1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Express Vu vs Rogers Cable

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Magnolia Fan, Aug 30, 2003.

1. Magnolia Fan

Magnolia Fan TRIBE Member

Which is better, I'm trying decide which to get, but I can't figure out whats the better deal? What works better? Which has less hassles... etc.

2. Rogers Cable is beginning to piss me off a bit.

My bill monthly is just over a $100.

3. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

likewise HS. Paying over 100 bucks a month for T V with commercials is just insane.

4. rejenerate

rejenerate TRIBE Member

What did you order? I have the $110 package but it includes high-speed internet.

Mine's not working right today...the guide's not functioning and it says "no data" for every channel. Is this happening to anyone else?

~jen

5. I have the digital cable with the films package (Showcase Action and Diva, IFC, Scream! and Drive In TV), Lifestyle package (Sex TV and a few other channels) and the Music package (MTV Canada, BPM TV and a few other channels).'

What irritates me most about Digital Cable is that they force you to buy packages, since buying two or more channels adds up to more than buying a package outright. There are a few channels that I haven't watched in the two plus years that I've had it.

Most of the time now, I simply watch the TMN channels or the film package channels.

6. Yep. And last night it kept going down.

7. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

My Roger's bill is about $150 per month (including high-speed Internet), and I only subscribe to 10 of the digital channels, not the full package.

Part of the reason for the high price is that I have an HDTV unit, and also I have to pay for a decoder for a second TV in the condo.

I only chose it because I cannot have a satellite dish installed in my condo. I would have looked into it as an option, had it been possible for me to isntall a dish outside on my balcony.

Cheers ... Ian :)

8. djcheezwhiz

djcheezwhiz TRIBE Member

get a roommate who works for rogers :) ... unbelievable deal...

jc

ps basic cable (ie tsn,much,showcase etc) , was enough for my tastes...i don't really need all these channels that i now have...but i'm not complaining :)