• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

evil vs evil

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
we have two avenues to explore here.

the first being that of awareness of ill intent against humanity

and then the indifference, lack of awareness, and the accountability in not helping your fellow man.

who would believe to be a more real threat to society as a whole.

on one hand, we have a PERSON of ILL REPUTE.
they are aware of their need to hurt, and feed off those weaker than they, but they are actually aware of it, and do have a sense of accountability, what the consequences may be, and they are very much aware as they are the TOOL that this flows through.

on the other hand, you have someone being murdered in the st, but thare are people everyhwere around them, they are crying out for help, but because THIS indifference exists, they choose not to help, lest they be hurt themlselves.
this indifference while it is not directly related, can easily pose a much larger problem.

those who will openly COMMIT the crimes, are much fewer then those that dont.

but if you count yourself among the GOOD of mankind.

would you help the person on the st, knowing you may be killed yourself? or will you walk away?
and if you do, will you truly understand the consequences of your actions?

IS the indifference of GOOD people, a potentially larger source of evil? that breeds what we see in this example.

or do the ones aware of their CRUEL nature out weigh the indifference.?

-glycht

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Syntax Error

Well-Known TRIBEr
Zanthor tells me He is pleased with this thread. He has given his permission for any and all to post in it. we can only hope to live up to His ever increasing expectations.

ALL HAIL ZANTHOR!!

Funzo

TRIBE Member
Is Zanthor something to do with scientology?

For the record Evil always wins, goodnessis nothing but a bunch of pussies!

Trust, I used to be good.

Also openly commiting crimes (on a mass scale) is the only way to get laws re-written, social distortion changes things, not every one following the rules like stupid sheep following one another (or the sheppard).

Ok I'm rambling.

dlerium88

TRIBE Member
Well consideing from a social psychologists point of views the range of factors involved in helping mechanisms (ie the ones where you go out of your way to help someone) are more situation specific than personality specific I dont know if Id say the second defines a type of evil at all.

Albeit there are personality specific variables involved, but those are usually on the side of helping rather than abstaining from aid.

mah 2 cents.

Ritika <--- wow look at that msn is working again ;)

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by dlerium88
Well consideing from a social psychologists point of views the range of factors involved in helping mechanisms (ie the ones where you go out of your way to help someone) are more situation specific than personality specific I dont know if Id say the second defines a type of evil at all.

Albeit there are personality specific variables involved, but those are usually on the side of helping rather than abstaining from aid.

mah 2 cents.

Ritika <--- wow look at that msn is working again ;)

not based upon a stated set of variables, its not situations that you have the ability and time to analyze.

you are presented with a choice, do you help someone in need, therefore, not falling prey to this form of evil, or do you walk away, and perpetuate a selfishness that can breed complacency, and desensitzation?

the situation isnt what were talking about, were talking about the INDIVIDUALS singualr reaCtion, and thE choice they make, without having the ability to stuDy it and plan there best avenue of attack.

-glycht

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

dlerium88

TRIBE Member
I think you missed my point. There's been a lot of research showing that this choice, of whether to aid an individual in need, which usually has to be made in a split second relies on environmental cues as to how to respond. YOu don't usually have the time to sit and analyse anything, but your automatic reaction has been shown to be more dependant on the situational factors, rather than being a choice made by the individual.

I can find some examples if you'd like...but really as much as we'd all like to believe that we are in complete control of our actions , they are in fact more dependant on for example heuristics or other short-cuts for cognitions rather than actual planned rationalizations.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by dlerium88
I think you missed my point. There's been a lot of research showing that this choice, of whether to aid an individual in need, which usually has to be made in a split second relies on environmental cues as to how to respond. YOu don't usually have the time to sit and analyse anything, but your automatic reaction has been shown to be more dependant on the situational factors, rather than being a choice made by the individual.

I can find some examples if you'd like...but really as much as we'd all like to believe that we are in complete control of our actions , they are in fact more dependant on for example heuristics or other short-cuts for cognitions rather than actual planned rationalizations.

i think that in this case, the conditioning, or cognitive behaviour, is indicitive of how they are brought up, the way they are taught to treat other people and the value placed on life in any form, rather than singular self preservation.

we live in a selfish society, and its getting more so every day.

and if you beleive yourself capable of doing such things, and helping, whats to stop you but your own inner voice questioning the wisdon of helping a human being you dont know.

if you dont know them, its not as bad, its like seeing roadkill, maybe a bit worse, but because yo can effectively disassociate yourslef from this, that is still falling prey to this selfishness.

DO YOU believe in yourself you POSESS THIS was my question...

you can beleive what you want about others, but can you garuntee your right about them?

-glycht

do you posess the constitution to take it as far as you can?

wayne kenoff

TRIBE Member
my answer is this:

1. there's a few 'evil' people around
2. there are many hundred times more apathetic/ignorant but well-intentioned people (everybody is guilty of it sometimes)

the damage caused by #2 is much greater, because it's so much more common