• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Fatboy Slim performs at a house party

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
[YOUTUBE]jfuOixQHMs0[/YOUTUBE]

I recently met a triber who said he stopped djing once his kids were old enough to go to clubs.

I'm actually surprised anyone cares for Fatboy Slim anymore, mind blowing tracks yet mediocre snoretastic dj sets.

Watching this video actually made me feel sad. Probably because I can't stand touristy Brits and I find they ruin most awesome vacations spots with their absurdity and wild drunkenness [Thailand].

I remember I was out in DXB and we were stupidly lining up to check out some warehouse party [2014] and someone kept saying, "omg the dj is from the UK!" which is apparently a sell over there? Who was super shit mind you - he kept cutting tracks too short and it was horrible.

So yeah, if Fatboy Slim can still pull a crowd - there's no reason why no one should ever stop djing "due to old age".

[/rant over]

Stop Bill C-10

wickedken

TRIBE Member
I really love travelling but one of the things i know I have to leave behind is a good music experience... unless I go to a specific place specifically for that sort of experience (i.e. tremor, whatever festival etc.). The WORST places to "chill to good music" that I've been to is any sort of place with an international flair, like Thailand, tropical resorts etc. It's just a place to hang out for other reasons.

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
Saw him at Glastonbury, wasn't anything great, and thought i was going to be crushed to death because everyone else had the same idea to check him out.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
fuck off.
Fatboy Slim spinning at your place would be wicked, unless you're a wanker thinking you're too cool.
Said song being played in that 3 minute video is not what a FBS party is about.
Yeah, he cues up stuff from a USB stick, but frankly, i could fucking care less.
International DJ spins a party at your house.
Awesome.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
I really love travelling but one of the things i know I have to leave behind is a good music experience... unless I go to a specific place specifically for that sort of experience (i.e. tremor, whatever festival etc.). The WORST places to "chill to good music" that I've been to is any sort of place with an international flair, like Thailand, tropical resorts etc. It's just a place to hang out for other reasons.

I agree with you! Unless I'm specifically travelling for a music festival - I can just forget about it. I sometimes hit a club here and there, but yeah.

Nothing beats an experience like at Eclipse festival - nature/camping/music.

That being said, Toronto is pretty underground than we realize. Tonight, I'm going to an event in an art gallery. Let's see how that pans out, BUT I am specifically going for a dark techno set.

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
Saw him at Glastonbury, wasn't anything great, and thought i was going to be crushed to death because everyone else had the same idea to check him out.

LOL. Omg - I almost felt like that Chemical Brothers at NCMF in Chicago.

Pretty cool you got to experience that though!

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
LOL. Omg - I almost felt like that Chemical Brothers at NCMF in Chicago.

Pretty cool you got to experience that though!

Saw chemical brothers there too. That was all round amazing.

I think FS wanted to perform on a smaller stage so he could do something more experimental (the latter being a pretty reasonable thing to want to try). Problem is that everyone is still going to come see him. That led to a combination of massive crush, and questionable music.