• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

far cry 3

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
I can't find the far cry your mom thread. THIS GAME KICKS ASS - YOU MUST PLAY IT, esp if you like that skyrimmers crap.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
I did, I finished it all. Almost 100% but stopped looking for letters and relics. I choose friends. Wonder how it ends when you choose the other way.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
I caught a glitch during the last mission and haven't picked it back up.

Which is too bad. All I have to do is finish it and do the co-op missions for a Platinum.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

praktik

TRIBE Member
Just starting the game after having a great time w/ Far Cry 2 - def really appreciating the notch up in all areas!

Very early, just had the mushroom trip!

This game is absolutely sick visually!

Zorro

TRIBE Member
I enjoyed taking the towns. And trying my best to knocking them out with out being detected. Early on this takes time and patience. As long as you are never actually spotted it doesn't matter if they find dead bodies. so take your time get experience points.

I found that to be the most enjoyable part of the game.

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
i finished the game around christmas time.

It was quite a badass game. The dubstep was a bit over the top and annoying at times. Had much more fun when i turned off the music.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
I loved skyrim. If this game is like SR then i need to give it a go. Is it open world concept?
yea, it is.

But more "open world" in terms of assassins creed rather than skyrim.

You basically are doing similar tasks in different areas, and you can stray away from the main mission and do various misc missions.... hunting shit to craft larger inventory. etc etc.

best parts of the game are taking over the various pirate compounds. Since they recently patched the game (a month ago or so?) you can re set the compounds back to AI control so you can take em over again.

Game does get a bit boring near the end in this concept, since there's no roving enemy patrols or bases, or enemies around to kill. Just some misc missions and the main missions to do.

praktik

TRIBE Member
I kinda liked in Far Cry 2 the roving bands, here in 3 I can clear an area and feel in complete safety for almost the entire time... In Far Cry 2 each approaching vehicle was an enemy (i guess in hindsight i'd say this was tiresome at the same time as it kept a sense of danger - oh crap, another set of baddies and I just want to get where Im going - would say 3 does a great job of keeping you doing interesting shit rarther than travelling or doing mundane shit to get to the interesting shit.

I am about 33% of the way there so not sure what twists the designers may have in store for me.. got delayed over weekend as I discovered Hawken, the free mech fighting game, and wanted to build up some experience w/ some bonuses i got that expired today....

So far in far cry 3 I seem to be sticking to a silenced pistol, silenced assault rifle and silenced sniper

They are such an effective combo I am almost sad as I am finding it hard to see value in the other weapons... are there special weapons that are unlocked later in the game you can't see in the early game??

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
here in 3 I can clear an area and feel in complete safety for almost the entire time...
yea, you'll be safe most of the time, unless a gator eats you. Or you get jacked by another animal. Once you finish the game you can re set all the bases/enemy areas with the latest patch.

So far in far cry 3 I seem to be sticking to a silenced pistol, silenced assault rifle and silenced sniper

are there special weapons that are unlocked later in the game you can't see in the early game??[/QUOTE]

yes, the special weapons are VERY much worth while getting. Especially the sub machine gun, the pistol, and the assault rifle. I prefer the sniper rifle silenced, the special sniper rifle is the 50 cal and it's not silenced. It's powerful as fuck and will nuke a car with 1 hit. But i liked it silenced.

Oh, btw... learn to love the recurve bow. It was my most used weapon. Especially crafting grenade tips for it. Or using fire tips to create a little distraction by burning a tree or some bush to pull out some enemies. Later on in the game the enemies become much tougher, so getting 1 hit kills with the bow is much more difficult. Even a silenced sniper rifle won't necessarily kill in 1 hit.

at the start of the game i heavily relied on the silenced pistol for sneaky kills. The bow is much better. Keep a silenced SMG/assault rifle for your main assault on guys. From a long range distance, snipe, medium range (50< yards) the bow is excellent. There is a sight on it, and there is an arc. So learn how to get some long range shots with the sight. Best way to do this is to lay down a waypoint, and check out the yardage with the sight on the bow. BOOM, you'll be fucking shit up in no time with it.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

praktik

TRIBE Member
ya just preordered

having a blast in the base game too!

Hoping i can put in the hours to finish it before blood dragon comes out!

Kodiak took ur advice, the bow is awesome..;)

coleridge

TRIBE Member
Just bought Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. Played about 30 minutes of it. It is hilariously awesome. The music, the voice work, cut scenes, everything is pure 80s cheese. What a great concept.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

praktik

TRIBE Member
fuck im behind.

Couldn't finish far cry 3 in last weeks - let myself get carried away by a civ 5 game and some spring cleaning, now the rents are in town for like, 3 days...

I wont be playing this for a week or two I just want to clear the main game first so I can make room and cross it off my list!

Loving the condescending embrace of old 80's films and video games on this. It's like Terminator meets Tron and Escape From New York, meets a lot of cheesy 80's action films that you could rent from your corner store back in the day.

Last edited: