• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

FEAR the Walking Dead

coleridge

TRIBE Member
I liked it too. I thought the acting was pretty good with the junkie guy being especially strong.

It's only a 6 show run I think so it looks like things will ramp up pretty quickly.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
They did some neat little things that work only because of the Walking Dead and what we come to expect from that show. It was a pretty slow burn, however it still gave some scenes of tension.

I agree the acting was really with the son.

DJ Vuvu Zela

TRIBE Member
junkie kid was annoying as fuck IMO.
first episode was pretty meh.

unless they're going to shed new light on the cause of the outbreak i would've preferred for them to just jump in to the zombie action.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
I think if people are expecting it to be like Walking Dead they'll be disappointed, the same way people expecting True Detectives Season two to be like season one. From what I understand Fear of Walking Dead will focus more on drama and emotions than zombie action.

coleridge

TRIBE Member
unless they're going to shed new light on the cause of the outbreak i would've preferred for them to just jump in to the zombie action.
They're not according to all reviews.

Rather it's an examination of the slow (or relatively fast) collapse of all society.

lobo

TRIBE Member
junkie kid was annoying as fuck IMO.
first episode was pretty meh.

Kirkman has already stated that we will never truly know how the outbreak gets started or why.

Lobo

acheron

TRIBE Member
Fear has already been green lit for a further 15 episodes in 2016.

Liking the premise. First episode was good! I can never get enough Kim Dickens. Nice to see the former leader of the Grounders in The 100 Alycia Carey getting more work.

There's potential to see lots of zombie action as the city is fully populated... Plenty of chaos about to erupt.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
Kirkman has already stated that we will never truly know how the outbreak gets started or why.

Lobo
On that note. He also has stated the worse mistake he made, was the secret shared with Rick at the end of the 1st season. And later shared with the others.

It's weird because at comic con they stated patient zero would be shown.
However Gloria is clearly not patient zero. As the outbreak has been happening in other states and probably around the world.Although, she is suppose to be patient zero in LA.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

acheron

TRIBE Member
I don't think there was a 'patient zero' anywhere - this is something that most of the human race has in it - something has altered everyone's DNA so that when they die, they come back as a zombie.

squidly

TRIBE Member
I really liked it aside from a couple of problematic items.

the step father/ mom's mandem heading in to a shooting gallery just to check it out being the first and of course returning with the mother.

I really liked the background noise of emergency vehicles slowly building to a near constant presence by the end of the episode and the gradual disappearance of crowds at the school and in public spaces I found to be really well done. I was depressed when i checked twitter and the majority of comments were about the lack of in your face gore. We’ll get there but the banality of everyday life before the storm is so unsettling to me. Like the first 20 minutes of the dawn of the dead remake

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
i liked the first episode of FEAR. it didn't blow me away, but i will continue watching.

Nice to see the former leader of the Grounders in The 100 Alycia Carey getting more work.
i did not recognize her at all. she seems so much younger in this show.

Rage

TRIBE Member
Didn't mind it. I'll give it a 6/10 based on the 1st episode. You can see that is has tons of potential. I'll keep watching.

I think the acting is atrocious though.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
I liked it too. I thought the acting was pretty good with the junkie guy being especially strong.

It's only a 6 show run I think so it looks like things will ramp up pretty quickly.
junkie kids sucked
he looks like he just got off a photo shoot not a bender

it was alright but nothing special

Rage

TRIBE Member
Liking this more & more, although I still think there's zero chemistry between to two main leads.

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
this second episode was just fantastic.

Liking it more than the past few seasons of Walking Dead...

a sublime slow burn....

DJ Vuvu Zela

TRIBE Member
2nd episode was better.

still has the same old signature retarded 'walking dead' poor character writing, i.e the man-child with fake acne goes back to the high school confiscation room to recover his shitty 3" kitchen peeling knife. like he's so hard up for weapons he couldn't find a knife that was a zillion times better than that piece of shit? fuuuuck.

they're really foreshadowing a plane crash with all the shots of flying airliners in the sky.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I think we should port Fear to a new thread. Everything doesn't have to be in one thread!

lobo

TRIBE Member
they're really foreshadowing a plane crash with all the shots of flying airliners in the sky.
I think they mentioned that they will have the equivalent of webisodes where an outbreak takes place on a plane and we get to see how things turn out from within the plane at the same time as events are taking place on the ground. There will also be a character from the plane that will become a regular for season 2.

Lobo

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
2nd episode was better.

still has the same old signature retarded 'walking dead' poor character writing, i.e the man-child with fake acne goes back to the high school confiscation room to recover his shitty 3" kitchen peeling knife. like he's so hard up for weapons he couldn't find a knife that was a zillion times better than that piece of shit? fuuuuck.

I think he was back there for the food supplies.

Rage

TRIBE Member
Two episodes in and they take a break. What a joke.
I know, was pissed when I checked my PVR to find out it was a repeat, ALREADY!

In their defense, it's only a 6 episode run so they gotta stretch it out to not leave a gap for TWD season premier, I assume.

silver1

TRIBE Member
It was Labour day weekend. Many shows take the Sunday off on a long weekend because viewership will undoubtedly be lower

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories