• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Events, Happenings and Things to do In and Around Toronto

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
Just thought we could make a thread for things to do in toronto.
Not for clubs and parties, but those lessor known things that are going on in the city week to week that you may wish to check out.

Perhaps you saw a sign for something as you walked by a building, perhaps you read it on a website, perhaps you are involved in it.

Exhibits, Things to do with the kids, Tours, Fairs, Theatre, Boat shows, Walking tours, Antique Auctions, Afternoon Teas, Hoedowns, whatever...stuff like that.

so if you know of something going on in the city, let us know, those you least expect may be interest in going.;)

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
I fell across this today.
The Elgin and Winter Garden Theatre is having Free Tours this week in honour of the 100th anniversary.

Year-round guided tours of this National Historic Site – the last operating double-decker theatre in the world – last for 1½ hours and recount the history and restoration of the complex. Visit the original and new lobbies, the elegant Elgin Theatre, the unique and resplendent Winter Garden Theatre and samples from the world’s largest collection of vaudeville scenery. As well, a backstage exhibit housing the Winter Garden’s original Simplex Silent Film Projector and a dressing room containing artifacts from the time period are on view

Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 11 a.m.
Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 5 p.m.
Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 5 p.m.
Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 5 p.m.
Saturday, February 23, 2013 at 11 a.m.

Cost: Free during Heritage Week (February 18-24, 2013). No reservations required.
Ontario Heritage Trust - The Elgin and Winter Garden Theatre Centre - Home

Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

rawd

TRIBE Member
Currently any Raptor game... the vibe at the games are so much fun these days, lots of new players and expectations, high flying dunks... I've never been to so many home games in one year before

Last edited:

MoFo

TRIBE Member
DG, great idea. And cheap and free things would be much appreciated.

Patti Smith is showing her photographs at the AGO right now. I think it's like $19 though but find someone with a membership. Not sure if it's included in the free evenings on Wednesday. Doubt it.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MoFo

TRIBE Member
DG, most museums have a free night or a discounted night. Power Plant, ROM, Gardiner... The disadvantage is the crowds but I find if there's a big exhibit, it's always kinda crowded anyway.

They also have cheap social evenings now with music and booze. If anyone has that on their radar, definitely post that.

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
Power plant n gardiner musuem? What on earth are those?

Yeh id like to go to one of those social night things.

peko

TRIBE Member
Power plant n gardiner musuem? What on earth are those?

Yeh id like to go to one of those social night things.
The Gardiner Museum is the ceramic and textile museum, located across Queens Park Ave., from the ROM (beside Victoria College Campus). The perfect place for a tea party!

Retail Exhibition: The Artful Teapot

They offer drop in pottery lesson on Sundays and Wednesday evenings, offer half price Friday evenings, plus host cool events with food by Jamie Kennedy.

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
I went by on my home from the theatre too, it wasnt particularly exciting, and it was full of asian people blocking the paths taking pictures and stupid baby strollers. would be better to go by in the evening when theres no people. they did have crepes tho.

I did go to the free tour of the Elgin Winter Garden. that was actually really cool, I never knew it was actually 2 theatres, one on top of the other. its beautiful in there, Im sure i must have been in there at some point but I didnt remember it, and ive definately never been in the winter garden. unfortunately we didnt get to go backstage and see stuff back there like we were supposed to cause waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many people showed up for the tour, it was packed, so there were too many of us to take back there. I was a bit bummed about that :( I thought it was really cool and interesting tho, certainly for one like me that likes theatre, history and architecture. Im definately glad I got my ass up and out this morning to go.

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
Gotta keep this thread on the main page.

What are some fun activities for spring?

For the summer i think i'm going to do a couple day trips and do some hiking on my own. If anyone knows of some good trails, please let me know. I've done a couple (Bruce trail and somewhere up near Peterborough).

Need some ideas/inspiration!