• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Europe train

Caz

TRIBE Member
I'm going to Europe on business next month and need to know how much it will cost me to get from Amsterdam to Frankfurt on the train once. I tried googling this but I keep getting lost in a mess of eurotrain monthly pass deals, etc.:confused:

Has anyone done this? Any ideas how much I will pay for a one way ticket between these two cities?

Much appreciated

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
About $140 American.. Check out this link.

Have been to Europe alot, so know the links..

www.raileurope.com

Go to trains tickets and schedules.. Fill in needed info..Can't be sure of $, as I don't know when you are going.. Have fun! LOVE Amsterdam

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

s1k

TRIBE Member
cheaper to fly, specially if u book from now. it would be nicest to rent a car and drive now, it's a nice drive through the country side.

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
Nobody flies directly from Amsterdam to Frankfurt, so the train is probably the best bet, in this case.

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
Bah, proven wrong again.

Apparently I can't work the internet today, I had looked on the Schiphol website plus a couple others and everything that I found had stops. Tried again, and sure enough, you're right.

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
I agree with Lovely N Amazing. I travelled a shit load by train the last two times I was in Europe and looking at the same routes I took by plane, i could have saved a bundle. On the other hand you meet interesting people on the train (*ahem* me!) and you get to see the country side... but if you're not a backpacking touristy student and there strictly for business, go with the plane... you're in, you're out, package of peanuts!

Boo

TRIBE Member
Lovely N Amazin said:
klm and luftansa do. i'd fly - especially since your work is covering it.
Totally.

The whole "you'll see more of the country side on the train" is a crock. Think about how much of the country you see on the GO train and you get the picture. I've spent weeks on the trains in Europe and would fly any chance I got. I think the scenery is better for the most part in the plane actually.

BIG exception is a train through the alps

s1k

TRIBE Member
Boo said:
Totally.

The whole "you'll see more of the country side on the train" is a crock. Think about how much of the country you see on the GO train and you get the picture. I've spent weeks on the trains in Europe and would fly any chance I got. I think the scenery is better for the most part in the plane actually.

BIG exception is a train through the alps
and anywhere else in swistzerland.

there are also 2 budget lines that do frankfurt amsterdam, u'd have to google it, i think one is air berlin, not sure if easy jet does that route. i'm quite sure thomas cook does that route aswell.

Caz

TRIBE Member
Thanks for all the advice ppl, just booked my "eurail" pass or whatever it's called. Ran about 100 Euros for one way. I get a free meal though, I hope it's Bratwurst!!!