• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

fav producers for 2006

grit

TRIBE Member
ha. josh your jokes make me laugh only cause they show what an absolute low class moron you are.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

oeretS

TRIBE Member
tim patrick said:
Gui Boratto

threads like this can be seen as useless and dumb, but i like hearing about names like Gui Boratto, who I've never heard of before, and checking it out.

and shit he's good, thanks tim :)

AshG

^yup!

love their bootlegs(as speakerpunks as much as the original stuff).
they're gonna blow up(as speaker junk) this coming year.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

oeretS

TRIBE Member
don't know anything about him/her/them, but the 3 productions by Barbq i heard this year were amazing. deep trancey house.

oeretS

TRIBE Member
AshG said:
oh shit, almost forgot: Speaker Junk.

the switch/solid groove sound is all over this, doesn't take too much investigation to discover the source:)

that said, why can't anyone else on this planet make ass shaking tech-funk like this?

oeretS

TRIBE Member
another recent fav of min is John Spring, his recent Superman Days LP on Sub Static is pretty sick

poker face

TRIBE Member
rulz said:
speaker junk is Trevor Loveys & Herve

Not a huge fan of speaker junk but it is still good. Trevor Loveys has had a few killer jams this year. Jesse Rose also made a huge come back. Music changes so quick that it is difficult to say what was my favorite this year.

Sylent Syd

TRIBE Member
oeretS said:
the switch/solid groove sound is all over this, doesn't take too much investigation to discover the source:)

that said, why can't anyone else on this planet make ass shaking tech-funk like this?
whaddya think of Lee Mortimer, Rich? He comes kinda close for me, at least from what I've heard.

On a different note altogether, I've liked some of the tracks Phil Weeks has put out this year.

oeretS

TRIBE Member
Sylent Syd said:
whaddya think of Lee Mortimer, Rich? He comes kinda close for me, at least from what I've heard

i like Lee Mortimer's stuff a lot, clearly the guy is really talented but his recent stuff i found was a little too spastic (for lack of a better word)

phil weeks put out some great rumbley tracks this year too, nothing stand-out but they all sound great on the bigger systems

marc romboy had a good year too with that great LP