• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Enough with all the questions

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
Doesn't anyone know how to use the internet or even the fucking yellow pages any more?

Enough of the threads asking where something is. For fuck's sake, stop being such a lazy ass and look it up.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
word of mouth recommendations hold alot more sway with me than an ad in the yellow pages.

speaking of which, does anyone know a good independent, cheap dry cleaner in the queen west or financial district area?

vinder

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Booty Bits
word of mouth recommendations hold alot more sway with me than an ad in the yellow pages.

speaking of which, does anyone know a good independent, cheap dry cleaner in the queen west or financial district area?
no, but there's absolutely the best drycleaner in etobicoke. maestro cleaners got out cooked in lipstick, everyone else i tried wouldn't even try to clean it.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
It's called "guerilla marketing", whereby a company buys some people off, one starts a thread, and the other answers with that company's name, see?

And I will sabotage any efforts at it until I get something out of it myself.

vinder

TRIBE Member
you hussy!
lol no, it was in teh pockets of a top and i tossed it in the dryer. heat + lipstick + fabric = no good.

but seriously, if you want the best drycleaner, maestro is it.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Vote Quimby
Doesn't anyone know how to use the internet or even the fucking yellow pages any more?

Enough of the threads asking where something is. For fuck's sake, stop being such a lazy ass and look it up.
amen brother!

KiFe

TRIBE Member
this is such a stupid thing to find 'unworthy' of precious board space.

the point is that if most of these people actually TOOK the time to seek out answers themselves, it may just help them devellop as human beings.

It's not so good to always have your answers spoonfed to you.

That being said, open the phonebook, find the number for the place you need, call them up and ask THEM for their hours of operation.
(less likely to be mis-informed this way correct?)

This can be done WICKEDFAST and you'll have your answers faster than you can type: '100 views and no helpful replies... thanks alot tribe :rolleyes:'

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by maddog
It's not a matter of lazy for me, it's nice to see who else lives in the area :)
yes but if you dont have your 'little orphan annie' secret decoder ring,you wont be able to get an answer from the general room dwelling assholes.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KiFe
the point is that if most of these people actually TOOK the time to seek out answers themselves, it may just help them devellop as human beings.
oh, well... as long as its really all about us becoming fully actualized human beings...then its totally worth bitching about.

please... my apologies.

squirrely

TRIBE Member
asking for something that would be more easily and effectively googled or yellow-paged is one thing, and yeah it deserves an eye-roll for sure. but asking for recommendations is a whole other story. i think tribe is a great place for sharing information like that.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
oh, well... as long as its really all about us becoming fully actualized human beings...then its totally worth bitching about.

please... my apologies.

nice.

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by squirrely
asking for something that would be more easily and effectively googled or yellow-paged is one thing, and yeah it deserves an eye-roll for sure. but asking for recommendations is a whole other story. i think tribe is a great place for sharing information like that.
Recommendations are one thing, asking where to find the nearest whatever is pure laziness.

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Vote Quimby
Recommendations are one thing, asking where to find the nearest whatever is pure laziness.
I dunno... in many cases, I'd much prefer a personal opinion from someone knowledgeable than whatever advertisements a company has. I generally trust the opinions on Tribe for restaurants and products, especially when quality is an issue.

But there are other times when it is indeed pure laziness. There was a post a week or two ago where someone was asking for the number for Amato's. :confused:

kuba

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Subsonic Chronic

But there are other times when it is indeed pure laziness. There was a post a week or two ago where someone was asking for the number for Amato's. :confused:
Yeah I remember that idiot.

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KiFe
This can be done WICKEDFAST and you'll have your answers faster than you can type: '100 views and no helpful replies... thanks alot tribe :rolleyes:'

lick my balls
you must be a really slow typer

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Hear hear!

I could not agree more. Once again, I find this to be a regular human trait that has manifested itself gloriously in interent life. People want to be spoonfed every bit of information these days. There seems to be a frightening devolution in the general desire or ability to find information out for oneself if it requires more than a ten degree turning of the head.

When I need information on the net, I actually look for it, and when I have exhausted any possible resources, then I'll go to people and see if they have any idea. Ninety nine times out of a hundred I can find things faster and in greater detail than if I had taken the time to start a thread about it.

IF THIS TREND CONTINUES, THE HUMAN RACE IS IN DIRE PERIL I TELL YOU.

NOW POST SOME PICTURES OF BOA REDUX SO I CAN FIGURE OUT IF I SHOULD GO THERE OR NOT, OH AND BY THE WAY, DOES ANYONE KNOW IF TRIBE MAGAZINE HAS A WEBSITE?

IgStar

TRIBE Member
what color shirt should I wear tomorrow?

I'm gonna wear jeans and white sneakers, so it has to match.

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
should I go out for lunch or stay in?

.....off to find the "this or that"

all those questions, *tee hee hee*

sk8

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by vinder
lol no, it was in teh pockets of a top and i tossed it in the dryer. heat + lipstick + fabric = no good.

but seriously, if you want the best drycleaner, maestro is it.
is noone else wondering why vinder is carrying lipstick around in his pocket?