• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Erick Morrillo arrested for cocaine possession

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
TaCk OnE? said:
I'm just saying my life is richer without endless drug benders and the never ending booms of some faceless club day in and day out.
I feel you.

Going out to hear music you really want to jam to is still one of my favourite things to do, and fortunately this happens mostly outside of the capital 'C' Clubs these days. But in general, as we get older those people who are working in the business into their 30's I am starting to feel sorry for. Especially promoters. I cannot think of anything more depressing than having to be at the same club week in and week out, pretending to be excited for events and having a facebook status that only announces the next party they are throwing.

That is not a job I envy one bit.

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
Spinsah said:
I feel you.

yah, I mean I totally dig music, love going out when I go, but being close to 40 and a yay face dj doesn't sound romantic to me at all, big dolla's aside.

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
Spinsah said:
But in general, as we get older those people who are working in the business into their 30's I am starting to feel sorry for. Especially promoters. I cannot think of anything more depressing than having to be at the same club week in and week out, pretending to be excited for events and having a facebook status that only announces the next party they are throwing.
He feels your pain (if you have seen the episode)

My nightmare would be going to a club 3 times a week. I'm down to twice a year now.

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
mrtunes said:
well that's their lifestyle choice. they have plenty of opportunities to become full-time producers or managers or A & R, whatever, but they chose to live like this. and there's also lots of guys that age who enjoy DJing but carry themselves differently, especially since many have families i assume.

i can probably count on one hand how many super star dj's have families. because you know after playing tunes from 1am till 6am they are going to go home and take care of the kids. lol.

disclaimer: many dj's are also terrific fathers and family guys

i have to agree with Tack One - there are many richer things in life than clubbing every weekend!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
having to do anything on a regular basis is a surefire way totake hte fun out of it.

except eating. mmmmmmmmm eating.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
I wonder if superstar djs are asked to bring the music for family events... bad boy bill just dj'd his niece's batmitzvah.

mrtunes

TRIBE Member
MissBlu said:
i can probably count on one hand how many super star dj's have families. because you know after playing tunes from 1am till 6am they are going to go home and take care of the kids. lol.

:p

i just know that in a lot of the random interviews i've read some of the big guys will mention their family. sasha is one who comes to mind.

other than that one dj i don't really know what i'm talking about though so i'll stay out of this now :)

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Spinsah said:
I feel you.

Going out to hear music you really want to jam to is still one of my favourite things to do, and fortunately this happens mostly outside of the capital 'C' Clubs these days. But in general, as we get older those people who are working in the business into their 30's I am starting to feel sorry for. Especially promoters. I cannot think of anything more depressing than having to be at the same club week in and week out, pretending to be excited for events and having a facebook status that only announces the next party they are throwing.

I'm not 30 yet, but I've been doing this for over 8 years, and personally I still love it and am excited about 98 percent of the events I do, or am involved in.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
MissBlu said:

i have to agree with Tack One - there are many richer things in life than clubbing every weekend!

whatever.. when you're making 10-40 grand per weekend, you can take off the other 5 days in the week. That's better then spending 40 hours per week at some shitty job that pays you 40-50k per year... and one who says other wise is whack.

I know if quite a few BIG DJs that are married and have families.

Sure they travel a lot and may miss some stuff, but when you're making 10-40k per week or more, your wife doesn't have to work, and you can afford hired help for when you're not around... and you can provide your family with the things that most people could never have.. not to mention ensure their future wealth.

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
oh my god, this is too fucking timely! i just got this email from my gf

OMG, I borrowed your blue bag yesterday and this morning I found a small baggie of weed in there! Tiny amount but still! if i'd been caught with that at the border i prolly would have been banned from coming to the states ever again. messed up! I thought about checking the bag for weed before i packed it but then didn't bother.

so now i guess i have to smoke it before i come home so i don't bring it over the border again.

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
ev said:
Morillo is a prick.. heard this from 3 different people that have booked him... I know one person that have booked him years ago. He showed up their club and was a huge ass. Rather then have him play, they asked him to leave and sent him out the back door and never booked him again.
i've heard the exact opposite about him buit to be fair but we've all had our days.

and who would pay for his flight out, all the shit associated with the night, him headlining and because he's being turd ferguson they ask him to leave out the back door before his show? when was this? in toronto?

oeretS said:
i like to snort it snort it
*snicker*

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Big Cheese said:
i've heard the exact opposite about him buit to be fair but we've all had our days.

and who would pay for his flight out, all the shit associated with the night, him headlining and because he's being turd ferguson they ask him to leave out the back door before his show? when was this? in toronto?

It was another city, and it was about 10 years ago... so his fee was no where near what it is now, and of course he didn't get most of it because they told him to beat it.

Can't see that happening now with what he gets paid.

TRO

TRIBE Member
keld said:
how?

the part where he says someone else should win the best house DJ award...

or the part where he says he hurt his sholder but still went to play his set...

or when he tells people coming up in the biz to work hard...

or the part where he says he loved DJing in his bedroom?

or the part where he tells of how he uses the equipment he uses to be creative...

or maybe the part where he blasts serato and torque for "...taking the easy way out"

or maybe he's sitting in his house in ibiza doing an interview for a no name generic DJ website that makes him the biggest douche in the world.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories