1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Family Guy says Canada sucks

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Sunshyne Jones, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Sunshyne Jones

Sunshyne Jones TRIBE Member

episode i watched last night ended with a dig at Canada (not sure if that was a repeat that I saw last night) ... which I can handle, but it was such a heavy handed dig ie. the last line said was "Canada sucks" like, it's not ok to make fun of people from other countries except for Canada because Canada sucks.

ok, i shouldn't care and i don't REALLY care, but i was mildly surprised and sorta offended ... i mean, they couldn't come up with anything better than that?

2. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

i am more offended by how much family guy sucks now.

3. Syntax Error

Syntax Error Well-Known TRIBEr

4. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

that show is so redundant. they use the same jokes over and over, just with different scenes. "remember the time that....." and temporarily shoot to a new scene. 'random humour' is way less creative anyways. its just undisciplined, and that's why its slightly entertaining.

5. Rajio

Rajio Well-Known TRIBEr

i've run out of snide remarks to make at people being supprised when something predictable happens.

6. Thumpr

Thumpr TRIBE Member

Peter's chin looks like a ballsac.

[​IMG]

7. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

broccoli. bulldozer.

8. kaniz

kaniz TRIBE Member

Family Guy has been sucking the past while. American Dad had been doing pretty good up until the last episode which left me thinking 'what the fuck?' and not in the good way either.

9. green_souljah

green_souljah TRIBE Member

OF course not, its Peter Griffin.

Really though, how much do we rip on the USA on all of our media outlets? Quite a bit.

10. quantumize

quantumize TRIBE Member

indeed

it still holds a place in my hear, and is still better than almost anything on tv...[except NFL football]

11. Lil'Timmy

Lil'Timmy TRIBE Promoter

there hasnt been a popular sitcom I've watched that hasnt taken a swipe outta canada. The Simpsons has dissed the ol CA for years! Whilst watching 3rd rock from the sun, they haven take several jabs at our nation. Fuck, COLBERT the first time his show aired on the comedy channel!

I found myself laughing my ass off.

12. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

Peter told me he was joking... so are you ok now?

13. Eccentric (LRG)

Eccentric (LRG) TRIBE Member

I'm not offended by it at all.
    Cause I've told about a billion people That America sucks.. Whats the dif ?

AMERICA SUCKS... you hear that, take it. Take it right in the ear!

14. green_souljah

South Park does it best; because they actually know a bit about us

15. Lil'Timmy

Lil'Timmy TRIBE Promoter

agreed!

16. coleridge

coleridge TRIBE Member

As South Park revealed on an episode this season, Family Guy is written by a tank full of manatees pushing random plot balls into tubes.

So I wouldn't worry too much about what they say.

:)

17. AdRiaN

AdRiaN TRIBE Member

Some comedians in Canada have made a living from ripping on the USA.

18. Sunshyne Jones

I guess that is kind of what i was getting at ... I was offended they couldn't pull together a better joke if they were going to dis Canada, you know? lol

19. groovespinna

groovespinna TRIBE Member

South Park had "Downtown Canada" as a sign on one of the eps. I laughed. oh, and the cn tower was surrounded by nothing but trees if I remember correctly.

20. Sunshyne Jones

i do think it's funny, and i'm always interested to see how canada is mentioned / included in / joked about by american media but this one was totally weak and in its weakness it was just an insult rather than a joke. imo. but yeah, i guess what i shoudl be thinking is how weak their writing was that they couldn't come up with something better.

21. Rajio

Rajio Well-Known TRIBEr

22. AdRiaN

AdRiaN TRIBE Member

Hmmm ... Hitler reincarnated as a T-Rex exacting his revenge by stomping through cities around the world.

Sounds like a hit movie idea!

23. jebac

jebac TRIBE Member

Porco Dio!

-jebac

24. green_souljah

"I thought there was only one highway in Canada?"

"there is....and you all went the wrong way!"

25. RumRogerz

RumRogerz TRIBE Member

nah, i think its still hilarious as heck.

Actually the last few episodes had me in stitches