• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

end of summer

HC_P

TRIBE Member
What a crazy night. The place was absolutely rammed, but I guess it had to be expected. Thankfully I decided to stay in the Kool Haus all night. It was still hot, but at least there was room to dance/move around.

Luke Fair played a phenominal opening set. Really built things up nicely and got everyone ready for Howells. One of these days I want to see Luke play a prime-time set.

Danny Howells killed it! I thought he might hold back a bit because Deep Dish still had to play, but thankfully I was wrong. He was dropping proper beats all night. The best was hearing the track Freak in the morning, freak in the evening, and everyone, at least where I was, going MENTAL:D Set of the night for me.

I though Ali played a solid set. He continued nicely where Howells left off, but Sharem sucked large! I'm not sure if it was because I was so tired, but everything was bog-standard.

However, I did think the beats in the Kool Haus throughout the evening as a whole were pretty solid.

I actually met a couple of Tribers. It was nice meeting Chris (rentboy) and Jay (JIB), minus his famous orange hat:D

Wow, I'm tired after that. Back to some HC loffing

Albert.

catilyst

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by RaVeRGuY

Tracklisting as follows:

1. )E|B( - Elm Street
2. )E|B( - Snowcats
3. Moving Fusion - ???
4. Future Sound of London - Papua New Guinea (High Contrast remix) <rewind>
<tease>Shimon - Hush Hush
5. Tommy Knocker - ??? <rewind>
<tease>Roni Size - Playtime
<tease>Total Science - Squash VIP
6. Rawhill Cru feat. MC Navigator and Spyda - Start the Fire ()E|B( Remix) <rewind>
<tease>Digital - Deadline
<tease>)E|B( - Torpedo
<tease>Friction - ???
7. Dillinja - How Dare You <rewind>
8. Hive & Keaton - The Plague
9. Swift & )E|B( - Dogsploitation <rewind x 2>
<tease>Dillinja - Twist 'em Out
10. Dillinja - Twist 'em Out <rewind>
<tease>)E|B( - The Nine
11. Marky & XRS - Closer <rewind>
<tease>RAM Trilogy - Titan
12. M.I.S.T. & High Contrast - 3am
13. Dylan & Friction - Polluted Soul <rewind>
<tease>RAM Trilogy - No Reality
14. J Majik feat. Lolletta Holloway - 24 hours
15. Origin Unknown feat. MC Dynamite - Untitled at the moment
<tease>Ed Rush & Fierce - Alien Girl
16. Ed Rush & Optical - Pacman (RAM Trilogy Remix) <rewind>
<tease>Ray Keith feat. Lea - Something Out There (Twisted Anger Remix)
17. Kemal & Paul Reset - Crisis Remix
18. Kryptic Minds - The Truth (Gabba Remix) <rewind x 2>
<tease>Topcat - Ruffest Gunark
19. Origin Unknown - Truly One Remix Pt. 1 <rewind>
<tease>??? - ???
20. )E|B( - The Hornet
21. ??? - ???
22. ??? - ???
23. Tech Itch & Kemal - The Calling
24. J Majik - The Lizard (DSF Remix)
25. J Majik & Sonic - New Generation
26. Moving Fusion - Dynamite <rewind>
<tease>RAM Trilogy - Beastman
27. Adam F & MOP - Stand Clear (RAM Trilogy Remix)
<tease>Dillinja - Ain't Too Loud
28. Dillinja - Bassline Rolling Inside the Venue rewind>
29. Roni Size - Playtime
30. Dillinja - Just the 2 of Us <rewind>
<tease>Roni Size - Trust Me
31. )E|B( - Torpedo <rewind x 2>
<tease>Roni Size - Snapshot

-JP

WOW that's pretty impresive. Did anyone catch that sample in Andy C' last track, something about "a laser missle fired from a Canadian ship"??

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
ARMIN.

best set of the night.

:D

That was the only thing good at this party. Thank god for goldclub passes is right. Oy.

Other than that, i had fun, got to hang out with Jay (until I lost him for 3 hours) and now he's passed out on my couch curled up snuggling with my cat. haha.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

RaVeRGuY

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by catilyst

WOW that's pretty impresive. Did anyone catch that sample in Andy C' last track, something about "a laser missle fired from a Canadian ship"??

Yup, "Torpedo" by )E|B( forthcoming on their album end of this month.

"At star time 35426, StarFleet cruiser 1 from Pluto base was attacked laser torpedoes fired from an alien ship."

"No complications, no warnings....no survivors."

