1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Fallout 3?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by praktik, Oct 29, 2008.

1. bkxb

bkxb TRIBE Member

Is it the one that looks like this?

[​IMG]

If so, then god yes.

2. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

Indeed! Slobberslobber

3. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

oooo got it this morning from amazon (gosh they're quick!) WOW. Nice. "Limited Edition #18691"... includes a nice big map sortof like comes with GTA4.

4. bkxb

bkxb TRIBE Member

congrats. if I didn't have a laptop readily available for that fallout wiki, I'd be all over that guide. seems like they put a lot of effort into it.

5. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

752 pages lol it rivals some of the Pokemon indexes my son pours over.

6. Dr. Grinch

Dr. Grinch TRIBE Member

Played through Point Lookout yesterday. Solid little addon. Probably gonna venture into The Pitt next

7. Dr Funk MD

Dr Funk MD TRIBE Promoter

I have never played a console game this glitchy before. It's crashed my PS3 at least 10-15 times now.

8. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

Playing through for a second time now with the GOTY. Last time I was Mr. Nice Guy, and now this time everybody dies. Going for high energy weapon skill now with the Gauss Rifle and Microwave Emitter. Fun fun stuff.

I started Point Lookout at level 11 or 12, and boy did those hillbillies piss me off.

9. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

Finished all of GOTY a while back (before MW2 descended) - gotta say wow. Really nicely done. Totally enjoyed the whole thing. Among the DLC stuff I think the Pitt was the most complete story, awesome.

10. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Are steam users SOL with the expansion missions?

I got Fallout 3 on steam, but the addons dont seem to be available for sale through steam - unless I go for the GOTY edition which would be kind of a waste seeing as I already dropped full price on the original release...

11. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

Bumping this thread now that I'm getting a chance to play such an amazing game...

I've got a question about owning houses. It seems like based on some FAQs that you can dump extra supplies and stuff in a house once you have one, but I can't seem to figure this one out. Apparently there's one in Megaton but all I've found is a common house. Are there any others?

12. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

yeah once you deal with a certain situation in Megaton you end up with either a shack in Megaton itself or a penthouse suite elsewhere. The choice is somewhat conflicting - I say somewhat.

13. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

Yeah gaining a place to live is critical in FO3. I always get a work bench in my place so when I find junk lying around I put it in one of my lockers, and when I have enough I build shit like a nuke gernade... you need to acquire blue prints to build such weapons. All you have to do is complete a certain quest and you will get your pad. However this wont happen at the start of the game. You can get the quest that will get you your pad at the start, but you wont have the levels to complete it.

14. Subsonic Chronic

I didn't disarm or blow up the bomb in Megaton yet but when I reported that dude to the sheriff, the sheriff got shot and now I don't know how to disarm the bomb. I'm up to level 7 or 8 with a repair skill around 60%, I guess it's back to the FAQs for me.

Any other pads available besides the one in Megaton? Is there supposed to be one in that little derelict town just outside of Megaton?

15. Subsonic Chronic

Ahh, I seem to have found what I'm looking for in an FAQ. Now I wish I'd blown up that bomb for a sweet penthouse, but that can wait until I replay as evil.

16. KodiaK

KodiaK TRIBE Member

^^^^ the penthouse isnt all that.

It's much quicker to get into and out of your house in megaton than the tower.

There are extra loading screens to get to your penthouse rather than just fast traveling to megaton and BOOM, your house is on the left.
    plus the house is bigger.

you need 25 in explosives to disarm the bomb.

17. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

My current FO3 game I'm playing the bad role, but I didn't blow up Megaton because I always like the pad they give you there.

18. bboyrds

bboyrds TRIBE Member

I think there are only the 2 pads...

But you can still get the megaton pad by:
    [spoil]talking to the sheriffs kid, he'll give you the key to the apartment in megaton.[/spoil]

19. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

Yeah I killed the sheriff of Megaton and still managed to get the pad. The plus with that if you're going for a bad route it adds bad karma to your meter and you get some useful items to use at the start of the game. The sheriff's coat gives you a skill upgrade with small arms.

20. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

[YOUTUBE]idjM3Jrp4Yw[/YOUTUBE]

21. mute79

mute79 TRIBE Member