• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Erick Morrillo arrested for cocaine possession

AshG

^
it is. i'd say the number of djs out and about has, perhaps in defiance of reason, gone up over the past few years.

BAd Luck

TRIBE Member
Funny that no one mentioned the big coke bust in t.o. the same day
this thread was posted. 250kg. FAK!
funny thing was the cops estimated that is toronto's 2wk supply!
it's fucking snowing in toronto.

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
no doubt.

with all the old dogs still at it and the young pups coming in via the 'hipster' scene that makes sense.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

why not

TRIBE Member
BAd Luck said:
Is this about all the coke, or all the dj's?
LOL - i assumed that he was talking about the coke, but i guess it does work both ways.

on a related note - can Spinsah please reintroduce himself next time he sees me? i remember meeting you at wrongbar, but i have a bad feeling i've seen you since and given you the confused i-know-i-know-you-but-not-how stare.

The Truth

TRIBE Member
Cocaine charge dropped against star DJ Erick Morillo

Prosecutors in Scotland have dropped a cocaine charge against internationally renowned Colombian-American DJ and record-label owner Erick Morillo.

The 37-year-old was detained by police after being stopped by customs officers when he arrived at Glasgow Airport in December 2008.

He later pleaded not guilty to a charge of possessing cocaine.

The Crown Office said charges had been dropped after "careful consideration of all the facts and circumstances".

The Miami-based music producer was detained after flying in for an appearance at the Arches in Glasgow just before Christmas.

He was accused under the Customs and Excise Management Act, concerning the fraudulent evasion or attempted evasion of a prohibition on goods.

He pleaded not guilty to possessing cocaine when he appeared at Paisley Sheriff Court on 22 December 2008 and was released on bail.

A spokeswoman for the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service confirmed charges had now been dropped:

"The procurator fiscal at Paisley received a report concerning a 37-year-old man in relation to an incident on 20 December 2008," she said.

"As a result, proceedings were raised at Paisley Sheriff Court.

"However after full and careful consideration of all the facts and circumstances the procurator fiscal decided that the proceedings should be discontinued."

The platinum-selling artist was behind Reel 2 Real's 1994 dance floor filler "I Like to Move It" and found further success with remixes of songs by Whitney Houston and Basement Jaxx.

Mr Morillo is the co-founder of Subliminal Records and performs DJ sets across the world.

BBC News - Cocaine charge dropped against star DJ Erick Morillo

Blue Meanies

TRIBE Member
I know that I don't want to be the 38-year-old pumping his fist behind the decks LOL
Then why would you do it to start with?

I love to dj and produce music. So far its been quite successful for me and only seems to be getting better. It brings me immense joy and gives me an artistic outlet. I'm going to do it forever, as long as life allows me to. I'm also married and my wife loves what I do and is 100% supportive.

Being paid to do what you love vs. doing something just to get paid.

Really what would you choose?

If you know already that you don't want to be doing something in 10 years why would you waste your time or resources doing it now??

About growing up... do you want to look back on your life and tell your children/grand children that you just settled?
Or would you rather tell them you had the drive to chase your dreams and succeed in doing what you love?

green_souljah

TRIBE Member

I love to dj and produce music. So far its been quite successful for me and only seems to be getting better. It brings me immense joy and gives me an artistic outlet. I'm going to do it forever, as long as life allows me to. I'm also married and my wife loves what I do and is 100% supportive.

If you know already that you don't want to be doing something in 10 years why would you waste your time or resources doing it now??

About growing up... do you want to look back on your life and tell your children/grand children that you just settled?
Or would you rather tell them you had the drive to chase your dreams and succeed in doing what you love?
haha Nice!

coleridge

TRIBE Member

How old are you now?

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
So Erick Morillo won't be disbarred from the International DJ Association. He came close to bringing the industries reputation into ill repute.

Beings

TRIBE Member
How did he get out of this one? Was the coke not on him but in his bag? Did he check off the "Someone else packed my bags" check box on the declaration form ?!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories