• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Farewell Kevin (R4V4G3D_SKU11S) :*-(

lucky1

TRIBE Member
WTF... ! I thought this was a joke thread. Really can't believe it. Never met offline felt like I knew him on here. Sarah and your precious littles I am sending my strength, my prayers, and anything else I can send over the computer. RIP

Deus

TRIBE Member
I am saddened to read this news about Kevin. I only knew his online persona, but having been a super nerdy teenager I spent much of my time online, and much of it on Tribe. I considered people on here my friends and he was certainly one of them. My feelings of sadness and loss are juxtaposed on feelings of happiness by seeing so many names on here I haven't seen in more than a decade, and wondering whatever happened to them. It is nice to see everyone come together again, if only it was for a different reason.

My deepest condolences to Sarah, your daughters, and to the Tribe community.

mcbee

TRIBE Member
Grief and sadness are expected. Joy at all the kindness and awe at the impact this great man made is without question. But anger is the emotion I am most sad you have to experience. You have every right to it, you really do and I'm so sorry in the wake of all those other emotions, anger has to be there. Based on everything I've read from you this far, you seem to really get that he fought hard and you get addiction is a bitch. Sadly, you get it better than most.

I know the sadness and grief and joy and awe will continue forever in their own way and their own place, but I hope and believe the anger will go away in time. I'm really saddened by this all but you both clearly got to love as great as anyone I know and anger in love rarely lasts, nor should it.
Thanks so much for this Jamie, your words are very kind and a very helpful.

Thanks to all for,their condolences. I'm surviving. One foot in front of the other. But man,grief is fucked up. And I just miss him so fucking much. I really can't believe that I'll never see him again.

:( sarah

mcbee

TRIBE Member
Supporting someone who has such a problem is maddening. I know that anger too well,.... watching someone destroy themselves. Rage on because right now it is feeling something. Having felt that rage myself I can say it does change.

Svetlana
Thank you for this. This perspective is helpful. It's such a fucked up place, to be so mad at someone you love so much, even after they die.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
And I just miss him so fucking much. I really can't believe that I'll never see him again.

Like many others in this thread, I only knew Kevin via the tribe message board. We ended up at a few parties together but we never formally met. Always thought he was a stand up type of guy based on his posts and all of our mutual friends had nothing but great things to say about him. I am so very sorry for your loss.

I have been reading the thread since it was posted but have remained quiet. However, seeing this comment just made it all the more real and I froze when I read it. I can't even begin to understand what you're going through. Thankfully this is an incredible community and it has come together for you in a time of need.

J.

stryker

TRIBE Member
I had a serendipitous moment this afternoon thinking about you and our dentist and the summer of 2006. We were never very close but in that summer we saw a lot of each other at the staff offices of Princess Margaret.

10 years ago I reluctantly took a very large and very scary leap of faith and started a new job, in a new career, in a new field, which I almost didn't take. At the end of that summer I headed down an unknown path which was one of the best things that's ever happened to me. It set in motion events that have given me a blessed and privileged life that I never imagined I could have.

10 years ago this month I asked for a dentist referral and you gave me the name of Dr Shelegy. It's a silly thing but it was the first real perk I gave myself at the new job. After a shitty run of things, life was finally starting to look up and I could finally relax. I passed my probation. They didn't fire me. It was time to buy some new clothes and to partake in a little self indulgence. It was time to use the benefits and get my teeth checked for the first time since the 90's.

I've moved around quite a bit since then and even the dentist moved buildings last year. I haven't been in this particular room before but I was floored when they brought me in and from the chair, I was staring at the directly at the window of the office, of that job I started a decade previous.

Walking out the lobby, I was thinking of you and staring down at my phone trying to find the old thread. I walked right into the path of the two Buddhist monks who I would occasionally run run across over the years. It always lifts my heart to see them because they have a knack for appearing at times in life when I needed the universe to smile and give a sign that things were going to be ok.

Today was also one of those days.

RIP Kev.
stew

BAd Luck

TRIBE Member
^^^HOLY SHIT!!!!!! I worked with her!!! She was on my team for Zellers projects. This small world unknown connection would explain why she laughed her ass off when she overheard some party conversations some of us had. HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!
***absolutely floored right now***I feel so terrrible for her***

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
What an unbelievable testament to her character. Such a terrible situation. ...but an amazing, selfless response. If you're reading this Sarah, please catch the love and good vibes I'm sending your way.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
Thanks for sharing, Jane. That is a beautiful article. I am happy to hear that McBee and her girls are doing so well, and that are keeping Daddy's memory alive in special ways.