• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Everything's cool in Madrid...

Finch

TRIBE Member
So here I am - In Madrid.

Thought I'd post so everyone knows I made it here without dying, or something. *grins*

Nice and warm...wonderful sun. Lunch at 2 in the afternoon...dinner at 11 in the evening, and the parties don't even start until 1 or 2 in the morning.

Smiley Jo, who's also having a blast here so far, seems to have eaten something a bit off-colour recently, and it asleep in bed with a tad of food poisoning. But I'm taking good care of her, honest.

The clubs here, though a bit behind music-wise, are filled with the most amazingly friendly people, who are all in the mood to get totally funk-ee and party until the afternoon the next day.

Was very lucky to bump into a cool dude called Cruz, who is dating an American here, and they are showing us around a bit and helping us get into trouble. Oh yeah.

Miss you all terribly, however, and my records also - but I'll be back before you can say "Catalunya F1 race". Which we're hoping to catch on our way out of the country.

Eclipze - E-mail my ass if you have a chance...djfinch416@hotmail.com.

5:30...time for an afternoon siesta.

VIVA!

Finch.

P.S. The RedBull here is _much_ better.

Finch

TRIBE Member
^^^^^^^^^

WHAT!?

I trust you with my show, and this is how you repay me?

Oh, say hi to Remo for me, hrm?

Finch.

deep

TRIBE Member
Skip the red bull and see if you can find something called Vitalise

SO much better...it's green citrusy stuff instead of red bull's incense flavoured stuff

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
I was just in Madrid over the christmas holidays,and it was grande.

Things to check out:

La Vaca Argentinia: Great semi-upscale restaurant in the Plaza Mayor. GREAT FOOD!! When you get off the Mayor metro stop you'll see a cinema in front of you to the left a bit. The restaurant is just to the left of it, just past the cinema. The tapas here are great, and its swank enough to impress the other sex.

Discorder Records: Prolly the best record shop in Madrid, and the hardest to find. Get off the metro at Mayor head up the stairs and take a right. Go up a side street to Mayor St. then head towards the Plaza De San Miguel. The door is on the side of a bank building, and the only sign is a little brass Discorder logo. You have to be buzzed in. The owner is great and speaks some english, his knowledge of music is impeccable. For better directions check www.discordernet.com

Reina Sofia Gallery: If you check one art gallery in Madrid you have to go here!! Picasso's "Guernica" is now hanging freely (without glass in front of it). It is truly a spectacle! Not to mention all the other great works of modern art there, though when I was there most of the Ernst paintings were on loan :( This is truly one of the biggest collections of modern art I've ever seen. Its pretty easy to find, its in the musem district, just ask any McDonald's employee and they should be able to direct you.

There are sooo many great art galleries in Madrid its not funny. We spent 4 days just browsing gallleries and museums.

I can't say much about the club scene, there is no techno in Madrid, just house and prog. If you want techno you will have to travel to the provinces, or Barcelona.

Have a great time!!

Hasta luego
[odd]?[io]

nusty

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by deep
Skip the red bull and see if you can find something called Vitalise

SO much better...it's green citrusy stuff instead of red bull's incense flavoured stuff

Does 'after shock' exist over here?

Either way, I'd love to have some and I'd love to have it in large amounts in Spain!

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by nusty

Does 'after shock' exist over here?

Either way, I'd love to have some and I'd love to have it in large amounts in Spain!

After Shock? Dunno about that one. Wine and sangria flow like water, and when in rome...or spain rather

Finch

TRIBE Member
Thanks for the great info Oddmyth - I haven't checked out that shop yet, and I will when I hit the Gran Via tomorrow to get Smiley Jo some shoes.

I'll check that other shit out Deep...want me to bring you back some? *brow*

S&H, e-mail Dr.Kucho and Wally Lopez's phone number to me, and I'll get them both smashed for you. *grins* By the way, if either of you sent me mail recently, my e-mail's fucked ATM - so use djfinch416@hotmail.com instead.

Can I get some guestlist action for the first Friday in May at element, too? I miss it already.

BTW, Oddmyth, I'm going to be in Barcellona on Saturday, so I could catch a bit of clubbing if you have a suggestion...I'm there to catch the F1 race for the most part, in Montmeló, mostly, but I could always get side-tracked. *grins* E-mail me if you have any suggestions, and I'd much appriciate it.

See y'all soon!

Finch.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

discodancer_j

TRIBE Member
hewo

it's good to see you two are still kickin' it and having fun...

lol@saying hi to Wally Lopez....come on Finch i know they must have something you can bring back to our dancefloors...

hugz baby....to Jo too... :)

janICE:>
ps-a big hi from P....