• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Even worse than the gluttonous ballet moms in the McDonald's TV commercial...

diablo

TRIBE Member
...is the insipid song they used for the same piece.

This song literally makes me angry. It sounds like poppy R&B done by a soccer mom (or ballet mom) from Chatham.

I feel even better about not supporting McDonald's after their lame attampts at milking hip-hop (if you can even call it that) culture.

kuba

TRIBE Member
on that note.

I just had the new grilled chicken on a foccaccia bun, and a sald.

It was tasty.

chooch

TRIBE Member
i totally agree!

when i see this piece of ass-tastic brain washing ... i say to myself out loud " i hate mcdonald's food, i hate mcdonald's corporation's lack of soul and i will not support mcdonalds"

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

OTIS

TRIBE Member
They are called stage moms.

And I agree it's a horrible commercial. All part of McD's attempt at linking itself with a 'healthier lifestyle'.

kat

TRIBE Member
its not supposed to target you

and its working

im gladd they piss off all the people that dont know what theyre talking about

go mcdonalds!

mingster

TRIBE Member
god i hate that commercial :mad:

"weeeeeee! look at me! i'm a cool mom who likes to hang with the other cool moms and we love mcdonalds! you should be like us!" :mad:

and that look on the one mom's face when she shows up with the bad of mcshits. "hi guys! look what i brought!" :mad:

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by H2Whoa
stage milfs

shudder.

And for the record, my girl auditioned for the part of the ballet instructor for that shoot.. she was annoyed that they picked some out of shape non-ballet person to play the role.

Imajica

TRIBE Member
Not that mcdonalds was ever my first choice for food but after the whole justin timberlake episode I swore off completely. Then I was handed a copy of "fast food nation" and that helped elimantae most other fast food frachises.

I still have love for harveys and subway though. . nobodys all swell and perfect.

kat

TRIBE Member
dam..i hate being accountable when i run my mouth off :(

0k..so here are my reasons as to why people should stop demonizing mcdonalds (or at least hate them less)

1. they are finally making an effort to stop advertising directly to children

2. they are probably one of the only fast food chains (apart from wendys salad promos) that is focusing on promoting their "healthy alternative" menu.

3. mcdonalds, after the whole mclibel crap, i beleive is knowing, willing and abled to help change what is wrong with the fast food industry. there are fuckwads in every corporation - but mcdonalds takes their PR very seriously. if we complain about the right things, i beleive that they will listen and do something about it.

4. from what i hear they are also taking steps towards improving the terms of employment for the chain workers. that desperately need it. i know its not like letting their workers unionize - but that involves the entire foodservice industry.

5. people have been bashing mcdonalds (some hypocritically i might add) for a long time. and i think some of them may have lost sight in what they are actually complaining about.

the commercial is for mum's who take their active children (ballet kiddies) to mcdonalds (kids like it) and they can eat something healthy there instead of eating greasy food or not eating at all.

i dont have tv, so ive only seen the commercial once or twice.

jingles are annoying because they are supposed to be. catchy/annoying songs stick in your head. they are trying to get their new slogan across. its not just mcdonalds being crazy evil with their advertising agencies..this is called marketing. its been around for a long time.

otis - some of their pr/marketing people are dumbasses and probably just working at a firm hired by mcdonalds. they have made a lot of mistakes (i guess out of fear of not appeasing the great mcdonalds canada) - especially whoever is working for them in the gta. they suuuuck.

well..i think im right about all this..?

byebye
kait

ps - imajica: your points just make me feel more isolated with my interpretations and opinions of that book. secondly if i were to choose a fast food chain to admire/still respect enough to be one of their patrons, it would NOT be subway.

Last edited:

Imajica

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kat

ps - imajica: your points just make me feel more isolated with my interpretations and opinions of that book. secondly if i were to choose a fast food chain to admire/still respect enough to be one of their patrons, it would NOT be subway.

I wasn't trying to imply that I either admire or respect Harveys and Subway when I said I still have love for them. I just meant that I do really enjoy the food that they serve.

For me a lot of it is also about trying to eat healthy and respecting my body.

sarafina

TRIBE Member
AHHH! i hate that commercial!

ok...i hate mcdonalds...i haven't heard about these progressive steps they are making...although we did read an article about McDonalds Sweden in my philosophy and the environment class and they were apparently working with Swedish scientists to become more sustainable...however that much meat just makes me sick :(
as for subway...i am not particularly fond of these silli atkins wraps...mmm eat lots of meat and fatty foods!!! and you will be healthY!

:rolleyes:

sarah