• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Favorite Holiday Drink?

G3N3R4L

TRIBE Member
This one looks like a winner.

Captain Radcliffes Punch Recipe | SAVEUR

This smooth-drinking white wine– and cognac-based punch is inspired by one described in a poem by the 17th-century English army captain and courtier Alexander Radcliffe. As with many punches, this one tastes the best when chilled by a single large block of ice instead of fast-melting cubes, which water down the punch too quickly.

4 lemons
1⁄2 cup sugar
1 1⁄2 cups sweet white wine,
preferably sauternes
1 750-ml bottle of brandy,
preferably VSOP cognac
6 cups chilled water
Freshly grated nutmeg

1. Using a peeler, peel lemons, taking off as little white pith as possible. Transfer peels to a heavy bowl; reserve lemons. Add sugar; use a muddler or a wooden spoon to vigorously crush sugar and peels together until the sugar turns faintly yellow and slushy.

2. Juice the reserved lemons and add the juice to the bowl along with the peels. Stir until the sugar has dissolved completely. Set a fine-mesh sieve over a punch bowl; strain the lemon and sugar mixture into the punch bowl; discard solids. Stir in the wine and the brandy. Chill. To serve, stir in water and place a large block of ice in the bowl. Garnish with nutmeg.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

rudebwoy

TRIBE Member
I am looking for some suggestions here. I get pretty sick of the standard rum and eggnog after the first few sips.

What are your favorite holiday drinks / recipes?

One that I was suggested that I want to give a go is Mulled Wine.

Mulled wine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seems like it could be tasty.
take that mulled wine, add calvados, spiced rum, ginger beer and apples/pears/cranberries and you have "winter sangria".

c.

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
Love me some mulled wine!

I made a cocktail with PC's chocolate egg nog. Call it the Chocolate Egg Nog Mudlisde. It's going to be a holliday favorite.

1 oz Ron Dorado
1.5 Oz Kahlua
2 oz Chocolate egg nog
1 Tbsp Vanilla Ice cream.

Shake over ice, and serve in a martini glass. Finish with fresh ground nutgmeg

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
Love me some mulled wine!

I made a cocktail with PC's chocolate egg nog. Call it the Chocolate Egg Nog Mudlisde. It's going to be a holliday favorite.

1 oz Ron Dorado
1.5 Oz Kahlua
2 oz Chocolate egg nog
1 Tbsp Vanilla Ice cream.

Shake over ice, and serve in a martini glass. Finish with fresh ground nutgmeg
sounds awesome.

IgStar

TRIBE Member
after the last few days and few I have left (boo to working next Mon AND Tues) anything with an alcohol content will suffice.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
last night, i shook up some frostbites.

1 oz Tequila
3/4 oz Creme de Cacao
3/4 oz Cream

Shake with ice, strained into a cocktail glass.

Topped with freshly shaved sea-salt dark chocolate

lucky1

TRIBE Member
hotchocolate with creme de menthe and a candy cane stir stick!

or Baileys and coffee (pretty much anything with bailey's would work)

g0nz0

TRIBE Member
http://thugkitchen.com/post/70605967747/yeah-its-cold-as-fuck-outside-but-thats-no

Yeah it’s cold as fuck outside but that’s no reason to fight over the thermostat. Instead, head to the kitchen and regulate your body temperature with this toasty toddy. GRAB A BIG ASS BLANKET AND POUR YOURSELF A GODDAMN HUG IN A MUG.

GRAPEFRUIT HOT TODDY

2 cups of water

2 bags of black tea

½ cup fresh grapefruit juice (about 1 grapefruit)

2 shots of bourbon

1 tablespoon maple syrup (whatever liquid sweetener you got
will do)

2 cinnamon sticks (totally fucking optional)

Bring the water to a boil on the stove with a kettle or whateverthefuck else you use. In a large measuring glass or heat-safe pitcher add the grapefruit juice, bourbon, maple syrup, and cinnamon sticks. When the water is boiling, pour it into the pitcher, add the tea bags, and cover that motherfucker to keep it warm while the flavors mix. Let the tea steep for 3 minutes. Take out the tea bags and cinnamon sticks and serve that shit immediately.

