• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Fever

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
so what's with the shitty attendance at fever... good club, supports the breaks, yet often gets little support from the people. i know there's plenty o' crazy breakers in hamilton, so how 'bout showing some support to a good local club... (and as we all know, good local clubs are a rarity...)

last night we had breaks in the main room, 'cause of a special jungle/dnb event in the parlour(unless the parlour is the main room....?)

the night kicked off with Beatnik who played a marathon 45 min set (first guy didn't show, so Beatnik kindly lended his services), followed by myself 'till 1:20, then good ol' Willar closing things off.

plenty of good beats, wicked lighting, good energy from the small crowd...
but that's just it. it was a small crowd. there was a moderately acceptably sized group o' fine people nearing the end of my set, but then things dropped off for the start of Willars set, which, i might add, started off incredibly, and was sure to be a doozy[spelling?... duzy, doozey, duzey...?]. they ended up shutting down the breaks room early, prolly due to the lack of people.

the jungle room was packed mind you, and the boys in there were handling things quite beautifully.

show your support next friday. breaks, acid techno, and dnb are on the menu, shall be gut.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
Hamilton is too hard to promote it... I tried doing all breaks and Jungle at AFB.. but its just not taking off...

so I pulled out... I dont have the time..

case sensitive

TRIBE Member
The last event I went to at Fever was the one with Josh da Funky One. I also saw Hyper and lots of other great talent there. I never hear about Fever being used for breaks or I would attempt to make it out. Hell I already make my way out to London and Toronto for events. Why not Hamilton?

matt

~SweetBeatz~

TRIBE Member
Yeah, i went to Fever with Willar last night, and they shut the room down early because it was soooo dead....this was the first time i went to Fever, and prolly the last :p

Oh well....

Jenn

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Don't say never....Old-School Acid House jam on november 21st should put fire under everyone's butt! I'm there and I never go out

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

~SweetBeatz~

TRIBE Member
ok...i won't say never :), but it would have to be a pretty big party, or a bunch of friends along for the ride.....Hamilton is a long way from Toronto, especially if you're back in the car, heading home an hour after getting there

Jenn

funkNstyle

TRIBE Member
They dont promote. Thats the bottom line.One flyer every 3 months just doesnt cut it. Nobody ever knows SHIT is going on there. Even the Hamilton locals dont have a clue. Todd does the breaks but the night is mainly DnB heads and Guides/Josh are happy having just their friends out to party.

Fever was in it's prime a little over a year to two years ago.
I had the chance to play there quite a few times, as did many breaks and house deejays. It was ALWAYS rammed and packed with everyone you knew. It was "the place" on fridays. Even the toronto crowds would make a weekly trip.

But along with everything good, it must come to end. Teams of promoters split, new promoters came in, old promoters lingered and club owners became difficult. Too much drama to get into but the club had it's time in the limelight. Glad I was there and it was fun while it lasted.

Jonny

Jen, ha! I do that everytime I come to Toronto! Stop your complaining!! Lazy ass Toronto brods... pffft

Angus Robinson

TRIBE Member
I think they just need a little more promotion. I haven't seen a fever flyer in ages. Granted, I live in toronto, but still... they could be making more of an effort to spread the flyers around. If they were to get the word out a little better, I'm sure they could make it work! Have faith!

They have a few special guests lined up, I hear. Things are looking up!

~SweetBeatz~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by funkNstyle

Jen, ha! I do that everytime I come to Toronto! Stop your complaining!! Lazy ass Toronto brods... pffft

You're saying that when you come to Toronto you're playing for an empty club?..As for travelling here, what are u gonna do, only play in Hamilton? As a dj one would think you'd want to play in other cities...I think you're the one who's complaining :p ...plus, the only reason you might stay for an hour then leave is because you don't wanna hang out after your sets. It's your choice to run out the door... Where are your social skills boy? :p

Jenn

Big League Chu

TRIBE Member
Remember like 5-6 yrs ago when it was amazing?
The original out of hand crew was running things then there was the big raid on the place. Everybody said nothing but good things about the club back in those days. You use to hear "remember how good Fever used to be?".

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Big League Chu
The original out of hand crew was running things then there was the big raid on the place. Everybody said nothing but good things about the club back in those days. You use to hear "remember how good Fever used to be?".

3 words...

Tech House Stompers!

*c*

allsides

TRIBE Member
Wow, I had no idea you all cared so much. I know promo has been lacking but it is not worth it to do things in the summer at Fever. There is promo coming but the breaks community is not as strong as it was, so it's hard to get things going again, especially in Hamilton? I think I heard something about Simply Jeff VS ? on Friday Dec. 12 so stay tuned.

Hey Chu and Chuck the heavenly6ers are going to take it all!

funkNstyle

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~SweetBeatz~
the only reason you might stay for an hour then leave is because you don't wanna hang out after your sets. It's your choice to run out the door...

Jenn

I only leave early when your there.

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
well, i think it's a great venue, and it'll be what you make of it. it's far too easy to chalk it up as yet another club that's past its prime and ready for retirement.

problem is that people just don't show up unless they see the big names in the lineup. 9 times out of 10, when you go to see some big-name dood, you end up getting blown away by some guy you've never heard of, often nearly forgetting who you're actually there to see. you gotsta support the locals or the whole scene will vanish. (which i guess it's dangerously near doing in hamilton)

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
much needs to be improved upon, and some sketchies have gotta be cleaned outta there.. and they really have to fix some of that equipment; the pitch slider on deck 2 in the main room has apparently forgotten that it's not supposed to jump straight from -2 to 0... makes for lots o' finger-draggin' goodness!

I've actually seen quite a few guys fighting with the equipment in there over the years... an old mixer in the parlour comes to mind...

anyhoo, give fever a chance people!
(or perhaps a second chance for some..)

funkNstyle

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~SweetBeatz~
Ya know...you shouldn't let someone have that much of an effect over you

Don't flatter yourself. It's hard not to feel effected when your being followed around.

Quit while your ahead or no Amersterdam for you.

joey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Big League Chu

My best night ever at Fever was about three weeks or so before the raid, with Dj Dan. That was a sick night.

LiLy

TRIBE Member
hmm

it was fun spinning for those 45 mins...lol
was fun talking to ya there doc..good set too!..fever is a good spot, but as it has been said before....no promotion...

ah well ...........least im playing on halloween......should be fun playing to the regular ghosts and lost jungalists...lol

adam

~SweetBeatz~

TRIBE Member
Don't flatter yourself. It's hard not to feel effected when your being followed around.

Quit while your ahead or no Amersterdam for you.

Now Jonny, lying to make youself feel better? No one likes a lier :p

Since i'm ahead...does that mean i win?

funkNstyle

TRIBE Member
Actually, it meant quit while your still one step ahead of me humiliating your ass on Tribe. :rolleyes:

You cant compete little girl, back down.

No Amsterdam for you. You should have listened! :mad:

~SweetBeatz~

TRIBE Member
Actually, it meant quit while your still one step ahead of me humiliating your ass on Tribe. :rolleyes:

You cant compete little girl, back down.

No Amsterdam for you. You should have listened! :mad:

if you really want to "humiliate" me on tribe...go ahead ( As long as it makes YOU feel good )

and if you're seriously mad, then..... :p