• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Eye Cream

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
so, i just went in to MAC and found out that their Moisture Feed eye cream has been discontinued. :mad: therefore, i am in the market for a new product. i'm looking for something that is in the $30 - 35 price range and my main concern is moisturizing. i'm not worried about dark circles or puffiness or anti-aging or anything like that. also, i hate gel eye creams! i've tried Kiehl's avocado one and i don't like it cos it's too rich for my skin. i'm thinking of getting the Bliss All Around eye cream cos i had a sample from Sephora and i liked it (and it's only $29!)

does anyone have any other recommendations? :)

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
I have no suggestions, but I do have a question so I hope you wont mind if inquire in your thread since its about eye creams!
So like the top part of my eyelids are really starting to droop over the bottom part thats like over my eyeball (know what i mean?), maybe they were always like that, but I have seriously noticed now in my old age, its seriously bugging me and i have already come to the conclusion that I am gonna need an eye lift of some sort - is there some kind of miracle eye cream i can buy that will make my eyes stop drooping, if they fall down any lower, they may cover my eyeballs altogether and then I will be blind.
thank you.

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
mandapanda, you could try this:

Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream

Very light weight, and may be what your looking for. A little cheaper then you had suggested at $18.00 but you can test the lotion on your hand in store.

They also have a Vitamin C eye product as well, but it is revitalizing and you mentioned that your main concern is moisturizing.

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
I was just given kiels abbysine eye cream as a gift. I love it!!! but i know kiehls products are definetly on the expensive side.

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
oooh i love the abbysine (got a sample of it in the summer) but i refuse to spend $50ish on such a small amount of product!

perhaps i will visit the body shop and check out that vitamin e stuff. i'm all about paying less money if it's a decent product! :)

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

TribeLurkerGrrl

TRIBE Member
Can anyone recommend an eye cream that is good with dark circles? I've been told that nothing really works, despite claims on the packaging. Anyone find anything that helps?

mingster

TRIBE Member
dark circles are treatable depending on the cause (fatigue, skin tone, genetics), so you might have success with treatment, or not. but it's certainly worth a shot.

neostrata makes a vitamin k serum that comes in capsules. it works for me. it's a little pricey ($35~); i use half a capsule a night. spread it thinly on the dark areas of your bottom lid, and never go too close to your tear ducts.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

SellyCat

TRIBE Member
Okay, I totally got in here by accident....

and

Preparation H is--apparantly--very effective for circles and bags. It shrinks the skin cells. Lots of celebrities use it, including Conan O'Brien...he even did a show about it, where they handed out tubes to everyone in the audience. He says he swears by it. According to him, you just rub it under your eye before going to sleep...says he does it every night.

kmac

TRIBE Member
The prep H works with bags... put some on in the morning, wait, wipe, then put on makeup... but it reeks. The smell of ointment makes me gag. Hell, even the word "ointment" makes me gag.

I've been using an eye cream by Evian (much cheaper that what I used before) for a while and I like the coverage and texture. My concealer goes on smoothly after I put it on.