• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Etiquette Of Not Wanting Hard Liquor In Bottle Service Booth

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
I'm going out with people from my industry tonight. They have reserved 2 bottles and a booth at some club. I want nothing to do with hard liquor. I want to sip beer. What is the etiquette behind this? Do I pay for my beers + contribute something towards the premium paid on the bottles for the booth? If so, what amount?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
There is 4 of us going and 2 bottles reserved. I should probably tell them now because they might want to downgrade their order. 52 ounces of booze between 3 guys is a lot.

le bricoleur

TRIBE Member
I'm sure that they'll still want two bottles. Now they can get the ladies liquored up. But I'd give them the heads up that you won't be drinking any. Buy your own beers and offer to chip in some money for the booth.

Vote_4_Pedro

TRIBE Member
Bottle service is for tools.

Bumba - glad you are not a tool.

I would just be upfront with them, and if they are cool they will work something out with you. Personally, I wouldn't think you should pay, but I guess you're paying for the booth as well.

Ho||yw0oD

TRIBE Member
Bottle service is for tools.

Bumba - glad you are not a tool.

I would just be upfront with them, and if they are cool they will work something out with you. Personally, I wouldn't think you should pay, but I guess you're paying for the booth as well.

I can count on one hand how many times I've gotten bottle service. In my mind you are not necessarily a tool for getting bottle service. (Depending on club) it can be a good way to save on cover and save a little on drink costs while also getting a booth to chill in.

What would be REALLY cool though is if, instead of bottle service, you could get keg service. Round, refrigerated and insulated hole in the middle of the table where they slip in a 10L keg. Now THAT'd be something else.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Vote_4_Pedro

TRIBE Member
I can count on one hand how many times I've gotten bottle service. In my mind you are not necessarily a tool for getting bottle service. (Depending on club) it can be a good way to save on cover and save a little on drink costs while also getting a booth to chill in.

What would be REALLY cool though is if, instead of bottle service, you could get keg service. Round, refrigerated and insulated hole in the middle of the table where they slip in a 10L keg. Now THAT'd be something else.

See, this just seems MUCH less douchy...

I'd try that.

Sorry to be so harsh on bottlers, but really - who goes out to a club to just sit in a certain seat? To me, and just my opinion, it just seems pretentious. Maybe 'cause you only see dudes from the 905 with blowbacks in popular media rocking the bottle service.

TRO

TRIBE Member
where are you going (it depends on the amount they are charging for the booze) but just put 20 bucks in and tell them your not drinking bottles but just in case they wanna do a shot with you.

TRO

TRIBE Member
real sports has keg taps at some booths but they are reserved for ultra VIP's (celebs and special events)

coleridge

TRIBE Member
Don't a lot of booths have a minimum order of two bottles?

Find out what the cost per bottle is after 2 bottles and then subtract that price twice from the initial cost. Then divide that by four and only pay that. I'm betting you won't be too popular with your friends though...

TRO

TRIBE Member
I don't mind bottle service but I used to be in the industry for many years and I've grown accustom to it. However, I do agree that most people feel it brings a feeling of self-entitlement.

I like the idea of it (being able to skip the bar and have someone bring you a bottle and allow you to control what you drink instead of single ounce drinks) but I'm more into going to the bar and ordering a bottle off the bartender and just standing there with some glasses, mix and a bottle on ice rather then having couches and booths. (you could also scam the people and charge them for a drink if you are inclined to get your hustle on;))

Last edited:

TRO

TRIBE Member
Don't a lot of booths have a minimum order of two bottles?

Find out what the cost per bottle is after 2 bottles and then subtract that price twice from the initial cost. Then divide that by four and only pay that. I'm betting you won't be too popular with your friends though...

thats why it depends on the place.

I still say throwing them a 20 is suffice.

le bricoleur

TRIBE Member
I went to a few events where they had ghetto bottle service - meaning you got a mickey and a can of pop. Made for some fun nights.

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
I'd tell them ASAP that you don't want anything to do with the bottles in case it has any relevance in their planning and chip in $50 at the end of the night towards the bottles just for shits and giggles.

case sensitive

TRIBE Member
Vegas is bad for this, from my experience, there were several clubs where the only way you could sit is if you order bottle service, I didn't stay very long in those places.

I have a dislike for bottle service.

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
When I was in this situation I just drank the bottle booze and also ordered beers on the side.

Also I took over a booth at Guv just by kicking people out.

-jM
A&D