• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Fencing....anyone..?

Agatka8

TRIBE Member
Does anyone practice fencing...?
This discipline has always intrigued me.
I especially like the sexy outfits :p

I'd love to try it out this sport... but I'm not sure where to start....

Preroller

TRIBE Member
hmm, try a google search on fencing clubs in TO...I watched a program all about it last week. They will hook you up with all the equipment to start off, and see if you will like it. After that you have to buy the gear. I think it would be cool too! On Guard!

DAVE

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

gollum

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Agatka8

I love fencing except for one thing, the stupid tradition in Olympic style of fencing that you need to fence in a straight line.

I love fencing in the round, but most purveyors of the sport do not follow this stream of thought.

I love the costumes as well.

Ryerson has a really good fencing program, kind of pricey though $120 for non-members for 4 months. It's taught by a former gold medal winner, or used to be.

In Vancouver there is an amazing private program, but it'll run you 120$ every 3 months.

Ryerson fencing

cheers

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Re: Re: Fencing....anyone..?

i know two people that are into it.. one of them is in the varsity team @ u of t.
he sucks compared to the rest of the team but he made it.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

bambam

TRIBE Member
Fencing is great! I havent been to training since new years. Im pretty sure theres a fencing club at U of T, you can go to the athletic centre or Hart House and ask...

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
I took fencing for one semester years ago in college... trust me, the outfits made you feel anything BUT sexy. I especially loved those bowl-like things women had to wear around their boobs.

However, it was definitely quite fun, and I wouldn't mind picking it up again...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Agatka8

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Fencing....anyone..?

Originally posted by Silvershadow

However, it was definitely quite fun, and I wouldn't mind picking it up again...
^^^Apparently it does wonders for posture and the rear end...hehe..

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member

first you need to find someone who has stolen something pretty valuable. then, you have to find people that are willing to pay good money for that thing. these should be people you can trust to not go to the pigs.

i wouldn't call it a "sport", but you can certainly get a good workout beating the shit out of someone.

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
Does Ryerson offer rentals of uniforms?

I love this sport too, and would rather spend the money on a good sword than a good uniform, at first.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

derek

TRIBE Member
i pratice kendo, and i've taken some fencing lessons as well. try it out, it's fun.

cheers,

derek