• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Fallout 4 incoming - New Site

acheron

TRIBE Member
yeah I'll bet it's going to be coming like christmas 2016 or something... wouldn't it be awesome if it was announced and then released like 3 mos later?

In any event, very psycho'd for this!

where will it take place, I wonder?

G3N3R4L

TRIBE Member
Yeah it would be nice to have a bit more of a color palette to work with instead of just desert wasteland.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

coleridge

TRIBE Member
I've been playing A LOT. Like I'm short on sleep a lot.

I appear to be addicted to scavenging for junk.

I only just realized that you can switch the junk view to components and you can flag materials for search. A little magnifying glass will appear beside an item name if that item has a flagged material in it. This is super helpful. TV Trays are the aluminum gift that keeps on giving.

Don't know if this is true but apparently if you break down a junk item to build an upgrade mod the material that isn't used is lost. People say you're supposed to throw everything on the ground first before you scrap it.

Has anyone found a source for lead other than pencils? Pencils are literally the most valuable resource in the game for me right now.

G3N3R4L

TRIBE Member
I only just realized that you can switch the junk view to components and you can flag materials for search. A little magnifying glass will appear beside an item name if that item has a flagged material in it. This is super helpful. TV Trays are the aluminum gift that keeps on giving.
This is SO handy, I have a few things tagged for searching.

I am not sure about if extra components are lost, to be honest, I don't know if it's worth my time to constantly break down every piece of junk.

The only reason its really helpful is if you are running out of build space in your settlements. The game sees you scrap an item so it thinks you are scrapping settlement peices, after a few of them you will be able to build more walls or other items.

greginhali

TRIBE Member
Just started FO4. Man i die a lot. Running out of ammo too. Im at Waldens pond trying to beat the raiders. Level 4.

Any tips? Im not doing so hot at the moment.

greginhali

TRIBE Member
still getting rocked on this game. Im trying to rescue Valentine outside of Diamond city and dying every time.

gamers out there?

hit me up with the pro tips?

i neeed it.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

G3N3R4L

TRIBE Member
Personally I went with stealth and rifles, I try my best to be the first one to take a shot for the sneak damage, pick off a few that I can before engaging with big groups of enemies.

Use cover and line of sight, liberal use of VATS.

Target the legs, they usually have high to hit chance and once they are on the ground, the threat is gone. Always hit the legs.

acheron

TRIBE Member
This game is so much fun!

On my second playthrough now and being a bit more organized about my strategy for going through. First time I sided with the institute but this time I'm sticking with the Minutemen. Playing the companion questlines through to completion (Nick's was particularly good)...

I got the 2076 World Series Baseball Bat and upgraded it out the wazoo. Now I have a chance to knock mobs "out of the park" (complete with crowd cheering sounds) - there is nothing more satisfying in this game than whacking a deathclaw and seeing it go flying...

Add on the Big Leagues perk - at level 4 it does 80% more damage and hits all targets in front of you. Great for plowing through crowds of ghouls.

To make things even more fun (and level up faster) I got my intelligence up to 7 and added the Idiot Savant perk level 2 - every now and then you'll get 5x XP from any action. Some internet guy did a calculation based on 5000 actions in the game and determined the sweet spot for XP gain is idiot savant level 2 with 6-7-8 Intelligence. The XP just rains down. The goofy laugh that occurs when you get the bonus is very satisfying.

G3N3R4L

TRIBE Member
A tip for Hacking Computers:

Scroll along and look for open and close brackets on the same line. () [] {} <>

As long as they are the same, matching open and closed, they will remove a wrong answer from your list, or rarely, will refill your guesses.

once you hover over the opening bracket, it will highlight the characters inbetween so its easy to see when you have an eligable set.

greginhali

TRIBE Member
To make things even more fun (and level up faster) I got my intelligence up to 7 and added the Idiot Savant perk level 2 - every now and then you'll get 5x XP from any action. Some internet guy did a calculation based on 5000 actions in the game and determined the sweet spot for XP gain is idiot savant level 2 with 6-7-8 Intelligence. The XP just rains down. The goofy laugh that occurs when you get the bonus is very satisfying.
I need some XP to rain down. I'm going to try out the Idiot Savant perk when i get my next perk point. Im sick of dying, so i need to get some xp up and running. That baseball bat sounds fun. Your on your second play through? Nice job.

greginhali

TRIBE Member
A tip for Hacking Computers:

Scroll along and look for open and close brackets on the same line. () [] {} <>

As long as they are the same, matching open and closed, they will remove a wrong answer from your list, or rarely, will refill your guesses.

once you hover over the opening bracket, it will highlight the characters inbetween so its easy to see when you have an eligable set.
Hacking computers is my least favorite thing to do. So what your saying is look for this pattern? () [] {} <>

acheron

TRIBE Member
Hacking computers is my least favorite thing to do. So what your saying is look for this pattern? () [] {} <>
any string of text inside brackets on the same line will show up as a highlighted code. they don't always show up in great numbers but sometimes there's enough of them to knock out all the 'duds' - sometimes it resets the 'tries'.

G3N3R4L

TRIBE Member
Yeah, you could see this on one line for instance

.,@#*%(@@%*&(@)}*($<<)^&@

There would be 3 duds removed in this instance.

greginhali

TRIBE Member
I got the Idiot Savant perk. Its too much fun. One time I got enough xp for one whole level and half of another one. Good stuff.

My shooting and aim is getting better, im not wasting some many bullets. I was thinking of getting the scrounger perk? Did you pick this one up?

Im all good with my lock picking, but those dam terminals give me fits. I must suck at English cause I just guess wrong everytime.