Makes 2 drinks or one big ass cup of comfort

Last edited:

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
my gf sent me that one today....looks amazing.

Tonight i'm doing a Spiced Pear Collins

INGREDIENTS
1½ oz. gin
1½ oz. pear puree
¾ oz. rosemary- and clove-infused simple syrup
¾ oz. lemon juice
Dry sparkling wine or soda water, to top
1 spring rosemary, to garnish

FOR THE PEAR PUREE
2 pears, such Bosch or Bartlett, peeled and pitted
1½ oz. lemon juice
1½ tsp. fresh rosemary

FOR THE ROSEMARY AND CLOVE SIMPLE SYRUP
½ cup sugar
½ cup water
1 oz. whole cloves
3 sprigs rosemary

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Make the simple syrup: Combine the sugar, water, cloves, and rosemary in a saucepan over low heat. When it reaches a boil, remove from heat and let sit for 30 minutes. Strain into a jar and store in the refrigerator until use. Will yield enough syrup for approximately 5 cocktails.

2. Make the puree: Slice the pears and combine with lemon juice and rosemary in a blender. Blend until smooth; gently strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve and discard any solids. You will have roughly 1 cup of puree, which makes about 5 cocktails. If not using right away, the puree can be frozen in an ice cube tray and then stored in an airtight contained in the freezer to be used for individual cocktails in the future.

3. Combine the puree, syrup, lemon juice, and gin in a cocktail shaker over ice. Shake vigorously until chilled. Pour into a High Ball or Rocks glass and top with a small splash of sparkling wine or soda water. Garnish with rosemary to serve.

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
I am looking for some suggestions here. I get pretty sick of the standard rum and eggnog after the first few sips.
Whoever came up with the idea of rum and eggnog could have used a short bullet to the head.

Eggnog. Think of it. Is there a reason we only drink it one time a year? Could it be because it's disgusting?

July 3rd, blazing sun on the beach,

anyone> "Hi, could I get an eggnog and gin please?"

I mean without checking the internet, what is eggnog? Eggs and cream? That's gross. Who would drink that on purpose?

No of course the standard holiday drink is the same standard drink all the time. Beer. Now during the holidays you may get experimental with beer, you know, you might splurge and put at least one foot into that Belgian black hole whilst pulling out something unpronouncable. That's ok, in fact, it's encouraged.

Someone mentioned mulled wine. In German this is called Gluewein. It's basically wine with spices like cinnamon and cloves added, then heated. Again there's a reason we don't drink this all year, because it tastes gross. One time I was in Germany and someone gave me six or seven bottles of Gluewein and I took it because I'm an alcoholic. And I carried that shit in my backpack for weeks before finally ditching the last couple bottles on a "beach" near Hamburg.

Rather, quite regular wine is much more enjoyable and readily available all year. We're blessed in this area to have a wide selection and, although it doesn't get much mention internationally, aside from ice wines, Canadian wines can hold their own against foreign steadfasts, whether it be Okanagan valley or Niagara (aka Grimsby... grrrr I hate Grimsby). One should be careful however, as wine works in mysterious ways.

Which brings us of course to hard liquor. A circular discussion I suppose, as eggnog is only served with the hard liquor of the sugar cane (at best). But the standard fare applies well here: gin, maybe vodka; that's all I like at the best of times. This whole genre of booze is straight up dangerous.

-jM
A&D

praktik

TRIBE Member
I'm a rum n egg nog, coffee + baileys kind of guy

and i have an addiction to the bailey's biscotti flavour...

Psyrel

TRIBE Member
Simmered up a delicious batch of hot toddies yesterday & shared with friends... it was very well received (esp cause 1 had a sore throat).

Will whip up some ponche de creme this weekend. Similar to eggnog but much more potent.

Warm rum chata is quite sweet but still very soothing (grate some nutmeg on top for added fun).