1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Fake Cancer Fraud Girl

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by alexd, Aug 9, 2010.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Ashley Anne Kirilow, I hope in addition to jail time in a federal prison, you get at least a year of community service cleaning bedpans and poo in a cancer ward or hospice.

2. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

in the words of Andrew Dice Clay, "you should get CANCER!!!"

3. Kinger

Kinger TRIBE Member

My friend and I have considered going to the Blue Jay game in wheelchairs so we can get good seats behind home plate for cheap.

This girl makes us look like martyrs.

4. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

white people are fucked up

5. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

haha 4chan trolls would be proud.

6. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

i can't believe this chick actually plucked her eyelashes.

7. alexd

She should have also cut her own boobs off to make it seem even more authentic.

8. Persephone

Persephone TRIBE Member

well, that depends on the type of cancer that she was faking ;)

But plucking out her eyelashes shows a strong commitment to her fallacy.

Some of the comments posted on Facebook groups against fake cancer girl are pretty horrendous. Karma's a bitch, baby.

9. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

despicable

10. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

Reminds me when peter put peperoni all over Chris so he could get his favorite TV show back on the air.

11. Ho||yw0oD

Ho||yw0oD TRIBE Member

I feel really sorry for her family. They say she grew up in a very loving environment. After listening to the interview CTV did with her dad, I am not so convinced anymore.

I would suspect that, as a parent, having your child do something like this would be so disappointing. But if I were her dad, I would be saying that while this is disappointing and hurtful that I still love my daughter. I'd likely be saying to the public that I must wonder where did I go wrong as a parent. He totally sold his daughter out on TV... asshole.

Nevertheless, I must wonder how psychologically unwell is she to have taken it to this point? Not an excuse for her piss poor behaviour but it is something that I would like to know. Regardless it won't be enough to have her deemed not criminally responsible. She'll serve some fed time for sure. She'll have to move far away after too... this is making big news.

12. <FresHFunK>

<FresHFunK> TRIBE Member

The only thing I can think of that would be worse then being diagnosed with cancer, vomiting from chemotherapy and radiation treatment, loosing all your body hair and dying would be to think that some DOUCHEBAG thought it would be ok to falsify such clams when they are not even sick.

"Do you really need that kind of attention, or feel that the only way you could be happy is to pretend that your dying of cancer?" If so, your a fucking moron.

I had to watch my mother, grandmother, and uncles go through Cancer. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. (I am sure many of you have been in the same situation as me)

13. alexd

I hear you. I lost both my Mom and Dad to cancer.

14. lucky1

lucky1 TRIBE Member

I haven't heard about this.... I've been away.

How did she fake the countless chemo / doctor / hospital / tests ? Serioiusly cancer is like a full time job. THe hair loss isn't even guaranteed, only certain chemo does that. Wouldn't her parents want to come talk to the doctor once and a while with her so they could understand the disease and ask questions?

15. alexd

She was estranged from her parents and harnessed the internets, especially facebook, to bilk unsuspecting donors for small amounts, staying below the radar of the masses. Although I do recall I did see her on TV news programs a couple of times before she got busted collecting "change for cancer"

16. <FresHFunK>

<FresHFunK> TRIBE Member

Sorry to hear that Alex.
    My mother luckily survived and has been in remission for well over ten years. I was 15 and watched my mom pretty much die on the couch. She lost all her hair, was constantly sick from the chemo. It was pretty rough man.
    My other relatives were not so lucky. Everything from Breast, Prostate, lung and throat cancer. It is nothing to joke about.

This girl should be ashamed of herself. I don't think she realises what it would be like to be terminally ill. What a messed up world we live in.

17. toney

toney TRIBE Member

nothing new ... its like calling in for a sick day x 10000 :D
    Besides if you work in a claims office where ppl are suing each other for the most minor of minor incidents this stuff just rolls off you. I guess the only thing she did wrong was getting false compassion and not just $$$$

18. MissBlu

MissBlu TRIBE Member

this shouldn't just roll off your back, its disgusting.

i don't think her father is an asshole for selling her out on tv, i'd do the same if my child did something like that.

imo, she should go to jail, and she should spend the rest of her life donating her time to a hospice, or something. i don't know, i'm just so disgusted in the whole thing.

19. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

Sorry...for those of us not in the GTA....

[​IMG]

20. alexd

Volunteers claim Ashley Kirilow raised $20,000, but she says it was less than $5,000.

Brendan Kennedy Staff Reporter The Star

They all thought she was dying of cancer — and they all handed her cash.

Ashley Anne Kirilow, a 23-year-old Burlington native, admits she faked cancer, ran a bogus charity and collected thousands of dollars from hundreds of people.

She shaved her head and eyebrows, plucked her eyelashes and starved herself to look like a chemotherapy patient. She told anyone she met she had been disowned by drug-addicted parents, or that they were dead.

Both parents are alive and well, each in separate marriages with three young children. They both say they did all they could to support their troubled child.

“What I did was wrong,” Ashley said Thursday night. “I was trying to be noticed. I was trying to get my family back together. I didn’t want to feel like I’m nothing anymore. It went wrong, it spread like crazy, and then it seemed like the whole world knew.”

Over the last year, Ashley endeared herself to the all-ages music and skateboard scenes across the GTA and befriended groups of idealistic and energetic teenagers looking for an outlet for their optimism.

They embraced Ashley’s simple cause — pocket change for cancer research — and were inspired by her heartbreaking story. Teams of volunteers organized benefit concerts in her honour, designed T-shirts and made online tribute videos.

“I thought she was an angel,” said Nikki Jumper, 19. “I wanted to be a friend for her because she didn’t seem to have anyone.”

All donations were made in cash and given directly to Ashley in rolls of coins and stuffed envelopes. Nobody asked for a receipt.

The charity was never registered and consisted of little more than a Facebook page.

Over the course of a year, Ashley convinced local businesses and small-scale music promoters to join the cause. She persuaded a legitimate Toronto-based cancer-awareness organization — led by Newmarket skateboarding heartthrob, Rob Dyer — to fly her to Disney World.

Dyer refused to be interviewed for this story, but his organization, Skate4Cancer, released a statement earlier this week disavowing itself of Ashley and denying any formal or informal affiliation.

“Skate4Cancer’s involvement with Ms. Kirilow was based solely on fulfilling what the organization believed to be a legitimate final wish from a terminally ill individual.”

Her dedicated followers say they are shocked, betrayed and furious.

But Ashley’s parents are not surprised.

They say the latest allegations follow a pattern of behaviour since childhood, and that Ashley is manipulative, desperately craves fame and uses people to get what she wants.

“She loved playing the victim,” said her father, Mike Kirilow, a self-employed home renovator. “Because it gave her control over people.”

21. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

Jebus...that's warped.

Yeah....they should give her cancer as punishment.

22. Maui

Maui TRIBE Member

Meh, another day, another scam. It's everyone for themselves and ya gots ta get paid somehow.

Which makes me wonder, how much effort are the people being duped puttting into verifying information. The amount of people falling for scams daily is astounding.

Like I just spent over an hour researching what $100 hard drive I should by, do you think these people even put that into checking this girl's shit out? You really can't trust anyone or thing in these times.

23. solacevip

solacevip TRIBE Promoter

I personally don't think dad is at fault here. This is a 23 year old person who knew exactly what she was doing. I feel that dad has done the right thing by exposing his daughter for what she is.

The whole situation gives the term "pull a sicky" a totally different meaning.

24. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

Sociopath

25. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

im still stuck on "she plucked her eyelashes"
    I think she could have taken bets and raised the same amount of money on this alone, and never had to fake cancer at all.