• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Fall Motorcycle Thread

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
..So spring has finally sprung, and I figured it was about time for my yearly motorcycle thread.

I can't stand riding with the egoccentric, ignorant, barbaric, douchebags I usually ride with. I'm sure most of you can agree...When you're riding, it's cool, but once the helmets come off, it takes more than a common interest in riding to make me wanna hang out with someone.

...So post up bitches!

Who's new? Who's still riding?

Verg, Luka, Lori...Maybe this year we should ACTUALLY hook up for a ride...Or a pose-a-thon at the local Timmie's.

freshest1

TRIBE Member
I just finished writing up the bill of sale for my bike. Makes me sad to think I, most likely, will not be riding this summer.

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
freshest1 said:
I just finished writing up the bill of sale for my bike. Makes me sad to think I, most likely, will not be riding this summer.
Why would you go and do something stupid like that?

:eek: :p

guysmiley

TRIBE Member
I'm down! Especially if some of y’all know anywhere to ride around the area that doesn’t involve a speeding ticket and a stop in Belfountain.

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
guysmiley said:
I'm down! Especially if some of y’all know anywhere to ride around the area that doesn’t involve a speeding ticket and a stop in Belfountain.
Can't make any guarantee's about the speeding ticket, but i'd prefer to not go as far as Belfountain.

Maybe somewhere slightly outside the city...IE Richmond Hill.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
one day i ought to get one.

I just want a simple one though like those old army motorcycles. (so i can pretend i'm steve mcqueen)

how much does a motorcycle run a guy nowadays anyway?

sincere[-_-]

TRIBE Member
i wanna get my ride on this year but apperantly my driver license is suspended and will prohibit my m1 dreams :( is there another way?

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
MissBlu said:
please post pictures ;)
This isn't my bike, but it's the exact same colour and model. I can't bring myself to take pictures of my bike...Or pictures of myself on the bike...Seems really lame.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Rajio said:
how much does a motorcycle run a guy nowadays anyway?
Depends what you're looking for.

Could be anywhere from $500-$40,000.

For the kind of bike you want, you would probably have to do some work to it (if you can even find one), and finding parts won't be an easy task either.

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
Mr_Furious said:
Depends what you're looking for.

Could be anywhere from $500-$40,000.

For the kind of bike you want, you would probably have to do some work to it (if you can even find one), and finding parts won't be an easy task either.
interesting. i think i'll look in to it more. a cheapo bike might be fun. thanks.

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Rajio said:
interesting. i think i'll look in to it more. a cheapo bike might be fun. thanks.
It depends on whether you want used or new. You can get it as cheap as $500 for a beater, or as expensive as $80,000 US for the new Ducati Desmodici.

This sounds like the kind of bike you were looking for. Norton makes a lot of the army style bikes...But they're hard to find, and parts are even harder to find.

Pretty much like a car, if you spend too little, it means you're going to have to do a lot of work. For between $3,000-$5,000 you can get a bike certified and ready to hit the road.

technowelt

TRIBE Member
I'm getting my bike out next weekend, for my second year of riding. I can hardly wait!

Not my bike, but mine looks identical, minus the air dam.

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
Mr_Furious said:
Pretty much like a car, if you spend too little, it means you're going to have to do a lot of work. For between $3,000-$5,000 you can get a bike certified and ready to hit the road.

good to know. i think i'll save up for that then. maybe next year i'll be able to join you all for a ride :D. thanks for the general info.

littlejon

TRIBE Member
steve mcqueen rode a triumph in the great escape, and i think a husqvarna in on any sunday.
and it really is him riding balls out in those movies, he raced in his spare time.
(mind you, he didn't do the famous jump in the great escape)

my sportster is not up yet, i am still bicycling.
the sport needs a visit to the paint-shop after a mishap with a driveway full of ice, my over-eager father his chunk of angle-iron. sigh.
so i think it will be fuck-off orange this year, thanks to my brother-in-law.

i hope to have it out and about for weekend of april 25.

SUNKIST

TRIBE Member
i'm getting my bike out next weekend!

and yes Will, we actually need to hook up and ride this year! preferably somewhere not downtown (downtown riding is all kinds of unfun)

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
I used to have a bike when I was a teenager in the Caribbean. I miss it. My sister has a bike she never uses. I'm seriously thinking about getting my licence and buying hers.

Although, driving here is very different from the Carribean.

guysmiley

TRIBE Member
enjiro said:
can't waiiiiiit..
Is that an S4?!!? I now plan on living out my next ride vicariously through you.

BTW, holy naked street bikes on Tribe- we've got the sv (650 I think?), GS 550, your Monster, and I'm on a 599. Never thought the r6 would be the odd one out:p

Last edited: