• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

F1 Racing

Vise

TRIBE Member
Shitty that BMW is out but can't say it is a surprise... but in better news, holy shit! Schumi coming back!!

http://planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5460392,00.html

Schumacher to make F1 return
Wednesday 29th July 2009

Ferrari have confirmed seven-time World Champion Michael Schumacher will make a sensational return to Formula One to stand in for Felipe Massa for the rest of the season.

German driving legend Schumacher still works for Ferrari as an advisor, but after Massa's shocking injury in Hungary he will now get back behind the wheel once again.

Schumacher has some time to prepare as the F1 season takes a summer break, but he should once again line up on the grid at the European Grand Prix in Valencia on August 23.

"Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro intends to put Michael Schumacher in Felipe Massa's car until the Brazilian driver will be able to race again," Ferrari confirmed in a statement.

"Michael Schumacher said he is ready and, over the next few days, will undertake a specific training programme at the end of which confirmation will be given of his participation in the championship with effect from the European Grand Prix on the 23rd of August."

Schumacher admits loyalty played a big part in his decision to return.

"The most important thing first: thanks God, all news concerning Felipe are positive. I wish him all the best again," Schumacher said.

"I was meeting this afternoon with Stefano Domenicali and Luca di Montezemolo and together we decided that I will prepare myself to take the place of Felipe.

"Though it is true that the chapter Formula 1 has been closed for me since long and completely, it is also true that for loyalty reasons to the team I cannot ignore that unfortunate situation. But as the competitor I am, I also very much look forward to facing this challenge."

johnny B rad

TRIBE Member
Just got home from Italy and the Monza GP!!!

What a fantastic atmosphere, I've never seen so much red in my life. The Italian fans are awesome and just the train ride from Milan to Monza was incredible. Everyone was drinking on the train and passing bottles to anyone the wasn't drinking. So many airhorns and megaphones. Got to meet Nico Rosberg! Did the pit lane walk on thursday as well. Raikkonen finished 3rd after Hamilton crashed on the last lap. The place went nuts for Rubens's first win in a long time.

deep

TRIBE Member
Lucky bastard. The race weather and vibe seemed great, not to mention the action itself

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

BAd Luck

TRIBE Member
Great for a veteran like Button to win the championship, after sooo many years driving shitbox's. And I also would have liked Mark Webber to have won for the same reason.
Great work guys! That finishing race was fucking sick! That track cost 50 BILLION dollars.
including the ferrari theme park with two rollercoasters.
Interesting year next year now that masa is out and raikonen is suspect and Rosberg just quit williams without a new sponser...
could be a good year next year.
*and fuck louis hamilton untill his blood is ass lube...prick.*

kirstenmeows

TRIBE Member
F1 Returns to Montreal

An agreement was reached between Canada, Quebec, the Montreal Department of Tourism, and the City of Montreal to bring the racing event back to Montreal on June 13.

The various parties have agreed to pay $15 million over the next five years in exchange for 30% of profits from ticket sales.

The cost of hosting the race will be shared between four main players. $5 million will come from Ottawa as federal funds, Montreal Tourism will match the federal dollars, Quebec will put in $4 million, and the city of Montreal will give the final million. All parties agreed that they made a good investment given the financial impact of tourism and Grand Prix week in Montreal.

The event generates roughly $89 million and also contributes to around 75 000 overnight stays in the city's hotels.

In addition to the financial rewards of hosting the race, Canada's motorsport fans will be happy with the news.

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
I'm very excited to go back to Montreal for the race next year. It's good news for the city and for the sport in general amidst Bernie's hard-on for everything east of Hungary.

I wonder if the estimated $89 million in economic benefits for Montreal takes into account the extra tips for strippers that weekend?

Lurker

TRIBE Member
Hopefully the track doesn't fall apart again like it did in the previous few seasons they held the race there.

It's a great atmosphere though. Glad to hear it's back.

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
Jamaica Gleaner News - Schumacher returns to F1 - Sport - Thursday | December 24, 2009

BERLIN (AP):

A record seven world championships just wasn't enough for Michael Schumacher. The German announced his return to Formula One racing yesterday, ending three years in retirement to drive for the Mercedes team in 2010. Schumacher, who turns 41 on January 3, said there is no reason he can't win an eighth drivers' title.

"What do you expect?" he said. "I have won it seven times. I'm now with the team that won both titles last year. We have on top Mercedes as a partner and team owner. So you cannot expect anything else than to go for the world championship, and that's what we're aiming for."

Schumacher, who will partner with Nico Rosberg in an all-German team for the 2010 season, said he and Mercedes are in discussions about a deal through the 2012 season.

"We are talking about a three-year deal. It's not a one-off thing," Schumacher said. "We are looking for some continuation."

Financial terms were not disclosed, but Germany's Bild daily - which first broke news of the deal - reported that Schumacher would earn €7 million (US$10 million) under an initial one-year contract.

Schumacher competed in 249 F1 races from 1991-2006 with Jordan, Benetton and Ferrari. He won the F1 Drivers' Championship in 1994 and 1995 and five straight years from 2000-2004. He set records with 91 race wins and several other milestones in the sport which still stand.

johnny B rad

TRIBE Member
Is it March yet?

Excited for the 2010 season. A few new teams, a lot of new names and some bad ass looking new cars. The mercedes looks fackin' sick. Check out the new cars at f1.com

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
I'm thinking about sneaking to Montreal to see the race. I went to the 2003 and 2004 race.....I'd love to go again.

Vettel is the idiot.

Vise

TRIBE Member
I'll be in Montreal this year for the race (finally!), snagged some sweet tickets at the hairpin. Can't wait.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

johnny B rad

TRIBE Member
Wish I was going next weekend, but gotta work and have little cash. It should be a great race, the hairpin is sick.
At least I got to go to Monza last year. Awesome!

BAd Luck

TRIBE Member
A fair conclusion to the season. My heart strings were really with Webber (per the rumours of his retirement next year). RedBull team management and Ferrari team REALLY
fucked Alonso and Weber over BAD. If the strategy was to pit early, why not when the
pace care was out? There is no excuse for the third and forth poll drivers to end up in
eighth and nineth spots on the track stuck behind hard young drivers like petrov. The
rusult is fair, Vettel did what needed to be done when it mattered, he exhibited great
charm,charactor, and a lot of humbling at his own achievement.
His crying on the victory lap just learning he had won the drivers championship was
awesome. Even I had some kind of allergic attack that made my eyes water.

malcolm33

TRIBE Member
Wow... I'm a new member on Tribe.... Came here for the techno, was pleasantly surprised to see an F1 thread... then amazed to see references to "turn 2" (I assume Mosport), BARC (I was a member for a few years) and a few other details... :-D

Back on topic... I thought it was an awesome season. I have to admit I was rooting for Webber, until the last three races. A dumb mistake in Korea... not pushing hard enough in Brazil (ok, he had a hot engine... but I still think he could have tried harder)... and then throughout the Abu Dhabi weekend, as Luca de Montezemolo likes to put it, his brother showed up and stepped in the car for the weekend.

That being said, in the last part of the last GP, I was happy for Vettel to win it, and very happy that Alonso couldn't get past a pay-driver!

Can't wait for 2011... should be VERY interesting without the double-diffusers, F-Ducts and the unfortunate, gimmicky adjustable rear wing. The Pirellis should be fun to see as well!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories