1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

FF XIII... it's on like Donkey Kong!!!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by MOD ONE, Mar 8, 2010.

1. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

Well the madness starts tomorrow for both the PS3 and 360, should be some fun times for those that followed the FF franchise. Been reading the reviews some are saying that the game is pretty linear. If so you know the story will make up for the lack of exploration. I however can't wait to pick this game up tomorrow.

2. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

Not excited at all.

Bring on FFXIV!!!! MMORPG.

3. Dr. Grinch

Dr. Grinch TRIBE Member

Installed all 3 discs on my 360 last week, but haven't fired it up yet. Trying to squeeze the last dying drops out of the snowboard season, and started the marathon of BSG before the game leaked. So it'll have to wait until I'm done riding which will be soon :(, and done with Edward James Olmos.

4. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

Yeah the MMO is going to be sick, but having a kid coming it's going to be hard to do these online games, so I welcome the solo campaign games where I can pause and not worry.

5. SlipperyPete

SlipperyPete TRIBE Member

hrm... this was one of the reasons I bought my PS3, and I neglected to pre-order a copy :(

6. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

^^I'm pretty sure there will be copies available tomorrow.

7. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH Boy! I have been counting down the days forever for this game. I even have an extra pair of shorts and some tissue for when I start playing tomorrow.

8. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

What did people "get it on like" before Donkey Kong?

I've always wondered.

9. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

Ha Donkey Kong was the shit back in the day lol.

10. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

They got it on like Pong!

[​IMG]

11. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

And before that?

12. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

Which rhymes with Donkey Kong

13. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

Well just got my copy and to my surprise I'm glad I pre order the game because if I didn't I wouldn't have the chance to play it... it's all sold out MOFOs. I didn't think that would happen but from what the girl who works at EB games said there was a lot of people for the midnight release, and it was packed. I also saw someone ahead of me get denied a copy because he didn't pre order.... sucker lol!!! The pre order came with a mini guide (I think to try to up-sell on the full guide), and a poster which I put up in my office. I can't wait to get out of this office and get my game on!!!

14. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

I believe it, I called EB last night looking for Fifa used and it sounded like a freaking zoo in there

15. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

I went to Wal-Mart at 9:30 this morning and they had lots of copies. Fuck EB.

16. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

Well then there will be some lucky gamers coming out of wall-mart lol.

17. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

I'm thinking of faking a disease and taking some time off. Maybe ovarian cancer.

18. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

Just use a sick day and you don't have to make up the cancer thing... unless you used up all your sick days.

19. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

played about 2.5 hours, am concerned that I haven't leveled up or gained any experience yet. I'll play a few more times before making any judgment.

20. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

At least it is good to know that even in a far distant reality, Japanese girls still wear school girl outfits.

21. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

So it's just like every other FF game?

Slow to start then just takes off running probably.

:p

22. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

So far I see no leveling up, but the beginning of the game feels like a tutorial. I'm kind of glad they don't throw you right into but rather put you through the steps of the controls. Also a little spoiler report but not a big one, but the intro of all the characters seem to meet up later down the road, so I'm pretty sure once you all meet up the leveling up will start happening. I just got to the point of them meeting up and stopped there.

My first impressions is graphically it's an amazing looking game. The tutorial is implemented extremely well, so learning the controls is very easy. Like any RPG it's always a slow start because you have shit gear to being with, and so far of the tutorial of the game you don't level up. The voice acting is your typical JRPG stuff, so if you can't stomach that genera do not get this games lol. I however find it entertaining to see some hot girls in school girl skirts kicking ass lol.

23. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

Hold on baby, your hero is coming!

24. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

And I think the footstep sounds are too loud. But maybe that's just me.

25. SlipperyPete

SlipperyPete TRIBE Member

About an hour logged last night. So far, so good. I find navigation a little clunky at times, and the battles are a little too quick for my liking - I can barely see what's happening on the screen, it's all so fast.

Yes, the footsteps are too loud.

Also, I sort of miss the celebratory song from winning a battle in FFVII.