-JP

tella

TRIBE Member
i gave andy c a kiss on the cheek, dave rescuing me out of the jungle room (he had to lie to the bouncer and say i was having an asthma attack so he would let us out), being with my friends, seeing faces that i havent seen in months, meeting a few new faces (it's incredible how standing next to a group of people in a line that isn't moving can help you realize just how much you have in common), everfresh's set, marcus' marathon set aaannnd....er...andy c! <-- the good.

hordes of sweaty, migrating ppl, ceiling drip, nasty security guards who were treating people like animals (pushing, shoving for no reason, being extremely rude and yelling at people for shite that is out of their control), not allowing people to switch b.w rooms while all of the headliners were on <--- the bad

i wore open toe shoes<---the ugly

It's Rawknee

TRIBE Member
That line was fucked up. Got there at about 11:30 stood at the BACK of the line with a buddy when after 10 minutes or so I came to the conclusion we were not getting in for at least 2 hours, so we budded and blended our way to the front;)

Straight to Sky Bar and no looking back.

I have the most highest respect for D Monic and everything he does for our scene, but I've never really had him blow me away......until lastnite......WOW, nuff said:)

I enjoyed Freeland's set, some nice tracks, lost me towards the end though. I think at one point his sampler got all fucked up, gave me a little chuckle!

Robb G was next and this man NEVER disappoints!

Jon Fuck'n E OWNS! I think I had a big grin on my face during his entire set:D

Overall I had a great time.

That was me the adorable asian guy with the orange hat dancin up a storm.

Be safe, rawknee

Psy-m-bio-teK

TRIBE Member
Look at the Price difference

My question is Did any one look at the price difference?

Never have I seen such a difference.

Early birds were only $15
and it went up to $55 at the door at Midnight?

The owners had every intention of ramming the place
otherwise they wouldm't have had really low prices at the very begining

Oh well, thats what you get from Business men running the show, they are not people involved with the scene, who care about it and the people in it.

Glad to hear that alot of people liked Infected Mushroom.
Welcome to the psy side

elektrofunk

TRIBE Member
9000 people that night.......maybe 3000 too many......but after all that....(lets see....crowded rooms everywhere....the constant switching..opening and closing of lineups to get in.....the wait to see andy c in the orange room...and all the trouble it took to move to room to room) i still had fun.......howells rocked.......armin was his usal epic self it seems like he really enjoys it here in T.O.....andy was just alright.....and DEEP DISH OWNED!...call me cheesy but i still get tears everytime they play "under the water"........classic....and a bonus to see old friends around!.....and p.s. does anyone know who was spinning out side....i really enjoyed her tracks she played ......cute too!
Sean.C

RyanMarcus

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa

Shirtless juice monkeys - way too many of these twits. Many had waxed chests. Those that did not, had hair on their back.

AND PLEASE MAKE THE SWEATY JUICE MONKEYS PUT BACK ON THEIR SHIRTS. I HATE GETTING THEIR SWEAT ALL OVER ME WHEN THEY WALK BY.

Funniest/most surreal sight of the night - shirtless steroid user at urinal screaming at his own penis to hurry up and finnish while urinating.
I will second the anti-juicemonkey motion. I really really hate it when they smear sweat all over me too. Very disgusting. No class.

And the neandrathal screaming at his own penis -- how classic!

sohaness

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by elektrofunk
call me cheesy but i still get tears everytime they play "under the water"........classic....
i like that track as well, but i wasnt too into the mix that was played last night. i love the deep dish remix...sooo good.

steve.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by elektrofunk
and p.s. does anyone know who was spinning out side....i really enjoyed her tracks she played ......cute too!
Sean.C
sydney blu

outofcontrol

TRIBE Member
I waited in line for an hour and a half.. got in with my companion and it was perfect.. that was at 11pm...Luke Fair I totally dug..by the time Howells went on the Kool Haus was rammed... enjoyed what I saw though.. decided to go for a "tour" and ended up being trapped in the Guvernment... coulnd't go anywhere...Missed Andy C altogether (I feel like shooting someone for that)...anyway I was trapped having to listen to Infected Mushroom (I love psy trance but my god this was terrible) and missed almost everything cause I couldn't stand the heat.

the only thing that saved my night was the amazing house music that was playing outside in the parking lot and whoever it was that dropped the breaks up on the skybar at 5:30am... my god I don't think I danced that hard all night..

never going to a big TO party again....

Tony

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Persephone

TRIBE Member
This party was possibly one of the most disappointing of my time.

I was so physched to go...and when I got there...huge fucking line up that didn't make any sense!

TO THE PROMOTERS: please, keep the ticket holder line separate from the cash!!! and keep some security out there so that we can figure out which line is which!

