last April. In which case the plan will be good until April 2007. I have this plan... its pretty good... but as Vinder mentioned Roaming and what not when you leave the zone are pretty high

vinder

TRIBE Member
lucky1 said:
City fido is discontinued. The only way you can keep the rate is if you locked in to a two year contract last April. In which case the plan will be good until April 2007. I have this plan... its pretty good... but as Vinder mentioned Roaming and what not when you leave the zone are pretty high
i didn't lock in the plan. so what they did was charge me the 6.95 access fee on top of the $45, and let me go month to month. but they said i could let someone else take over the plan without having to lock in a contract.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
vinder said:
i didn't lock in the plan. so what they did was charge me the 6.95 access fee on top of the $45, and let me go month to month. but they said i could let someone else take over the plan without having to lock in a contract.

ok gotcha.. didn't know they offered that option.

I locked in... so still 45 bucks unlimited for another entire year... after that we'll see where I'm at (with voicemail and all that jazz its about 60 bucks per month.. so worth it.. much cheaper than when I was paying for two phones (bell and fido)

also Fido's network is working well again... when Rogers first took over it stunk.. echo calls, dropped calls etc. Now I only occasionally loose a calll (once a month or so)

Old Yeller

TRIBE Member
scott said:
I just renewed my plan through March 2008.
me too, i'm lucky enough to be on the CountryFido plan. $90 unlimited local calls, all incoming calls are local regardless of my location. and 850mins of LD within NA. And it works in the entire Rogers/Fido footprint :D Couldn't imagine giving it up!

octo

TRIBE Member
Old Yeller said:
me too, i'm lucky enough to be on the CountryFido plan. $90 unlimited local calls, all incoming calls are local regardless of my location. and 850mins of LD within NA. And it works in the entire Rogers/Fido footprint :D Couldn't imagine giving it up!
:eek: