• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Farewell Kevin (R4V4G3D_SKU11S) :*-(

jellibeen

TRIBE Member
I think the word to describe what I'm feeling is disbelief. I'll miss seeing him at daycare drop offs, walks around the neighbourhood, BBQs at his place. I only have very fond memories of Kevin and the old party days. His wit, sincerity, and upbeat attitude will be sorely missed.

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
[SQUARE];4723890 said:
I saw Alex's post on facebook and I had to make my way over here. While I didn't know Kevin personally, it still makes me sad that he passed away so young. Stay strong Sarah and family!!!
me too. I don't go on Tribe anymore but had to make my way over to post on this thread. :( Im in shock. I didnt know him too well but knew him through tribe from the very beginning.. met him a few times at parties through out the early 2000's. Last time i saw him, was at a party in Opera House. He was always so nice and pleasant to me. Gone way too soon. My condolences to his family :( RIP...

Last edited:

sugar

TRIBE Member
I am so sad.

As many have said, it feels like the right place to come to share my grief. Although our friendship extended well past this board, this is the community that gave birth to it in a very real way.

Kevin, you will be sorely missed. This is hard to fathom.

Stan

TRIBE Member
I haven't been on here in a long time, but I had to come back to post. I wasn't close with Kevin, although we were friends on Facebook. I enjoyed seeing his pics pop up once in a while in my feed as he always seemed to be happy and living a good life. From our interactions on the Hullaboard and Tribe and meeting him over the years at various events, he was always a positive person with a huge beaming smile on his face. The main impression I got from him was that he was a Good guy, with a capital G. My sincere condolences to his friends and family. RIP.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Kevin was such a good guy. I always remembered him as Basic, too. Almost forgot about "Ravaged Skulls".

This hits especially close to home because I also have two young girls, and can't imagine what Sarah and the kids are going through now.

Where words may fail, i'll offer the best support I can right now, and help contribute to the fund. Hopefully it'll offer a little relief, and it's the least we can do to offer up a couple bucks because while many people may not know him, many of us have families now, and can relate to the loss.

smack

TRIBE Member
RIP Kevin

I only met you a couple times MANY years ago at parties but remember you were a real positive guy. This is really sad. You expect people like Kevin to live for a long time.

My condolences to his wife, kids and all family/friends grieving.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
Where words may fail, i'll offer the best support I can right now, and help contribute to the fund. Hopefully it'll offer a little relief, and it's the least we can do to offer up a couple bucks because while many people may not know him, many of us have families now, and can relate to the loss.
It is a testament to Kevin and to this community that folks feel compelled to give to other community members that they did not know well.

Edit: I just clicked on the link in Janiecakes' post and got the message "This page can't be displayed." Is the link working?

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
^ It didn't work for me on my desktop Explorer browser. I cut-and-pasted the link into my Mozilla Firefox browser, and it worked. Thanks.

the wiz

TRIBE Member
Kevin was a bright and loving person.....always had a kind word and a warm smile. I have some mental health and addiction issues.......and at one point me and Kevin were receiving support from the same recovery resources. It encouraged me greatly to see a member of the techno scene moving forward and getting help like that. "Like iron sharpens iron....one mans face sharpens the face of another" --Proverbs 27:17 (written by Solomon)....thus, let us encourage one another, bolstering each other so we can feel stable, balanced, and confident to face the storms of life with straight eyes and an open heart. I apologize if I offended anyone by "breaking his anonymity" and sharing that I knew him from the recovery community.....but, as far as I know, a person's anonymity is only protected as long as the person is alive.......and I wanted to make it clear how great it was to know him in that context. Kevin always had insightful comments and shared deeply from his heart. I am in no way implying that addiction issues were the cause of his death..........simply that I knew him from his sharing around those tables, and I will miss him greatly.

My condolences go out to Kevin's family.

aho...mitakuye oyasin

(all my relations)

The Wiz

rentboy

TRIBE Member
It is very nice seeing so many familiar names and hearing such fond memories.
I've found it really moving to see so many come out of the woodwork and reminisce about Kevin (here, the fund, and FB). I've felt the communal impact of this board and it's once thriving scene.

As an aside, one of my fondest memories of those days was meeting Kevin for the first time. I was hanging with Jane and he'd shown up to her place early in the morning. He sat on the edge of the bed in semi-darkness and we talked. He was instantly upbeat and approachable... and always maintained that genuine persona.

He'll be missed.

joey

TRIBE Member
It certainly is nice to see the old crew coming back on here, using old handles not used for years, to remember our friend. Kevin would certainly be here for every single person that is returning...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
As an aside, one of my fondest memories of those days was meeting Kevin for the first time. I was hanging with Jane and he'd shown up to her place early in the morning. He sat on the edge of the bed in semi-darkness and we talked. He was instantly upbeat and approachable... and always maintained that genuine persona.
My apartment on Jarvis right? Haha, I think he liked that he could just tap on the window.

</3

SpaceBabe

TRIBE Member
I don't know Kevin super well but when I read about this, I was very saddened by this big loss. My impression of him was that he was a kind person and loved and was loved so much by his family.

Rest in peace

vinder

TRIBE Member
This is so saddening and awful. Wanted to send my condolences to the Tribers that knew him and interacted with him. He is an amazingly big-hearted guy with a great sense of humour. I have so many great memories. We are essentially a tribe who grew up together and when one is hurt or passes, we all feel it. Take care of each other and my deepest sympathies to everyone. Basic was a legend, Ravegod Skills was a hoot and Kevin was an insanely great human being. This must be tough for so many. Sending my thoughts and love to anyone out there feeling the same sense of loss today.
This.

I'm still processing the news a couple days later, somewhere in between shock and sadness.

JESuX

TRIBE Member
Who cares if it's the middle of the night, let's hang out! And I was always like, ok Kev, let's hang out.
I actually got very confused for a moment when I was frantically searching for the 'like' button and I was like WHY NO LIKE BUTTON SMASH SMASH

I like this post. <3

Ms. Fit

TRIBE Member
Wow, my password still works!

The other day, the thought about how "Ravaged Skulls" always looked to me like "Ravegod Skills" popped into my head and I chuckled.

Then to hear of this passing. My heart goes out to his family. Huge huge huge hugs.

Kevin was a wonderful young man and I ONLY have good memories of him

Alright, I'm getting teary-eyed, so I'll sign off here.

xoxo

Ms. Fit

derek

TRIBE Member
I always thought it was 'RaveGod Skulls'

One of the better handles I recall. I shake my head at using 'derek' as my handle in comparison

I never met him personally; we had some good conversations on this site though, especially in the 'workout' thread. Like all that knew him comment, he was a solid guy online too. He had the rare quality in that you could argue about some stuff but he never held a grudge and was quite humorous

I can't begin to imagine the loss those close to him and McBee, whom I remember from the site are experiencing. Tragic

<pours a bit of beer on the ground for a lost hommie>

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
Funeral info:

Sunday August 14th. Visitation is 4pm-8pm. Monday August 15th visitation 10am - 11am, service 11-12 with reception to follow. Both visitations and service are at Mount Pleasant Funeral Centre, in Toronto.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders