• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

favorite freestyles

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
OK...we did the battle rhymin' thing in here and it was fun but who do you call a freestyle pro?...what sessions do you LOVE!?

Mr-lif,akbar,akrobatik,insight-freestyle from "live from the middle east"

EL-P and J-treds from '94 on the farewell fondle em' compilation courtesy of mr Bobbito(and browse through his sneaker book, really good!)

Gift of gab and Lyrics born on the best of solisides compliation...clocks in at over 6 minutes straight!

Y@k ballz and jean Grae on Bobbito's show in 01' I beleive...Jean Grae has the gift;)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OhNo!
early tapes from Supernatural and C Ray Walz are my pick.
OH YEAH!..seeing supernat. live was something else...it's nice to see someone incorporate shit into their live session...3 words is always fun:D

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
freestyles aren't the same when you're not there at the exact moment.......

just like listening to a live techno-house-DnB-etc set after the fact isn't the same...

IMO

Destro

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
I hear ya...but on shit like the bobbito show you hear everyone in the background laughing or whatever...makes you feel a bit more comfortable:)

Last edited:

zoo

TRIBE Member
sage francis + apathy do an 8 minute nonstop back&forth track on sage's "still sick ... urine trouble"

after 8 mins of the same 8-bar loop:

"without no delay / what's up the tone he hasn't changed it in forever, i thought he was a dj"

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Hal-9000

TRIBE Member
Lord Finesse laid down some of the best freestyles I've heard in the mid-90's.

Anyone ever heard Skillz (formerly Mad Skillz) freestyle? I heard a clip from Kay Slay's show from last year where he absolutely rips the 'In Da Club' beat.

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hal-9000
Lord Finesse laid down some of the best freestyles I've heard in the mid-90's.

Anyone ever heard Skillz (formerly Mad Skillz) freestyle? I heard a clip from Kay Slay's show from last year where he absolutely rips the 'In Da Club' beat.
^^I was gonna say early 90s Lord Finesse freestyles, but I couldn't remember who's tape it was on (ron g, doowop, clue, premier, one of those 'tape kingz' from the early 90s)

Destro

HMHA

TRIBE Member
- aesop rock and mr. lif had some serious freestyles live
- saw mad skills tear it up live - ghostwriter extraordinaire?
- can't forget about eminem
- odb - for being so ridiculous
- bishop - gotta give toronto's finest freestyler some attention
- biggie is the man

bboyrds

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by HMHA
- can't forget about eminem

I fucking hate em, and his music. But he is seriously one of the sickest freestylers of all time. There aren't many MCs who can put together the content, flow, and references that em can.

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
ok some of my favourite 'freestylers'

lord finesse
supernatual
big L
aesop rock and mr lif (man that was <half> amazing ;))
KRS One (legendary)
eminem (freestyles, not his overproduced pop/rap trax)

destro

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by terrawrist III
lost an ounce of respect for the one they call DIRTY...can't help you out on that claim
an ounce of respect isnt all I would lose if someone let me loose around his sexy ass;):p

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by terrawrist III
lost an ounce of respect for the one they call DIRTY...can't help you out on that claim
sorry but i gotta stick up for dirty on this one bro,why does it matter if she finds him sexy or wants to fuck him? would you fuck xtina? brit? or someother brainless skank? be fair.