• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Fast & Furious 6 - discussion with spoilers

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
that was one hell of a fun movie. utterly ridiculous, with little regard for the laws of gravity/physics/reality, this is about as much fun as you can have watching a really really dumb movie.

unlike other dumb action movies (G.I. JOE - RETALIATION, the last two TRANSFORMERS movies), this one is incredibly entertaining. what the characters lack in depth they make up for in charm. and the action scenes are outstandingly choreographed and shot.

best girl-on-girl fight scene.

best tank versus cars scene.

best airplane versus cars scene.

best head-butt ever.

*possibly* the best after-credit teaser ever, or at least right up there with nick fury showing up after IRON MAN or thanos showing up after THE AVENGERS. the audience went absolutely nuts when jason statham - possibly the most bad-ass ass-kicking driver in movies - shows up after the credits to kill han and warn toretto that he's next.

p.s. the girl that plays giselle, gal gadot, is insanely hot. she had a nice sacrifice/death scene, but i am sad that she and han will no longer be in the crew.

J e l o

TRIBE Member
Here with KMW. True story.

Check your brain at the door and be in awe at some insane SPFX, fight choreography, drive choreography and some laugh out loud moments.
We weren't the only ones. The whole theatre was moving. The vibe was thick like a Syrous rave of old. Laughing at the cheeseball 1 liners, smirking at the cool cars and wincing at some of the punch/kick deliveries. Many 'oooh' and 'ahhh' moments.
Nothing in the film is realistic and if you are going in wanting that...don't. This is The Avengers - Hood stylee. Aren't all airplane runways a 10 minute taxi ? Sure guy!
This kind of film is a guilty pleasure. All FF films have been for me.
The rock is massive and busting out of his under armour shirts. Someone get this guy in a superhero flick pronto.
The easter egg at the films end could teach Marvel a thing or three. AMAZING ! Do not leave at the roll of the credits.
Easily the best of The FF franchise. I felt jacked at the end of the film.
10/10 for me, no popcorn required.

praktik

TRIBE Member
haha i have heard good things about this!

I am totally into watching "good bad" movies, if you catch my drift - I haven't seen the 5th one but heard that was one of better entries

maybe they're finding their stride now!

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
haha i have heard good things about this!

I am totally into watching "good bad" movies, if you catch my drift - I haven't seen the 5th one but heard that was one of better entries

maybe they're finding their stride now!
the 5th movie surprised the shit out of me. It was a "legit" fun good movie.

the 6th movie tries to continue on from that, and tie in previous shitty stories from the earlier shitty F&F movies (the 5th movie tied in other characters better). Except in this movie, the acting is actually waaaaay fucking worse. THe car scenes are the same. Expect vehicular carnage at times. But the story and plot is just fucking dumb, even compared to the other f&f movies.

imo, the first movie and the 5th movie are the best in this series. The 6th one was just kinda like a much shittier re-hash from the 5th movie, and it IS much shittier than the 5th one.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
I was a bit surprised at how much I enjoyed the Fifth movie, partly because I was blocking out the other movies in the series. They've really gone and done a pretty good job of reinventing the series from what it was to a crazy Ocean's 11 kind of caper series.

But when you think about the other films and how the characters have gotten to where they are now in the series, it's pretty fucking ridiculous and kind of funny in a cartoonish kind of way.

But then again, I don't think that in series of movies that routinely ignores the laws of physics and gives top billing to the cars; it's not like logical character development means a whole hell of a lot.

I'm thinking about checking this out - I need a bit of a brain candy flick.

Last edited:

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
But then again, I don't think that in series of movies that routinely ignores the laws of physics and gives top billing to the cars; it's not like logical character development means a whole hell of a lot.

I'm thinking about checking this out - I need a bit of a brain candy flick.
i'm STILL trying to think of the name of the "go kart" frame car that the "Bad guys" were using in this movie.

Fuck.... it's still pissing me off.... and i'm too fucking lazy to load up Forza into my 360 to find out. And no, it's not that weak ass "go kart" car that uses the honda/GM ecotech engine that you can purchase here in north america/europe. This is a pure race car. It was the car that they used in a couple of scenes to "Catapult" other cars over them......

gahhhh. It's been bugging me since i watched yet, yet too fucking lazy to go look it up because i know it was in one of my stupid video games.

*edit*

fuck, this isn't the car i'm thinking of. This is the car that i was talking about that you can actually legally purchase and drive on the road...... in video game form. WARNING!! giant pic, eat a dick.

Last edited:

lucky1

TRIBE Member
hehe longest runway in the world..! The london underground fight scene was great too!

What I did not like is the style of filiming action, where the camera is moving all around too fast for anything to actually focus so there is a bunch of fast moving blurry images. it huts my eyes and you miss out on the details of what is in the scene. My husband said this is the director's style so that is why it looks like it does.

I had this same issue when we saw Star Trek into Darkness last week.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories