• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

ever wanted to be on a decorating show??

salad

TRIBE Member
Sounds interesting. I am just about to do a whole bunch of renovations. The timing would be perfect. Although, I am not sure what is in it for me. They don't mention that you get any compensation. It sounds like you pay for the materials and they assist you by telling you want to do. Maybe I'll just stick with my plan of hiring professionals.

kuba

TRIBE Member
salad said:
Sounds interesting. I am just about to do a whole bunch of renovations. The timing would be perfect. Although, I am not sure what is in it for me. They don't mention that you get any compensation. It sounds like you pay for the materials and they assist you by telling you want to do. Maybe I'll just stick with my plan of hiring professionals.
Probably not a bad idea, but if you get the right person from a show you like, it might end up better than the professional.

Who knows about the pro you hire, but you know for sure that the people on TV will be well-qualified.

You don't get any compensation. Usually you have to pay out of your own pocket for this.

(read the fine print per show)

DUKE

Are you / were you the dj who had his room madeover or something, on one of the Life shows?

KiFe

TRIBE Member
salad said:

Are you "god warrior" enough to step up to the plate?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

sugar

TRIBE Member
Adam Duke said:
been there, done that.
I remember spotting you on that show! For the life of me I can't remember the name of it, but it has the two gay guys, one of whom is the sexy latin lover type, and they were redesigning the back deck.

rhyss

TRIBE Member
My friend just was on rooms that rock. Her daughter has leukemia and had asked for her room to be done by the Make a wish Foundation.

She has a great time with it.

Not my cup of tea though. I don't know what I would do with a pink room.

DJ Doublecross

TRIBE Member
And if you manage to get on My Parents' House, you get to work with me!

It's actually a lot of fun for the people involved. All the shows have pretty specific requirements for what they want though.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
My friend was on the HGTV decorating game show. Won. It took six months to get her bloody fireplace..

I was on. You saw my butt as I went up to hug her at the end.. LOL
She had fun :D

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
I had friends on a show like this (can't for the life of me remember the name of it) and they had their lives turned upside down for a few days while everything got decorated, and they ended up not being able to keep the furniture (were willing to pay for it even, but something happened and they took it away).

So they ended up with a fucking horrible non-matching paint job (thick green and beige stripes) in their living room.

It was so stupid.

salad

TRIBE Member
kuba said:
Probably not a bad idea, but if you get the right person from a show you like, it might end up better than the professional.

Who knows about the pro you hire, but you know for sure that the people on TV will be well-qualified.

You don't get any compensation. Usually you have to pay out of your own pocket for this.
The decorator I would probably trust. But it sounds like they make you do the painting and laying of hardwood, etc yourself. Which means that it is not a professional job. There are no tradesmen doing the work.

Thinking about it further, I don't really think it is worth it if there is no compensation. Basically, I would have to do the work myself (which I don't want to) AND use up 3 vacation days from work to do the shooting. I might as well just hire an interior decorator.

That's it! I'm off the show!