What else is there to say...too many people. I'm not going to beat a dead horse...we all saw that. I nearly got trampled trying to go into the Orange Room at 2 pm. Some big dumb-ass gino kept trying to push forward and was consequentially putting his sweaty chest against my cheek (I'm small). Then he proceeded to burn me very nicely with his cigarette.

When I finally got into the Guvernment to see Infected Mushroom they were having a tonne of technical difficulties and the set was delayed for 10 min. Then their set was mediocre at best...started off really well and then sort of fizzled out.

Deep Dish did a good job though...those guys prevented this party from being my worst ever.

I really feel sorry for the people who had their cars towed...I got back to mine just in time, but I saw a lot of cars being taken away.

what a fucking waste of $36. :mad:

catilyst

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by RaVeRGuY

Yup, "Torpedo" by )E|B( forthcoming on their album end of this month.

"At star time 35426, StarFleet cruiser 1 from Pluto base was attacked laser torpedoes fired from an alien ship."

"No complications, no warnings....no survivors."

-JP
wow I was totally hearing something else

~Bakes~

TRIBE Member
ANDY MUTHA FUCKING C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! holy shit man this guy is talented and BEYOND. It was packed but I had wicked time , T.O bitch an complain too much.....Just make the best of what u have..... and listen to G.Q He couldnt stop biggin up T.O coz it was sooooooooo hype but packed......ah well i'll post a more cohernent post later...

Lata

smilez

TRIBE Member
Well my night was the opposite of most here. I had a wicked night.

ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL!!!! The BEST party I've been to in forever.

I got there at 10:30, waited in line for 20 min's then headed into the gov which was already going strong. Hung out in KH for a bit then headed over to the Orange room at 1. I made it in min's before they put up the barriers so I was so happy about that. Met up with Duncan and Olga and proceeded to party with them for the next few hours. Marcus played a sick pre Andy set. Then Andy, OMG!!!! Words cannot express just how sick his set was, he passed all my expectations. Right up at the front, sweat dripping from the roof, and junglists going crazy, what more could you ask for.

After Andy's set walked around a bit, left around 6 completely satisfied. Although I would've liked to see more Tribers, I wouldn't have been able to relate to the sucky nights you were having.

So satisfied.

Melissa

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

vinder

TRIBE Member
ridiculously packed. insanely hot. i dunno how this didnt' turn into a disaster, it's amazing no one was hurt.

but somehow i managed to have a good time. probably because we just stayed oustide for a good portion of the night.

infected mushroom - good lord, if that's what goa/psy trance is, where do i find more!

bad boy bill - dropped some funky ass shit, kept me moving on outside on the patio of the guvernment

dave saddler - WOW, this man has talent! loved his set, very, i dunno, experimental? some truly intelligent yet ass shaking stuff

adam freeland - loved the little bit of his set that i did catch!

deep dish - maybe it was just cause i was dead tired by that point, but meh...

as always though, it was my party crew that made the night for me. mad love to jayrev, lady linzee, girl friday and samson. it was great to meet and hang with rejenerate (next time i promise to try and find more dancing space!), juice and disco stu (not a big bitter fat guy like i thought he would be, lol)! and for all those who i'm forgetting, under the circumstances.... :)

smilez

TRIBE Member
Re: Anyway

Originally posted by aXion_jaXion

Highlight of the night was getting a sausage from the vendor outside the exit i went out.

If I would've seen you I would've given you a BIG hug. Then maybe you'd have a better highlight to the night:)

Melissa

smilez

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~Bakes~
ANDY MUTHA FUCKING C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! holy shit man this guy is talented and BEYOND. It was packed but I had wicked time , T.O bitch an complain too much.....Just make the best of what u have..... and listen to G.Q He couldnt stop biggin up T.O coz it was sooooooooo hype but packed......ah well i'll post a more cohernent post later...

Lata
Exactly.

Melissa

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
i was hoping to see yu smilez (i was told you were wearing a snazzy little outfit..) but no luck..

kate

TRIBE Member
Awww stop it everyone...were we even at the same party?

Granted I'm pretty fucking phenomenal at moving though crowds, I just GO, but really, it didn't seem THAT bad to me.

I went in with the attitude that this was going to be the perfect night to end the summer, and it was. Skybar was rockin, Andy BLEW MY MIND, and John E played my old favourites. I didn't go anywhere but Skybar and the Orange Room, but I had the time of my life. Forget about the bad parts, cause the good outweiged em for me times a million.

I say MAJOR props to Guvernment and the Partiers for pulling this one off-like Marcus said its fucking brilliant to see our scene actually getting that many people out again instead of the constant dissapointments that have been 2002 as far as numbers go!

GO TDOT.