1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Fat Mike's "Cokie the Clown"

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Mrs. Pink, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Mrs. Pink

Mrs. Pink TRIBE Member

2. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

Dudes got some serious issues, yikes!

3. JCrack

JCrack TRIBE Member

Sounds like a fun guy to party with...

4. case sensitive

case sensitive TRIBE Member

Well, they say nothing in life is free :)

5. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

Fat Mike! El Hefe! Smelly! I love nofx. (i heard they suck live)

6. stir-fry

stir-fry TRIBE Member

that's fucked up

7. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator TRIBE Member

Did you guys ever watch that TV series that followed them live on tour? It was insane! One of my childhood friends could be seen bodysurfin' at their Korea show.

8. Mrs. Pink

Mrs. Pink TRIBE Member

My band did warped tour in 2000 and they were one of the headliners. I got to see em quite a bit, talked to Fat Mike a few times.....you just know the dude is nuts....but THIS nuts....hmph. I'm gonna track down a scanner and post some crazy pics....

9. kaniz

kaniz TRIBE Member

I saw them at a Warped Tour (was it 2000?) --- my sister nearly got trampled on when they started. We were pretty far back to - by the sound booth. The entire place went mental.

My sister thought it was a good idea to wear a long skirt, once everyone started jumping she started to get dragged down by people landing on her skirt - I had to drag her out of the pit.

I think I also vomited (just from heat/exhaustion, didn't drink then), and gave someone a bloody nose.

10. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

circle pits are a much better idea. its like running track, only for moronic punks.

11. danielablau

danielablau TRIBE Promoter

In the article they reference Damian Abraham from the band Fucked Up.....anyone remember him from the show Mods N Rockers on 89.5 years ago? Brings back fond memories

12. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

I remember him! that was among my favourite radio shows. didn't know he was in that band though. didn't recognize his name...

Some of my favourite punk, hardcore etc came out of that radio show. plus, who else in toronto played 'the decline' on air from beginning to end??

13. mushroom

mushroom TRIBE Member

after reading the comments people wrote about the article it seems like the pee thing was just a slight of hand trick.

it is messed up but it also seems like the writer left out some stuff. could just be role playing a little too far.

14. Dr. Grinch

Dr. Grinch TRIBE Member

It's funny that the "cutting edge" SXSW would ban a performer
    Maybe if he had grown and ironic moustache and played a set of Pavement covers it would have been okay.
    I think it's pretty awesome of Fat Mike to bare his soul like that. He's a troubled dude, but also immensely talented.

15. danielablau

danielablau TRIBE Promoter

I'm like 99% sure it's the same guy who'd banter with JC.

Its so weird, I had never heard of Fucked Up until yesterday, then I see them referneced in that article with Damian. Then last night i'm watching a documentary (only thing I can really call it) on VBS.TV and at the end it says music was done by Fucked Up. So weird........I feel like it's a sign for something........like I'm supposed to do something......

16. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

start a band called "The Ass" and play directly after them? hahaha :D

17. nuttz

nuttz TRIBE Member

Backstage passport? That was fucked up. Fat Mike snorting those green pills.

18. Bacchus

Bacchus TRIBE Promoter

wow. looks like a crazy emotional show.

:eek: