• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Explosion @ Yonge and Bloor Timmy's kills 1 person

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
toronto star said:
"There's been nothing to suggest any type of terrorist activity," he said. "Absolutely."

except for the bomb, the dead body and, you know, all the resulting terror that resulted from those things.

Staff Sgt. Don Cole said about the only thing police knew for sure was that something caught fire.

"He's not a strap-on Al Qaeda bomber guy," Cole said.

"It's not something that just blew up by itself, it was some device."

geez, is this really the best spokeperson the toronto cops could find?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

alcid

TRIBE Member
that article's hilarious for 2 reasons:
1) some guy named only "jackson" who was sleeping in the middle of the day, and
2) use of the word "tenterhooks"

123fakest

TRIBE Member
lol. i think the cops just wanted to blow some stuff up...

"We got a call about 3 p.m." about the Yonge and Lawrence incident, Blair said, but police found only a yellow shopping bag containing an alarm clock.

Taking no chances, they blew it up with a concussion charge.

At one point, a black, wheeled suitcase, found beside a garbage bin at the corner of Yonge and Cumberland Sts., was blown up by the bomb squad.

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
"I get coffee there all the time," said the 37-year-old, who came down to look at the scene after hearing about the explosion on the news.

"It's terrifying. I could have easily been there when it happened," she said. "Really, it makes you question your beliefs, you think you're safe walking around on a Sunday afternoon."

As she spoke, a car honked its horn, and she jumps.

This is so hilarious.

I just want to tell her "omg I hope you're ok!" in the most sarcastic fashion imaginable.

I'd love to get into the paper in the same way. "It hits so close to home, ya know? I often stop by that Tim Hortons to take a big dump on the way to work. If I'd been in the shitter next to this guy I could have died too! It really makes you think..."

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

jebac

TRIBE Member
Did you hear?

A terrorist blew up a Tim Hortons yesturday.

Stephen Harper loves Tim Hortons coffee.

Is Stephen Harper working in collaboration with the terrorists?

We don't know.

He's not telling us.

-jebac

Vincent Vega

TRIBE Member
Subsonic Chronic said:
This is so hilarious.

I just want to tell her "omg I hope you're ok!" in the most sarcastic fashion imaginable.

These "person in the street" interviews make me weep for humanity. I honestly believe reporters have a secret agreement amongst themselves to find the dumbest, most knuckle-dragging, slack-jawed idiots and wait for the inevitable "man....it really makes you think eh?" comments to start pouring from their stupid faces.

I also love how that wicked piece of investigative reporting by The Star was credited to FOUR reporters AND the Star's wire services!!

deep

TRIBE Member
Vincent Vega said:
These "person in the street" interviews make me weep for humanity. I honestly believe reporters have a secret agreement amongst themselves to find the dumbest, most knuckle-dragging, slack-jawed idiots and wait for the inevitable "man....it really makes you think eh?" comments to start pouring from their stupid faces.

ahahaha

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
I've read the Star article a couple of times and each time it gets worse.

Is this seriously what passes for journalism these days? It's like they're not even trying anymore!

mutslaster

TRIBE Member
i had to go to starbucks for my coffee this morning b/c the tim's is closed.
this is like totally affecting my life.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Hah, speaking of that. I especailly love how the preliminary articles get away with repeating the same info 8 times.

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
OTIS said:
Hah, speaking of that. I especailly love how the preliminary articles get away with repeating the same info 8 times.
You should of seen the news last night, it talked about it for like 10 minutes...

going into detail how they speculated it might be terrorism, brought in the bomb crew, blew the fuck out of a duffle bag, shut down another timmies that had a suspicious bag aswell, interviewed a bunch of people making it look like it was the end of the world, and then talk to the Police in charge, and he said "We dont think it's terrorism, but we aren't sure what happened"

Funny how the first 9 minutes of the report was just attempting to induce fear, and only the last minute disproves any reason for fear, and close the report with no real information.

mutslaster

TRIBE Member
there's a whole bunch of news camera crews just hovering around the closed tim horton's. i don't know what the shit they are waiting for.

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
The Watcher said:
You should of seen the news last night, it talked about it for like 10 minutes...

going into detail how they speculated it might be terrorism, brought in the bomb crew, blew the fuck out of a duffle bag, shut down another timmies that had a suspicious bag aswell, interviewed a bunch of people making it look like it was the end of the world, and then talk to the Police in charge, and he said "We dont think it's terrorism, but we aren't sure what happened"

Funny how the first 9 minutes of the report was just attempting to induce fear, and only the last minute disproves any reason for fear, and close the report with no real information.

Stephen Harper is taking a page from the George Bush Terror Media School. That's what they were discussing in Mexico. The dead guy in the bathroom was Kim Campbell in drag taking one for the team.

acheron

TRIBE Member
there's a whole bunch of news camera crews just hovering around the closed tim horton's. i don't know what the shit they are waiting for.

another bomb/fire, no doubt. Either that, or the 'courageous return to the war zone/workplace by hardened employees..."

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
acheron said:
another bomb/fire, no doubt. Either that, or the 'courageous return to the war zone/workplace by hardened employees..."

haha... "it's difficult, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared to go back, but we just have to get on with our lives, you know?"

SweatyNuts

TRIBE Member
cheers to all the courageous folk who went into their local timmy's for a coffee this morning. the illusion of safety we coffee drinkers have clung to for so long has finally been put to question, and it appears the bubble has burst. while it has been speculated for years, it is now quite clear that COFFEE SHOPS HARBOUR TERRORISM. for everyone's safety, if you MUST buy a coffee, for the love of god PLEASE get your coffee to go... don't spend any longer inside than you need to.

the sky is falling people, and for some reason coffee drinkers have been chosen as a target. i don't know about you guys, but i for one am not going down without a fight.

semper fi.