• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

F1 Racing

BAd Luck

TRIBE Member
OMFG! someone caught up with flex wing technology that McLaron, williams and redbull have used for the last two seasons!

mrfinesse

TRIBE Member
well, I fell asleep while watching the race yesterday night/this morning, but from what I remember, I dislike the new commentary guy. The guy tries to hype up the littlest things, and just seems fake man.

deep

TRIBE Member
Totally, yelling over and about everything. It's going to be a pain in the ass with Sky's coverage if this is what it's going to be like. I was like WTF they got rid of David Coulthard for this muppet? But I guess it was Brundle who left for Sky while Coulthard stayed at the Beeb. Shame really because I thought they were a top notch pairing.

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
Brundle/Coultard were an amazing pairing. I was always wondering when they would take that away from us. I really liked Jonathan Legard when he did the play by play and Brundle/Coulthard did the colour commentary. I think 2010 was the last year for that combo.

Anything is better than Speed's coverage. I am fairly certain that Matchett huffed way too much gasoline when was in the pits and Hobbs is just senile.

BAd Luck

TRIBE Member
race is on in five mins. It's like going back in time.
Kimi Raikonen v.s. M.Showshitter.

amazing that kimi got a six pole in a shitbox lotus? wtf?
If only he had a real car.

johnny B rad

TRIBE Member
Lovin' having Kimi back!

Really hope he and Shuey get some wins.

And everyone is right, Speed's announcers are terrible.

China next week....Should be interesting after a 3 week break

BAd Luck

TRIBE Member
Well...My fellow countryman Kimi, has still has to work on his personal skills. He had probs
with Ferrari for not being enough of a "showman". I understand, I'm a Finn and we don't
jump through hoops. Have a long running joke with some friends that if I ever won the
max millions and asked me to do to the " happy dance". I would have allready hired
two comfort zone girls to dance for me. fuck it i got 50 million I don't dance like a
hired monkey for anyone.

johnny B rad

TRIBE Member
Great race!

Shitty for Fernanodo as his tires just went to shit!

Crazy to see Roman and Perez up on the podium again. Its been a crazy year.

I don't know what happened with Kimi, he looked to be doing pretty good...

malcolm33

TRIBE Member
What the hell is going on with Button?
He couldn't get enough heat into the tires, so they tried a more extreme set-up... unfortunately, that set up was too aggressive and killed his rear tires in a matter of laps.

They're trying to find a balance with him, but with no testing these days, it's making their recovery rather slow.

Vise

TRIBE Member
As much as I enjoy watching F1 (every race, quali, and most of the practice sessions) I'm getting real tired of seeing Vettel beat everyone's brains in. If he doesn't win his 4th championship this year I'd be shocked.

Can't wait until the massive changes next season and hope we have something close to the competitiveness of 2007/2008 and even 2010.

Lurker

TRIBE Member
As much as I enjoy watching F1 (every race, quali, and most of the practice sessions) I'm getting real tired of seeing Vettel beat everyone's brains in. If he doesn't win his 4th championship this year I'd be shocked.

Can't wait until the massive changes next season and hope we have something close to the competitiveness of 2007/2008 and even 2010.
Agreed. There has been some great racing the past few seasons, but not always for the lead.

But ok, was the same during the Schu years, not that it makes it any better.

The new turbo era looks pretty promising. Will be even better with Honda in 2015

Vise

TRIBE Member
Yeah true enough... its still interesting enough to keep me hooked but having Vettel win another race by 10+ seconds isn't putting me on the edge of my seat.

As for the Schumie era, the only difference is I was a fan of his... :D

Lurker

TRIBE Member
:) He had a great run for sure.

I'd love to see him get back into sportscars, or even show up as a ringer in a Nurburgring 24 Hours team one year.

Too bad he's just disappeared, though some of his "racing ethics" left a lot to be desired.

Deserves his spot in history though

Vise

TRIBE Member
For sure, he certainly had some interesting moments from an ethics perspective. Mind you so did Senna... :D

It seems like a spot in DTM for Mercedes would be a great fit for him... but seriously, dude has more money than god so I get why he is just chilling. His return to F1 with Merc was disappointing to say the least, unfortunate that they have a half way decent car the year after he re-retires. If only they could sort out their race pace, they have qualifying locked down!

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
I'm going to Austin this year and hopefully we will see Mercedes give RBR a go, but I think that is unlikely based on the past few Grand Prixs.

Tough to watch one team so dominant again after the parity we have enjoyed.

Definitely looking forward to 2014 and the changes they will bring forward.

Lurker

TRIBE Member
For sure, he certainly had some interesting moments from an ethics perspective. Mind you so did Senna... :D

It seems like a spot in DTM for Mercedes would be a great fit for him... but seriously, dude has more money than god so I get why he is just chilling. His return to F1 with Merc was disappointing to say the least, unfortunate that they have a half way decent car the year after he re-retires. If only they could sort out their race pace, they have qualifying locked down!
Yeah, enough of the great champions of the modern-ish era also has some sketchy ethics from time to time: Prost, Senna, Mansell, Schu to name a few

I guess it's that extra will to win that made them great, but also almost puts an asterisk on their career too for some people

Vise

TRIBE Member
Yeah not sure about the asterisk part... look at what Vettel has done recently with his own teammate to ensure a few extra points. I think that hunger/drive to pushtthings over the limit is probably aa innate part of many champions DNA.

Aside from Kimi of course, dude seems fairly indifferent at the best of times. :D

I really want to get to Austin this year but might be running out of time to make it happen... my buddy is onboard conceptually but not sure he is ready for the $$$ required to make it happen the right way. We shall see.