• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

FC Kahuna Essential Mix

seeker

TRIBE Member
I'm listening to this right now in RA live on BBC Radio 1. i hadn't really heard of them before tonight, but i think many people here will enjoy this set. it began with some extremely tweaked out electro stuff -- brain-bending stuff. it's moved towards a deeper tech-house sound now, a la josh wink (superfreak is in the mix).

there's about a 1/2 hour left in the mix. this is definitely a mix that i can see myself grooving around to all summer long. :)

BTW, no tracklistings yet, as you can imagine, but they should be up on www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/dance/essential_mix.shtml before too long.

your essential mix fanatic,
seeker

:p

Stop Bill C-10

seeker

TRIBE Member
tracklisting

Felix Da Housecat - 'What Does it feel like?' (City Rockers)
Mr Ozio - 'Flat Beat' (F Comm)
Ural 13 Diktators - 'Disko Kings' (Laser Gun)
Miura - 'Metro Area' (Environ)
Daniel Wang - 'Warped' (Bauhu)
East Coast Art Solution - 'Unknown' (Atak)
Green Velvet - 'Dank' (Music Man)
LB - 'Superbad' (Output)
Animated - 'Grab The Rope' (Deviant)
FC Kahuna - 'Nothing is Wrong' (City Rockers)
Pet Shop Boys - 'I Don't Know What You Want But I Can't Give It To You Anymore' (Parlephone)
FC Kahuna - 'Microcuts' (City Rockers)
FC Kahuna - 'Bleep Freak' (City Rockers)
AFX - 'Unknown' (Men 1)
Chicken Lips - 'Many Members' (Kingsize)
1st Bass - 'Trails of the Unexpected' (Novabass)
Daft Punk - 'Burnin' (Virgin)
Joe Montana - 'Car Wash' (Stickman)

seeker

TRIBE Member
i looked yesterday, but didn't find it. i got it off another site, www.essential.i989.net. this site has the mixes up every week, almost immediately. they're only in 128 kbps, though, and i'd prefer 192 if i could get it.

anyway, i'll upload the 128 version to the tribe ftp tonight.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

seeker

TRIBE Member
BINGO!!!

i just found a 192 kbps version. i'm downloading it now. when it's finished, i'll up it to the tribe ftp.

seeker

TRIBE Member
i'm digging it. i've got to put it on tape so i can listen to it more. ;)
i think it's got broader appeal than what most people would think of as 'techno' (ie banging 4/4 madness), but doesn't lose any of what makes it quintessentially techno.

attention: if you haven't listened to this yet, you're missing out! :)