1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Fallout 3?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by praktik, Oct 29, 2008.

1. d.code

d.code TRIBE Member

Nice the GOTY is out! i can finally play this game.

2. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

my thinkings exactly. at least batman is still worth the $40 I paid for it.

3. Flashy_McFlash

Flashy_McFlash Well-Known TRIBEr

4. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

Thanks, after Batman is done, then I'm going to play as a badass thief, and if I still want to play more after two times through the game, then I'll DLC.

5. bkxb

bkxb TRIBE Member

Alright, Operationg: Anchorage is boring as fuck. I'm going to reload a previous save; I may tackle this just for the loot later on with a new stealth character.

6. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

hey Flash, did you have problems loading your saved games with the GOTY disc

7. Flashy_McFlash

I didn't get to pop it in last night but I'll try it today. Sounds like the problem is extremely widespread, affecting almost all users in Canada.

If it doesn't work, I'm probably just gonna start over. My character was good enough to beat the game but there's a lot I'd change in a second playthrough.

8. Dr Funk MD

Dr Funk MD TRIBE Promoter

So the DLC is free with the GOTY edition?

9. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

i think i asked this before but don't recall an answer...

are there new speech challenges in the dlc? 4 shy of the silver tongue devil achievement. i may just start an evil stealthy smooth talking chick character if not :p

10. Flashy_McFlash

Yes, and all on the one blu-ray, so no switching discs like you're playing Leisure Suit Larry 3.

I can confirm that loading saved games is still fuckered on PS3...Gonna have to start over.

11. KodiaK

KodiaK TRIBE Member

but that DLC has arguably one of the best weapons in the game, plus the Chinese stealth suit.

12. Flashy_McFlash

How did I go through my last playthrough without encountering a Deathclaw? I can't beat this motherfucker!

13. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

if you see one set a bunch of landmines in front of you, get its attention back up a bit and let it cripple itself. easy pickins as it hobbles after you.

14. Dr Funk MD

Dr Funk MD TRIBE Promoter

I can't remember where that one last leaking pipe is in Megaton. Oh well. I'm glad I ratted out Mr. Burke this time. Bobble head in the sheriff's house. But next time I'm blowing the bomb.

15. Flashy_McFlash

Make sure you loot the armoury before you blow it up. There's some good shit in there - weapons that lasted me through the end of the game IIRC.

I took Kodiak's advice and am going after the Deathclaw Gauntlet before I even visit Megaton - I'm at level 5 and the game hasn't even really started yet, so those motherfuckers don't even know the storm that's coming.

Thanks! I'll definitely go for the legs this time. Most of the time I default to shooting creatures in the head (which usually works) but I definitely need to switch up my strategy this time, especially since I'm fighting him so early.

16. KodiaK

KodiaK TRIBE Member

i always pack a dart gun with me when i go deathclaw hunting :D

17. Flashy_McFlash

The landmine idea worked perfectly (along with some well-placed grenades). Now I've just gotta find a medical brace and I'll be all set. I think there's one in the Super Duper Mart so I'm going to grab it while doing Moira's quest. I accidentally killed Moriarty and Jericho pretty much as soon as I got into Megaton, which sucks as I wanted to play the game with some companions this time around.

18. bkxb

bkxb TRIBE Member

+1 cripple those mofos

19. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

anyone have a Fallout 3 Guide they want to sell me?

20. Flashy_McFlash

21. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

oh I'm already on there... But my computer isn't where my console is.

22. bkxb

bkxb TRIBE Member

FYI, there's also a GOTY edition of the guide available, too.

23. bkxb

bkxb TRIBE Member

19/20 Bobbleheads, baby. Almost there.

If it weren't for those infernal Good/Neutral/Evil achievements, I could 100% this bitch with all the DLC in one playthrough. If only I had the foresight earlier on; at least I should be able to grab those on the second playthrough.

24. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

hmmm... do I pay the extra $5 to get the hardcover edition of the GOTY guide?

25. KodiaK

KodiaK TRIBE Member

with the pit addon ive gone well over the 1k achievement mark in fallout 3.

the only 2 achievements i dont have in the vanilla game is the Silver Tongued Devil and hit lvl 20 @ neutral, which ill get whenever i play the game again since my latest character is neutral.