• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Faith in Humanity

G

Once again, I'm impressed with how good people can be yo.

My cell phone fell out of my pocket in Toronto on friday night in a cab, and after calling my phone and getting no answer like 10 times, I decided it was gone, so I froze the service.

But some guy who got in the cab after us found it, just called my best friend and is meeting him later today to return it.

So I'm giving dude a bit of money as a thank you. Sooooo goood.

When I was in Germany in '00, I left my journal in a phone booth in Cologne. That was utterly depressing to lose - I'd written almost 400 pages about my trip - but a guy named Dagmar found it later and emailed my parents (thank god I'd put a 'if found please write' message in it) and then he mailed it to them.

I really do think most people are genuinely good caring folks....and the moral of the story is that, like JIB suggested, I should wear my cell phone on a string around my neck.

Spreading the good vibes around

G

with the exception of a few people, I think for the most part people are piece's of shit...

dicksherwood

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Watcher
There are good people everywhere. And I love crossing paths with them.

-Nick
It's all about Karma man, do something nice for someone and it comes right back atcha...love how that works

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Hard as it is to see sometimes, I honestly believe that our society is actually imporving all the time. I've personally lost my cell phone three times and my wallet twice. Well I still carry that cell phone and I just replaced the wallet because it was so abused.

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and everyone suddenly looks angry.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

Loopster

TRIBE Member
Humour AND faith in humanity!!

Not a bad start to a beautiful spring day :D

p.s. full agreement here ... the basic goodness of some people is just plain amazing. Plus - it's contagious ... definitely DOES make you want to share the warmth ...

p.p.s. make sure you use one of those multi-coloured strings that glows in the dark; that way you can entertain others while dancing & still keep your cell close at hand. ;)

ADT

TRIBE Member
the president of the McMaster student union dropped his palm pilot right in front of me once....

i was shopping for one...

i returned it to him anyway..

he barely thanked me...

i should have kept it...

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Loopster

p.p.s. make sure you use one of those multi-coloured strings that glows in the dark; that way you can entertain others while dancing & still keep your cell close at hand. ;)
Dont dance too hard though, you might knock yourself out with tha phone.

-Nick

OTIS

TRIBE Member
I think everyone has the capacity to be good, it's just that in larger societies it's unexpected behaviour because everyone is so preoccupied with 'surviving' that they forget how to be humans sometimes.

G

Originally posted by Loki God of Mischief
Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
Loki God of Mischief = Galactic Phantom

Loopster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OTIS
I think everyone has the capacity to be good, it's just that in larger societies it's unexpected behaviour because everyone is so preoccupied with 'surviving' that they forget how to be humans sometimes.
Not to mention - some people think being good = being uncool ...:rolleyes:

The key is to be good regardless of what this crazy world throws at you ... (my 2 cents, but I agree with Dicksherwood69 - you get what you put in, Baby!!!)

rentboy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ADT
the president of the McMaster student union dropped his palm pilot right in front of me once....

i was shopping for one...

i returned it to him anyway..

he barely thanked me...

i should have kept it...

nothing worse than unappreciative people...

G

Originally posted by Tearer

Loki God of Mischief = Galactic Phantom
Actully no!.

You can Icq me tonight and we can chat.

He is of a lesser being.

swenard

TRIBE Member
I found a ladies purse once. I drove more than 30minutes to drop it at her house. The lady yelled at me for going through her purse to find her address and for waking her up when I came to her house.

shawn

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I've "saved" a lost dog on the subway.
Returned 3 cell phones.
Stayed with an immigrant dude applying for a driver's licence (Mandarin is NOT my forte)
and other stuff. Having consideration for your fellow human beings is just natural, I think. I think everyone should be helpful with each other.

BUT! I've had:
my wallet stolen
my yearbook stolen
my walkman stolen
my video games stolen
and I was jumped by four guys with knives.

So it's sometimes a little hard to "keep the faith."

Loopster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by swenard
I found a ladies purse once. I drove more than 30minutes to drop it at her house. The lady yelled at me for going through her purse to find her address and for waking her up when I came to her house.
shawn
Well - proof positive, I suppose, that SOME people really do just plain suck. However, as per Tearer's experience (& lots others I've read on this site), there are (thankfully!) still a lot of true gems out there. It may be that they are few & far between, but that's why it's so great to see it firsthand. ;)

Rosey

TRIBE Member
i found a cell phone in the basement of turbo once, i called the first number on it and it turned out that it was the guy's buddy and he lived around the corner. he came over and got it.

but my faith in humanity is pretty much that people are disgusting, stupid, assholes. if they behave differently it challenges my faith.

G

Originally posted by Rosey

but my faith in humanity is pretty much that people are disgusting, stupid, assholes. if they behave differently it challenges my faith.
Have you read The Alchemist? Anyone feeling like the world is a cruel place should read it. I have a copy to lend if anyone wants to read it.

The basic premise of it is that everything will work out and people will conspire to help you along in life if you follow your dreams.

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
You know, I have no faith in humanity really.

I know the general population is not as good as they should be, but I have faith in myself that I can be the damn best me I can be and hope that people will see that and appreciate me for who I am.

It's almost a lead by example idea.

I do have faith that good people gravitate towards themselves though.

Be good and you will be surrounded by good people.

G

Originally posted by Tearer

Have you read The Alchemist? Anyone feeling like the world is a cruel place should read it. I have a copy to lend if anyone wants to read it.

The basic premise of it is that everything will work out and people will conspire to help you along in life if you follow your dreams.
the sad, sad optimist.

mingster

TRIBE Member
I've been struggling with this notion myself lately.

I often feel very frustrated at how people treat each other, and misunderstand each other. It makes me angry, but most of the time, it just makes me feel sad and helpless. People have told me not to worry aboutit, I can't do anything to change it. They are probably right.

Ming.