• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Events that get out an "older crowd"?

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
Hey gang, are there any events that pull out an older crowd here in the city? I miss getting out and dancing the night away but don't feel like being surrounded by a bunch of sketched out kids. Like thirty somethings...
G.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

depraved

TRIBE Member
Hey gang, are there any events that pull out an older crowd here in the city? I miss getting out and dancing the night away but don't feel like being surrounded by a bunch of sketched out kids. Like thirty somethings...
G.
i've always had good times at promise parties. no sketched out kiddies; just proper party ppl w/ proper party manners. great vibes, smiling faces, bouncin' beats...thumbs up/recommended :)

octo

TRIBE Member
christian smith and misstress barbara are at coda friday. that should pull some old heads. i kinda feel like going to that. one of my favourite techno mixes back in the day was by christian smith.

kink and hunee are headlining a party saturday. they have a "rave line" but i'd be shocked if it's anywhere other than 99 sudbury.

they pull a mixed crowd. lots of younger kids but a good amount of older heads.

Spinna is at revival the thursday of easter. that'll be older for sure

if you're having fun and dancing, who cares if there are people younger than you there?

cabal has events that pull older heads.

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
G.
so it's ok if they are older sketched out people?

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
lol...no don't want sketched out older people either:) Yeah I tell myself that it shouldn't bother me as long as I am having fun, and for the most part I am ok. But there is still some nagging thing in the back of my head that feels weird about it. Like everyone is looking at me wondering who brought their dad:) Anyway, can't help the way I feel so would be nice to find a older more mature party if they exist at all.

Beings

TRIBE Member
lol...no don't want sketched out older people either:) Yeah I tell myself that it shouldn't bother me as long as I am having fun, and for the most part I am ok. But there is still some nagging thing in the back of my head that feels weird about it. Like everyone is looking at me wondering who brought their dad:) Anyway, can't help the way I feel so would be nice to find a older more mature party if they exist at all.

I think it is all in your head. I am 32 and I still go out dancing religiously. I see people waaaay older than me quite often, and they are having fun. Yes there would be an occasional night, when friends would drag you to guv (rip), and you'd find looking to the left and to the right and it is a sea of 17 years olds with fake IDs chewing their faces off. That sobers you up fairly quickly. Just don't go to all age candy kid events in a trench coat, just standing there in a soup of kids and no one will give you looks. There are 40 years olds dancing at Coda almost always.

Side note, I find club going age group in Montreal is much older than here. Median age at BEB last year had to be like 35 lol. Same goes for all the Stereo and Circus parties i've been to.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
how the fuck old do you look? and what kinds of parties are you going to that ppl are scoping the audience to make sure no old timers are there?