• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

fewbar 2000

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
does it come with an equalizer?
I'd like to be able to change the bass/treble, etc without going into my soundcard properties

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

deep

TRIBE Member
options -> playback -> dsp manager -> add equalizer to active dsp's

equalizer itself can be adjusted in there too

deep

TRIBE Member
I don't know if it can be docked to the interface ala winamp ... foobar2k audiophile bent means that people generally dislike the use of software equalizers...you might be able to pop it up quickly with a hotkey instead of going through the menus

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Cool
that new winamp takes almost 20 megs of ram.. had enough of that boolshit, so i figured i'd switch to foobar

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Dr. Grinch

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stir-fry
Cool
that new winamp takes almost 20 megs of ram.. had enough of that boolshit, so i figured i'd switch to foobar

13 Megs here... Running an old version perhaps?
RAM is cheap and there's no reason to be running less than 512MB nowadays..
I still don't find winamp to be a real resource whore by anymeans..

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dr. Grinch
13 Megs here... Running an old version perhaps?
RAM is cheap and there's no reason to be running less than 512MB nowadays..
I still don't find winamp to be a real resource whore by anymeans..

foobar takes up about a meg or two, depending on whether I'm playing or not. Responsive, simple, clean, no fucking around. :D

lucky1

TRIBE Member
I stopped using winamp because it wanted to rip every cd I tried to play and wouldn't stop. so annoying.

zoo

TRIBE Member
i'm using 'classic' winamp 2.9x and it's currently using a whopping 5 megs of system ram

msn messenger, nero, adobe acrobat, getright all use more than winamp

lucky1

TRIBE Member
who here is using media player 9? Thats what I'm using. It's okay, but I think it has too many built in features that I'll never use. And once I've dragged and dropped songs I can't seem to just delete them. I must be a knob or something. I end up having to close and reopen the program to clear the playlist.

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
global hotkeys > everything

ability to convert file to wav while still listening to tchunes in foobar = pretty great too

deep

TRIBE Member
There's a nifty plugin that lets you delete files from within fb2k, too...you can also assign a hotkey to the function. It comes in pretty handy when sorting through a lot of miscellaneous track downloads

I use the titlebar display plugin as well, so that the name of the file being played is displayed in the title of whatever window is maximized. This way I can just have fb2k minimized in the background

have you taken a look at the formatting strings for the display of filenames? It's pretty comprehensive , and should be second nature to you given your programming expertise

The forum is a pretty good storehouse of info

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=28/

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
another foobar question.

Can I have it organize all my music like winamp does?

I find that when I do that and then queue up a file, it overwrites files in my playlist and that really sucks