• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Event Reviews

greginhali

TRIBE Member
I miss reading event reviews. If I couldnt make it, I sure did like reading first hand accounts of people that lived it. Clearly its dead in here. Could you point me to a couple of alive pages where you can read a decent account of a night in toronto?

Love to hear about small shows to the big stuff. Do they do concert reviews on reddit?

g

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
The only reviews i bother with anymore here near Toronto, is Exclaim, and friends' posts on FB. I go to Setlist.fm to see what was played. i usually don't bother looking for shaky Youtube videos of the gig...i wasn't there, so it sucks to be me.
fucking sad how low and non existent this entire room has become.
it used to be fun. this has nothing to do with getting older. people just don't give a fuck anymore.

this is one of a half dozen rooms that could disappear and no one would even care for a month.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
I used to post a shit load of Event reviews. But the scene went to shit.

It's not even worth it. More likely the shit comes back at you, rather than going forward. So it's pointless.

It's purely run by dickwads, right now.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
the scene didn't go to shit...people thinking about posting reviews didn't feel like getting torn to shreds saying they had a good time when someone comes along and says it's the worst party they've ever been to.
then we had fights about what was good, and bad.
i think That's The Issue.
and, Facebook has torn this Alexd Tribe thing to shreds, and he knows it.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Do you still run things ?
No I'm a spectator now. I've given it all up. What's the use. Not that I ever really "ran things". lol

I'm not going to push things, just be a jaded motherfucker. I gave my love, and I got shit on. So it's better for my health to just not care.

Someone said that one day.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
I'm sitting on a giant load of material I'd love to let loose. But I've always said I need a sound engineer. I'm completely serious.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
you are the thread ender.
if you're throwing parties, then the very simple and followed rule is, don't prop up your party. if the party was dope, you'll see it.

TONS of dj's have passed through Toronto over the past couple years, but the event reviews have been shite.

So...old people can't be bothered to write a few lines about said party, or...
thee is no or.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
alexd's reviewed more of his whateverthefuk events you call it with that magneetometer he uses in the water than ANY of us have reviewed ANY of the dope parties that have happened in years here in Toronto.
That's fucking sad.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Alex D's already reviewed more than enough of all us combined. He's too busy in his old age finding gold.

I think he rely's on us to fill him in now.

This ain't no solid gold here. Disco flare. He puts up with all of our crap.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
you are the thread ender.
if you're throwing parties, then the very simple and followed rule is, don't prop up your party. if the party was dope, you'll see it.
I definitely ain't someone who throws parties, or gets my music out, I'm simply a student of it.

Nothing more. It's at a precipice though, now. Who's going to take the lead.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
I wouldn't even be so infatuated with Techno if it weren't for folks like AlexD.

It really is something else.

technics1200technics1200technics1200

greginhali

TRIBE Member
I'm sitting on a giant load of material I'd love to let loose. But I've always said I need a sound engineer. I'm completely serious.
I wish you would shut the fuck up. I asked a simple question. I dont want to hear your retard ramblings. Make your own post, but dont fuck up a simple question with your stupid ass thoughts. People are sick of you. Dont you get it?

greginhali

TRIBE Member
The only reviews i bother with anymore here near Toronto, is Exclaim, and friends' posts on FB. I go to Setlist.fm to see what was played. i usually don't bother looking for shaky Youtube videos of the gig...i wasn't there, so it sucks to be me.
fucking sad how low and non existent this entire room has become.
it used to be fun. this has nothing to do with getting older. people just don't give a fuck anymore.

this is one of a half dozen rooms that could disappear and no one would even care for a month.
I enjoy reading the setlist.fm as well. Nice to see what is played. I was hoping there would be a review of the prodigy set at Riotfest. Ill check out Exclaim for some reviews. I just figured there was another local forum with more action.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
I wish you would shut the fuck up. I asked a simple question. I dont want to hear your retard ramblings. Make your own post, but dont fuck up a simple question with your stupid ass thoughts. People are sick of you. Dont you get it?
I don't know, man you come in here and accuse everyone of not posting event reviews, when you've completed none.

So of course we're going to have fun with it.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
I don't know, man you come in here and accuse everyone of not posting event reviews, when you've completed none.

So of course we're going to have fun with it.
http://www.tribemagazine.com/board/event-reviews/138366-beastie-boys-acc.html

James...at least you could have checked. he started only one thread, but has posted in many of many.
You are cut off.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories