• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Fallout 3?

praktik

TRIBE Member
My steam download is happening now.. won't have time to get started til tomorrow or my 4-day b-day weekend coming up - just curious to know who else is pumped for this??

coleridge

TRIBE Member
Started playing the PC version last night. Got out of the vault and have started wandering around a bit. Have fought a number of battles.

It's okay so far. Despite all the reviews saying it's not just Oblivion with guns, so far it doesn't feel that way to me. It is just Oblivion with guns. The whole mechanics of towns, stores, interaction with people, wandering the lands looks and feels the same. The VATS combat system is pretty good though, and a welcome improvement over Oblivion's combat.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Haven't played yet. Holding my copy in my hands right now.

Tomorrow I'm unplugging my router and closetting myself in to rock a whole day of it.

Noodles0

TRIBE Member
picked it up today. its better then i expected. so much stuff going on.. allot of different missions .. u can bang a hooker for 120bux haha and really good graphics

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
aside from stiff character animations it's a great game. thats possibly my biggest gripe with it which says a lot about how good everything else is. I keep having to stop and jsut look around at the scenery.

My Review

praktik

TRIBE Member
Good review!

Looks like there won't be time til the weekend but with the days off I'm sure I can invest in a healthy start..:)

PLaying Mass Effect now and its ok - but the quests are getting tiresome. Think I'll play that one in small doses - but I agree the immersion factor is helped by the conversation and plot and that;s whats kept me going on my incessant errand running. Sounds like Fallout 3 makes you care about the errands...

Thats awesome

Stan

TRIBE Member
The best thing about Fallout 3 is that some of your decisions have MAJOR consequences in the game. This is made very apparent very early on.

praktik

TRIBE Member
thats the same reason I LOVE "The Shield". There's still ramifications from the frickin pilot playing out now in season 7!!

Shug

TRIBE Member
It's been a long time since I've clock-watched during the workday over a video game...

I'm predicting GOTY. They kept the spirit of the Black Isle games while updating it for this generation's console.

Bethesda may only release a major game every couple years, but MAN, it's always worth the wait.... at least in the RPG realm (anyone remember Daggerfall, or more recently Call of Cthulhu?)...

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Shug said:
I'm predicting GOTY.
I'm not so sure about that.

Gears of War 2, Resistance 2, Red Alert 3, Dead Space, Bioshock 2, Prototype...

And that's just what's been released in the last week/coming in the next couple weeks.

Dr. Grinch

TRIBE Member
Eclectic said:
I'm not so sure about that.

Gears of War 2, Resistance 2, Red Alert 3, Dead Space, Bioshock 2, Prototype...

And that's just what's been released in the last week/coming in the next couple weeks.
Bioshock 2 is slated for a Q4 2009 release

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
You can gain infinite XP if your speech skill is high enough. (My speech was about 30 at the time).
Go to town called "Big Town" located north of Vault 101.
If you spoke with a girl named Bittercup she should tell you about her dating exploits.
After speaking with her, go into the house marked "Common House" and speak to a man named Pappy.
There should be a speech skill dialogue option that says "You came here with Bittercup, right?"
You will get XP every time you click it. (I got 6XP with each click).
Continue to do this and you can rack up XP in mere seconds.
Bethesda has not yet patched this glitch.
Neet.

Last edited:

Puma

TRIBE Member
This game turned out to be amazing. It is very well done. I was a little bit skeptical at first when I saw some of the videos. There are a few annoyances and problems but overall its awesome. Cant stop playing. So many different ways you can go about doing things its unbelievable. You really have to play it a few times over because it is so easy to miss things on the first play trough.

This game brings up a good point about how our society works. You can decapitate people in this game kill them in gross ways but when you remove the cloths of a female character you can not see her naked body instead there is a shirt on her which would of been visible before but it was clearly not there.

Not a big issue at all at the end, its just wired that brutal violence and foul language is oke but nudity is not.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Ya, there was that survey where parents rated nudity above "severed heads" on the offense-o-meter.

Craziness.

Just started last night. At an awkward save right now. Lots of baddies and no stims.

Think I might find a way to grease the wheels past that part so I can get on with the story

gsnuff

TRIBE Promoter
Puma said:
This game brings up a good point about how our society works. You can decapitate people in this game kill them in gross ways but when you remove the cloths of a female character you can not see her naked body instead there is a shirt on her which would of been visible before but it was clearly not there.
This is an important point. I often wonder why shirts appear on females after I decapitate them and remove their clothes. All that work for nothing. Fucking society.

Colm

TRIBE Member
It adds a lot of gore - as one would guess - especially when shotguns and feral ghouls come into play. It also gives you a 5% bonus in damage, which isn't too bad.

JayIsBored

TRIBE Member
im playing all goodygoody like this time around. next im going to kill every motherfucker i see before they even have a chance to answer my stupid questions.